Author Topic: First Eminem single to be called " We Made You " , out on April 7th.  (Read 1640 times)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: First Eminem single to be called " We Made You " , out on April 7th.
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 07:37:41 PM »
Good post bro. I tihnk thats the problem with the Jay album, the content was alot more mature, but the shit just didn't knock or sound that good. Hip Hop as an art form is a youth driven culture, so any major label release will struggle to make an impact or make a good sounding 'mature' album. Aslong as they're not talking about shit they aint doing, and it sounds good, then I'm happy...

Both you and Lyrical made some real good points. And it can't be overlooked that Dre and Jay were never in the same studio recording material for Kingdom Come. Dre sent him a CD with 30 or so beats, Jay picked the ones he wanted, did his vocals and then they did the back and forth email shit before Dre mixed the final product.

Truthfully, I think the recording process is an important factor because if the producer and the artist are not in the same studio vibing, there is no way to create proper chemistry unless the beat matches the lyrics, delivery and subject perfectly. Even then, that rarely happens but then again, "In Da Club" was done using the back & forth method. As far as Em's new shit goes, it's been reported that him and Dre have been recording together in the same studios for quite some time, so hopefully the new joints come out crazy.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 08:46:09 PM »
^ one of my fav white stripes songs, that was a weird album, it was half whoa, half eh

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »
^ one of my fav white stripes songs, that was a weird album, it was half whoa, half eh

Same here. I liked most of the songs but only loved a few of them. Coming off of Elephant I expected more. But Denial Twist was an early favorite of mine. Blue Orchid is another great track. And I remember liking Little Ghost a lot.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2009, 09:28:32 PM »
Good post bro. I tihnk thats the problem with the Jay album, the content was alot more mature, but the shit just didn't knock or sound that good. Hip Hop as an art form is a youth driven culture, so any major label release will struggle to make an impact or make a good sounding 'mature' album. Aslong as they're not talking about shit they aint doing, and it sounds good, then I'm happy...

Both you and Lyrical made some real good points. And it can't be overlooked that Dre and Jay were never in the same studio recording material for Kingdom Come. Dre sent him a CD with 30 or so beats, Jay picked the ones he wanted, did his vocals and then they did the back and forth email shit before Dre mixed the final product.

Truthfully, I think the recording process is an important factor because if the producer and the artist are not in the same studio vibing, there is no way to create proper chemistry unless the beat matches the lyrics, delivery and subject perfectly. Even then, that rarely happens but then again, "In Da Club" was done using the back & forth method. As far as Em's new shit goes, it's been reported that him and Dre have been recording together in the same studios for quite some time, so hopefully the new joints come out crazy.

Yeah apparently they were working together real heavy in the studio so hopefully they've brung out the best in each other, we will see in less than a month hopefully