Author Topic: "The Brady Rule"  (Read 423 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
"The Brady Rule"
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:19:27 PM »
its bullshit! >:( :grumpy:

way to make the game some soft ass shit, pathetic.

OG Hack Wilson

Re: "The Brady Rule"
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
here is how Hack Wilson looks at it:

Pro's:
-NFL is helped from a marketing standpoint, where they have the #1 marketed position getting hurt less
-Offenses benefit

Con's
-Defenses are forced to catchup  (which the NFL's other rules are making it easier for offense as well)
-Pollard can't do that same tackle to Tom Brady next year LOL im just kidding

lets be real though, the only QB's the league would make this rule for are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and MAYBE Big Ben
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

thisoneguy360

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 01:19:52 AM »
^ Lol if someone had done that shit to Manning they probably would've been banished from the league.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:30:10 AM »
^ Lol if someone had done that shit to Manning they probably would've been banished from the league.
in 06 he got a wicked hit from the Redskins & that player didn't get banned or suspended.  He got bent in a bad way.  Surprisingly Peyton still played in the game & never missed a game. 

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 03:37:39 AM »
its bullshit! >:( :grumpy:

way to make the game some soft ass shit, pathetic.
He's the John Wayne glamourboy no.1.  That's what the NFL is all about.  He's the new Elway & the ingratriots are the new Broncos with Elway....when it comes to referee's cheatin >:( 

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 07:22:05 AM »
Well i don't think it should be legal to take peoples knees out

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 07:49:20 AM »

it was a 100% legal hit

the NFL agreed.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 08:10:54 AM »
Go Bills!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »
Brady rule legal definition

n
Evidence or information favorable to the defendant in a criminal case that is known by the prosecution. Under the United States Supreme Court case of Brady v. Maryland (1963), the prosecution must disclose such material to the defendant if requested to do so. Under subsequent United States Supreme Court cases, the material must also be disclosed, even if not requested, if it is obviously helpful to the defendant's case. These requirements are collectively known as the Brady rule.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »

yeah, but when linemen get thrown to the ground, they have to stand back up now & hit QB's upper body, instead of just staying on the ground & wrapping up there legs.

HOW GAY!

Smash1

• Lil Geezy
  • Im A Pimp Around Texas
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 11:20:16 AM »
even though knowone wants their QB to get hurt, it is still a physical contact sport. they should just change it to touch if there is going to be rules on hitting the QB lol!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 12:17:03 PM »

yeah, but when linemen get thrown to the ground, they have to stand back up now & hit QB's upper body, instead of just staying on the ground & wrapping up there legs.

HOW GAY!

That's disgusting. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Johnny Unitas; Greatest QB of all time. No one else comes close. It's hard for me to put a guy like Brady in the running when he wouldn't last two seasons in a real game of football. Favre and Manning are the only current greats that have shown old school toughness.

westsiderider323

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
this new rule fuckin sucks and its gonna b harder for the interior D line to make a sack

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 12:33:51 PM »
Oh and another thing; I'm sick of this QB is the star that needs protecting myth. How much money did the NFL and Patriots lose last year because there was no Brady? The NFL is a machine that makes money based on it's brand, and it's ability to create stars to watch year after year.

Then again, they go to much further lengths to protect stupid punters so go figure.

the ghost

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »
Yeah I think the league is getting softer every year.  You tap the QB now and its a flag.  I'm all for letting them get babied as long as they agree not to pretend to be running backs.  How are you supposed to ease up on contact when they can burn past you?