Author Topic: Does Anyone Know How To Delete Songs Off iTunes A Certain Way?  (Read 163 times)

AnybodyKilla

Im trying to delete a bunch of songs off my iTunes. BUT i cant delete em from iTunes directly into the recyling bin, i have to delete the song from iTunes first and THEN go to search and type the song name in and delete it like that lol. This is fuckin brutal, isnt there a way i can delete the song off iTunes and that song file automatically goes to the recycling bin?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Delete Songs Off iTunes A Certain Way?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:58:11 PM »
get media monkey

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

i did after it deleted some of my songs in the itunes library only (thank god)

and the answer to your question is : i dont think u can unless the music is in ur itunes music folder.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:59:50 PM by LooN3y »

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Muhfukka

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:59:14 PM »
i dont know much about computers but i dont think so because hen you put shit in itunes it copies it it doesnt just move it

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »
get media monkey

i did after id deleted some of my songs in the itunes library only (thank god)

and the answer to your question is : i dont think u can unless the music is in ur itunes music folder.

Right now my songs are in the "My Music" folder and i did once before like a month ago i remember drag all the songs into the "iTunes Music Folder" or w.e and they still didnt delete properly. But im not sure if i did it properly, fuckkkkk, can anyone else help me out lol?

G-Funk

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »
thats strange. everytime i delete a song it always ask me to remove from itunes, or remove completely.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:02:16 PM »
thats strange. everytime i delete a song it always ask me to remove from itunes, or remove completely.

Yah it asks me that too, but only sometimes, very rarely, cant i make that permanent? See what your settings are set to or something!!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:02:58 PM »
get media monkey

i did after id deleted some of my songs in the itunes library only (thank god)

Right now my songs are in the "My Music" folder and i did once before like a month ago i remember drag all the songs into the "iTunes Music Folder" or w.e and they still didnt delete properly. But im not sure if i did it properly, fuckkkkk, can anyone else help me out lol?

id ont know every track that i converted to mp3 got thrown in the itunes music folder and when i delete the track it always asks if i wanna send it to the trash.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »
Ok, this is fuckin weird. I went into edit>preferences>advanced and checked the "Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library" box. Then when i went to delete a song off iTunes it said "move to recycling bin" or w.e and then i clicked that and then i went to check if it was in the recycling bin and it was BUT it was still in the "My Music" folder lol!!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »
Ok, this is fuckin weird. I went into edit>preferences>advanced and checked the "Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library" box. Then when i went to delete a song off iTunes it said "move to recycling bin" or w.e and then i clicked that and then i went to check if it was in the recycling bin and it was BUT it was still in the "My Music" folder lol!!!

yea because ur copying them to ur itunes folder and not moving them.

ur makign copies like back up copies of the song. i say u delete that shit cuz its prob clogging up ur harddisk space.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »

ur makign copies like back up copies of the song. i say u delete that shit cuz its prob clogging up ur harddisk space.

I took it off, its not clogging notihng now, all my music is in the "My Music" folder now, no where else. I Just want this shit to move to the bin now lol. Somebody HASS to know what to do!!!!!!!!!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »

I took it off, its not clogging notihng now, all my music is in the "My Music" folder now, no where else. I Just want this shit to move to the bin now lol. Somebody HASS to know what to do!!!!!!!!!!

nahh, ur supposed to keep it in ur itunes music folder if u want the option to delete from the list or delete it from the recyclin bin. dont have any files in ur "my music" folder. but i were u i would just stop using itunes, its unreliable and has alotta bugs.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 10:04:16 PM »

nahh, ur supposed to keep it in ur itunes music folder if u want the option to delete from the list or delete it from the recyclin bin. dont have any files in ur "my music" folder. but i were u i would just stop using itunes, its unreliable and has alotta bugs.

I did do that man. I put a song in the itunes music folder to check if it would delete and it did go to the bin, BUT it was still there LOL!!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 12:08:47 AM »

I did do that man. I put a song in the itunes music folder to check if it would delete and it did go to the bin, BUT it was still there LOL!!!

damn i dont know what to say but get mediamonkey.

it solves ur problem on the foreal though. it gives an option no matter what folder its in when u delete it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 01:35:31 AM »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 02:18:58 AM »
Alright bro, if its dope ill download it I guess, thanks!!!