Author Topic: This "Topless" track off Detox is sick!!! Dre is back!!!!!!!!  (Read 2236 times)

hrsmn_london

Re: This "Topless" track off Detox is sick!!! Dre is back!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »
Dre probably gets in ghost producers too.

Fag.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »
Bump that, you can tell a Dre track. THose are unconfirmed rumors. Dre production IS on that track.The signature is all there, including the new piano trademark.

LOL it has been confirmed that it's not produced by Dre yet you still make that claim?  :laugh:

the drums go hard i give you that, but it doesn't change anything.

In my opinion you're just being an idealist.

You have as much information, and their corresponding sources, as any other Dre fans on this board.

What if I told you the real Hittman confirmed (to me) that Dre actually had his hands on this track?

what if i told you that you were being ignorant.

Octo has proven to be a legit person...

Ignorant? So says the one who trusts Octo dude more than Hittman lol. Fail.

You don't even know Octo half as much as you think. I know dude from a french forum (he is french)

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 11:02:51 AM »
Bump that, you can tell a Dre track. THose are unconfirmed rumors. Dre production IS on that track.The signature is all there, including the new piano trademark.

LOL it has been confirmed that it's not produced by Dre yet you still make that claim?  :laugh:

You have as much information, and their corresponding sources, as any other Dre fans on this board.

What if I told you the real Hittman confirmed (to me) that Dre actually had his hands on this track?

Sorry I missed the part where Octo confirmed this as a pure DJ Khalil track with no Dre influence on this whatsoever.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 12:08:15 PM »

Sorry I missed the part where Octo confirmed this as a pure DJ Khalil track with no Dre influence on this whatsoever.

you're right, he didn't state that.
yet, he DID state that DJ Khalil produced it.

Ignorant? So says the one who trusts Octo dude more than Hittman lol. Fail.

You don't even know Octo half as much as you think. I know dude from a french forum (he is french)
yeah, i said it, you've read it correctly  :nahnah2:

Octo is a credible person, you're not; history speaks for itself.
i don't need to know anything more.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 03:52:25 PM »

Its better than half the tracks on 2001

Word.. this song is better than half the tracks on 2001.  Off the top of my head the only tracks on 2001 that were better were...

"The Watcher"
"Still Dre"
"XXXplosive"
"What's the Difference"
"Forgot About Dre"
"The Next Episode"
"Some LA Niggaz"

...and that's it!!!!!!!  And really I'm being generous because I've always thought Kurupt fucked up XXXplosive and Nate came in and salvaged it
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »
btw... I thought the "Crack A Bottle" beat was sick.. but this song is much better as a song overall, yet still.. these two tracks prove to me that Dre's still got it.

Thats what I was thinking. I liked the beat a lot but Em's whiny singing almost ruined the song for me.

i expected much more from Dre, but this beat IS dope 8)

U damn right but some call you a hater when you say that even tough it's legitimate

you should expect more, cause Topless isn't worth being on Detox

haha! comedian

Light Speed
Let's Get High
Bitch Niggas
Murder Ink
Housewife
Ackrite

okay, not exactly half, but better than 6 tracks off of 2001. And thats in its unfinished state. It was one of the dopest albums in years, but y'all are overrating it. As an entire album it flowed. But look at some tracks individually and you see its weaknesses, especially from a lyrical standpoint. Some people have such high expectations for Detox that nothing will satisfy them and they think 2001 was a perfect album.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:04:57 PM by rapsodie »

Kurupt1607

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 05:05:46 PM »
Yes this track is sick even if it's just a skeleton of the track.

The drums go hard, something i could expect for Detox, Khalil will be very important on Detox as Focus.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 12:41:16 AM »
btw... I thought the "Crack A Bottle" beat was sick.. but this song is much better as a song overall, yet still.. these two tracks prove to me that Dre's still got it.

Thats what I was thinking. I liked the beat a lot but Em's whiny singing almost ruined the song for me.

U damn right but some call you a hater when you say that even tough it's legitimate

haha! comedian

Light Speed
Let's Get High
Bitch Niggas
Murder Ink
Housewife
Ackrite

okay, not exactly half, but better than 6 tracks off of 2001. And thats in its unfinished state. It was one of the dopest albums in years, but y'all are overrating it. As an entire album it flowed. But look at some tracks individually and you see its weaknesses, especially from a lyrical standpoint. Some people have such high expectations for Detox that nothing will satisfy them and they think 2001 was a perfect album.

no i'm not overrating it.
i like almost every track of 2001, so there goes your statement.

about the comment related to the lyrics: don't make me laugh  :laugh:
the verses of Topless certainly don't surpass anything from 2001

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 01:44:23 AM »
^^I agree...but Nas verse on Topless vs Kurupt verse on Xxplosive?

Okka

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 01:47:17 AM »
I agree it's the best "Detox" track so far, but better then half of "2001"? ::)

A.K.T.

• Lil Geezy
  • myspace.com/aktoftheartists
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 04:29:10 AM »

you can't be serious

not hating. i just remember the time when Dre was better

That's what i'm saying, i think we can widely expect more 'cause of his quality of work for 2001 and albums which came after (such as X, Snoop, 50, Game, Busta...) so 2 me nobody can call a hater a person who isn't satisfied about these recents leaks, cause he ain't. That just the proof we know Dre can do better than that period.

Paul

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 06:50:37 AM »

Word.. this song is better than half the tracks on 2001.  Off the top of my head the only tracks on 2001 that were better were...

"The Watcher"
"Still Dre"
"XXXplosive"
"What's the Difference"
"Forgot About Dre"
"The Next Episode"
"Some LA Niggaz"

...and that's it!!!!!!!  And really I'm being generous because I've always thought Kurupt fucked up XXXplosive and Nate came in and salvaged it

WTF, i know its your opinion buddy but wow

Anyway no denying this is a great track, really great track, but im hoping theres still better stuff in the pipeline for Detox
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 08:54:39 AM »

"The Watcher"
"Still Dre"
"XXXplosive"
"What's the Difference"
"Forgot About Dre"
"The Next Episode"
"Some LA Niggaz"

WTF, i know its your opinion buddy but wow

Anyway no denying this is a great track, really great track, but im hoping theres still better stuff in the pipeline for Detox

Paul i'm sure there's better stuff, but someone needs to steal it :P

alcoolholic

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 10:39:02 AM »

"The Watcher"
"Still Dre"
"XXXplosive"
"What's the Difference"
"Forgot About Dre"
"The Next Episode"
"Some LA Niggaz"

what? no way man, kurupt dropped the best verse ever

but i think detox will be classic, real hiphop, i think thats what dre should do anyways. topless is definetly on the right track i think.