Author Topic: God 'will not give happy ending'  (Read 529 times)

RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND!

God 'will not give happy ending'
« on: March 26, 2009, 05:07:18 AM »
God will not intervene to prevent humanity from wreaking disastrous damage to the environment, the Archbishop of Canterbury has warned.

In a lecture, Dr Rowan Williams urged a "radical change of heart" to prevent runaway climate change.

At York Minster he said humanity should turn away from the selfishness and greed that leads it to ignore its interdependence with the natural world.

And God would not guarantee a "happy ending", he warned.

Dr Williams has often spoken out about environmental issues.

'Ultimate tragedy'

Speaking on Wednesday he said just as God gave humans free will to do "immeasurable damage" to themselves as individuals it seemed "clear" they had the same "terrible freedom" as a human race.

"I think that to suggest that God might intervene to protect us from the corporate folly of our practices is as unchristian and unbiblical as to suggest that he protects us from the results of our individual folly or sin," he said.

"God's faithfulness stands, assuring us that even in the most appalling disaster love will not let us go - but it will not be a safety net that guarantees a happy ending in this world."

Without a change of heart, Dr Williams warned, the world faced a number of "doomsday scenarios" including the "ultimate tragedy" of humanity gradually "choked, drowned, or starved by its own stupidity."

The poorest and most vulnerable and our children and grandchildren would pay the heaviest price for climate change, he added.

*from BBC news*.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:09:47 AM by RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND »

RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND!

Re: God 'will not give happy ending'
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 05:09:14 AM »
Listen to me!
You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you.
He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you.
This is not the worst thing that can happen.

-Tyler Durden, 'Fight Club'.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNIOtcRIaNc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JNIOtcRIaNc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

alcoolholic

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:30:08 AM »
man climate change is a crock of shit, and the church is a bit late to jump on the band wagon.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:00:04 AM »
Here's the deal:

Climate change is definitely happening.  It's not just on Earth, but the entire galaxy is experiencing significant changes.  The reason things seem so shitty on Earth right now is because it's basically a reflection of society.  We're out of touch w/ nature, we're killing each other, lying, stealing, manipulating, spreading fear and hate, etc.  Ultimately what will happen is that society will continue to get beat down by mother nature until we straighten our shit out.  And a way to do that is to break society down to where everyone is relying upon everyone else for help.  Once that happens, the world will be a much more harmonious place.

And I'd argue that it's happening as we speak w/ all the big business going down, the end of the Bush regime, the markets, the turmoil, etc. 

God does not hate us.  He loves us.  He gives us free will.  Here in the 3rd dimension, we are to accomplish one thing.  And that is make the choice - to be positive (true love of self and everything else in the world) or negative (selfish, manipulative, hateful).  God gives us the option to be whichever one we want.  But if you want to ascend to 4d, you must be a positive person.  So basically everything we're doing on Earth right now is kind of like a test.  And if you wanna graduate to the next class, you better get right w/ yourself and start being positive.

RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 10:48:07 PM »

God gives us the option to be whichever one we want.  But if you want to ascend to 4d, you must be a positive person.  So basically everything we're doing on Earth right now is kind of like a test.  And if you wanna graduate to the next class, you better get right w/ yourself and start being positive.

I liked that...4th dimension supreme-being enlightened status!

If it is necessary to be positive inorder to evolve, then the negative is just as essential, how can you truly test your positivity if it has not been dragged through personal hell.

I think Tyler Durden was more reacting against the idea of God as a measure of status and the downplay of genuine personal experience. People are always waiting for something, instead of the Now.

I agree with the Dr, an asteroid could wipe out the Earth, black-holes and supernovas litter the universe, and the great karmic test of godhood will continue regardless of our existence...

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:03:36 AM »
Here's the deal:

Climate change is definitely happening.  It's not just on Earth, but the entire galaxy is experiencing significant changes.  The reason things seem so shitty on Earth right now is because it's basically a reflection of society.  We're out of touch w/ nature, we're killing each other, lying, stealing, manipulating, spreading fear and hate, etc.  Ultimately what will happen is that society will continue to get beat down by mother nature until we straighten our shit out.  And a way to do that is to break society down to where everyone is relying upon everyone else for help.  Once that happens, the world will be a much more harmonious place.

And I'd argue that it's happening as we speak w/ all the big business going down, the end of the Bush regime, the markets, the turmoil, etc. 

God does not hate us.  He loves us.  He gives us free will.  Here in the 3rd dimension, we are to accomplish one thing.  And that is make the choice - to be positive (true love of self and everything else in the world) or negative (selfish, manipulative, hateful).  God gives us the option to be whichever one we want.  But if you want to ascend to 4d, you must be a positive person.  So basically everything we're doing on Earth right now is kind of like a test.  And if you wanna graduate to the next class, you better get right w/ yourself and start being positive.

How is the galaxy feeling climate change? Also, people have been killing each other, lying, stealing, spreading fear and hate for ages. And what climate change is actually doing is beating mother nature as she is experiencing unusual circumstances through increase in stock emissions and failure in leakage sinks, but that being said, she is reacting back hastily. If god is giving us options to choose from, how free is our will?

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:09:39 AM »

God gives us the option to be whichever one we want.  But if you want to ascend to 4d, you must be a positive person.  So basically everything we're doing on Earth right now is kind of like a test.  And if you wanna graduate to the next class, you better get right w/ yourself and start being positive.

I liked that...4th dimension supreme-being enlightened status!

If it is necessary to be positive inorder to evolve, then the negative is just as essential, how can you truly test your positivity if it has not been dragged through personal hell.

I think Tyler Durden was more reacting against the idea of God as a measure of status and the downplay of genuine personal experience. People are always waiting for something, instead of the Now.

I agree with the Dr, an asteroid could wipe out the Earth, black-holes and supernovas litter the universe, and the great karmic test of godhood will continue regardless of our existence...

Evolution works on the basis of survival. So if by being positive, you mean you killing a rival in order to reproduce with a suitable mate, eat or just survive, then yes it is necessary to be positive in order to evolve because that is the basis of evolution. Stronger cave man killed weaker cave man, took food/took wife, made kids.

RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND!

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 02:17:09 AM »
Well...you see my child, the thing about literal expression is that words mean different things depending on their context. In this case I was not using the term 'evolve' in reference to Darwinian notions of suvival, but more in terms of spiritual progression, however I figured that the thread and the previous post had already established a rather obvious spiritual context for any resulting discussion to take place. How very wrong I must have been.   ;)

I think the type of positivity we were originally talking about is closer to the type of positivity Christ retianed toward God and humanity despite being flogged, tortured and nailed to a cross, rather than the 'jack them niggaz for their loot' or 'ug smash skull take other ug's cavebitch' type positivity.

Now condescending shit giving aside, within the context of brute survival you raised, sure, that analogy of positivity and negativity makes sense. Although, I was watching this doco and the anthopologists were saying that those old  relatives of ours actually may have not fought too heavily with each other because there was less of them, and instead they needed each other's help in bringing down the big animals, the real predators...only after they settled, mastered their environment and started to become attached to the land that the real heavy fighting began.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:33:57 AM by RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 06:23:42 AM »
Here's the deal:

How is the galaxy feeling climate change? Also, people have been killing each other, lying, stealing, spreading fear and hate for ages. And what climate change is actually doing is beating mother nature as she is experiencing unusual circumstances through increase in stock emissions and failure in leakage sinks, but that being said, she is reacting back hastily. If god is giving us options to choose from, how free is our will?

How is the galaxy changing?

SUN: The Sun’s magnetic field is over 230 percent stronger now than it was at the beginning of the 1900s, and its overall energetic activity has sizably increased, creating a frenzy of activity that continues to embarrass NASA’s official predictions.

VENUS: Venus is now glowing in the dark, as is Jupiter’s moon Io.

EARTH: In the last 30 years, Earth’s icecaps have thinned out by as much as 40 percent. Quite inexplicably, just since 1997 the structure of the Earth has shifted from being slightly more egg-shaped, or elongated at the poles, to more pumpkin-shaped, or flattened at the poles. No one at NASA has even bothered to try to explain this yet. Link to full article at NASA -http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/topstory/20020801gravityfield.html

MARS: The icecaps of Mars noticeably melted just within one year, causing 50-percent changes in surface features. Atmospheric density had risen by 200 percent above previous observations as of 1997.

JUPITER: Jupiter has become so highly energized that it is now surrounded by a visibly glowing donut tube of energy in the path of the moon Io. The size of Jupiter’s magnetic field has more than doubled since 1992.

SATURN: Saturn’s polar regions have been noticeably brightening, and its magnetic field strength increasing.

URANUS: According to NASA’s Voyager II space probe, Uranus and Neptune both appear to have had recent magnetic pole shifts – 60 degrees for Uranus and 50 for Neptune.

NEPTUNE: Neptune has become 40 percent brighter in infrared since 1996, and is fully 100-percent brighter in certain areas. Also, Neptune’s moon Triton has had a “very large percentage increase” in atmospheric pressure and temperature, comparable to a 22-degree Fahrenheit increase on Earth.

PLUTO: As of September 2002, Pluto has experienced a 300-percent increase in its atmospheric pressure in the last 14 years, while also becoming noticeably darker in color.

You are absolutely right that negativity has been going on forever.  It will continue forever.  Any negative circumstance that you face in life is meant to teach you.  Everybody on Earth has faced negativity - death of a family member, personal tragedy, etc.  We all face it, just in different manifestations.  The negativity will get more and more harsh until you, yourself, realizes that you are not right with yourself and need to change.  Some people need to experience more pain than others - that's because they still fail to see the correlation between who they are and what is going on around them. 

As far as the universe goes, there is super charged evolution going on as we speak.  It's actually a physical field of energy bringing about this change.  It will all come to a head in 2012, and as long as you are mostly a positive person, you will evolve in a very positiive way.  And I'm talking about an actual physical change to our DNA.  The universe / galaxy / space is all on the same consciousness field and everything that you and I do is reflected back to us.  As long as we are all lying and manipulating each other, attracting negative energy, we will have bad things such as tsunamis, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, etc.  It's Earth's attempt to purge itself of negativity.  The Earth is conscious just like you and I are.  If we abuse it, it will abuse us back.

alcoolholic

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 06:54:39 AM »
yeah but we cant control what the sun is doing, the sun does what it wants. the earth has existed for this long and so has civilisation that its all stable enough to continue for a while yet. i'm not a fan of all this armageddon mambo jumbo.

you'll see.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 07:53:43 AM »
holy bible is the answer.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 08:29:18 AM »

Word man we can't control the sun so I guess the best thing to do is throw up a middle finger to all of this propaganda and focus on the things which are good in this world and there is...a lot of beauty in life. I think Jrome's take mirrors my own, god provides us with free will and then it is down to the individual how he or she chooses to exercise that.

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 02:03:03 AM »
Which the title leads me to believe "What the fuck is the point in kissing God's ass then?"
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND!

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 02:33:33 AM »

Word man we can't control the sun so I guess the best thing to do is throw up a middle finger to all of this propaganda and focus on the things which are good in this world and there is...a lot of beauty in life. I think Jrome's take mirrors my own, god provides us with free will and then it is down to the individual how he or she chooses to exercise that.

Word. But regardless of the science or propaganda, I want more harmony between our human system of living and nature. So I for one am going to exercise my individual choice to use this political opportunity and appeal to people's commonly held beliefs inorder to shape the world in the direction as I see as good. 

Muahahahahhaha!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 12:23:53 PM »
I don't believe in god so I guess i'm fucked either way huh