Author Topic: so Jay-Z wrote 'Still Dre', but in return he only got Dre featured on "Watch me"  (Read 1166 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Maybe Jay already had the track completed and thought it would be cool to have Dre on the hook. On top of that possibly deadlines and other things could have had something to do with it. But if you look at when Dre worked with Nas after It Was Written they did a ton more work together then Jay did with him.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Maybe Jay already had the track completed and thought it would be cool to have Dre on the hook. On top of that possibly deadlines and other things could have had something to do with it. But if you look at when Dre worked with Nas after It Was Written they did a ton more work together then Jay did with him.
good point.

maybe i should sue Jay-Z & Dr.Dre for not making a track together, for The Life and Times of S. Carter ;D

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
good point.

maybe i should sue Jay-Z & Dr.Dre for not making a track together, for The Life and Times of S. Carter ;D

Yeah it never really made alot of sense to me. Other than The Watcher 2 the tracks they have done with Jay rapping over Dre beats sound thrown together (Kingdom Come)

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I agree with you. Jay's verses in exchange to Dre's fatigued hook was a bad bargain to Jay. The verses Jay wrote to Dre weren't the realest shit ever written but way better than what D.O.C.'s Oxycontin head can scribble. In my opinion Jay-Z should have taken this in to hood court back in the day but the fruit basket and Watcher Pt.2 sent 3 years later probably compensated the disparity to Jay.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Digital Pimpin'

What about Kurupt? All over 2001, and the track he gets for his album is also used by Dre and released on the same day. lol

Could be Jay had Dre beats around that time but decided not to use them. Could have happened, like it did for Black Album.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
What about Kurupt? All over 2001, and the track he gets for his album is also used by Dre and released on the same day. lol

Could be Jay had Dre beats around that time but decided not to use them. Could have happened, like it did for Black Album.
good point  :laugh:
but Kurupt did get "ask yourself a question" earlier on

I agree with you. Jay's verses in exchange to Dre's fatigued hook was a bad bargain to Jay. The verses Jay wrote to Dre weren't the realest shit ever written but way better than what D.O.C.'s Oxycontin head can scribble. In my opinion Jay-Z should have taken this in to hood court back in the day but the fruit basket and Watcher Pt.2 sent 3 years later probably compensated the disparity to Jay.
lol, so D.O.C. is not a good writer to you?

Okka

Here's the original "The Watcher 2", Snoop only added his verse to it though.

http://sharebee.com/b5fbab70

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well... Jay's better that's what I'm saying.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Well... Jay's better that's what I'm saying.
ah ok ;)

GangstaBoogy

Yeah that was hella fucked up. Unfortunately, I believe that was still the last time we heard Kurupt on a Dre beat.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you have to be retarded to sit there and analyze shit like this. jay z wrote a song for dre and dre appeared on jay z's song. WOW
LOL!

J Bananas

This was a good track on a good album. Nuff said.