Author Topic: Jadakiss-The Last Kiss-2009 (DISCUSSION thread)  (Read 998 times)

Re: Jadakiss-The Last Kiss-2009 (DISCUSSION thread)
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
No way I'm downloading this after I heard I heard the single with Ne-Yo

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »
The Last Kiss? What the fuck  >:(? If I were a 15-year-old gun toting wigger, I wouldn't pick this album because of the lame name it has. I call this an epic failure of trying to give your rap album cool name.

What's so lame about it?
If I was in the store and liked the album, I'd buy it.
Hmmm. Okay, lets pretend that you were the 15 summers old gun toter. You go to a music store. You notice "Oh shit cuz, its teh new Jayda album cuz!1§" and it was titled as "Last Bullet To Your Fucking Brain Nigga" . Wouldn't you pick that one over "Last Kiss". Lets say you haven't had a chance to pre-listen neither one of the albums so you would have to make your decision right  there in the store? Which album would you pick and please be honest.

Put it this way, if I were 15, and was given a choice between the Jadakiss, The Woss Ness & DJ Squeeky albums, I'd pick Jadakiss based on the album cover alone. Just being honest. High quality album covers help sell records too, regardless of the title. The 2 album covers you have in your sig are low budget as hell and wouldn't stand out on store shelves like that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jome

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 11:07:05 AM »
Extremely generic album.. misplaced features, no identity or plan, no nothing..  :grumpy:

Styles P. catalog >> Sheek catalog >> Jadakiss catalog

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 12:57:59 PM »
The Last Kiss? What the fuck  >:(? If I were a 15-year-old gun toting wigger, I wouldn't pick this album because of the lame name it has. I call this an epic failure of trying to give your rap album cool name.

What's so lame about it?
Hmmm. Okay, lets pretend that you were the 15 summers old gun toter. You go to a music store. You notice "Oh shit cuz, its teh new Jayda album cuz!1§" and it was titled as "Last Bullet To Your Fucking Brain Nigga" . Wouldn't you pick that one over "Last Kiss". Lets say you haven't had a chance to pre-listen neither one of the albums so you would have to make your decision right  there in the store? Which album would you pick and please be honest.

Put it this way, if I were 15, and was given a choice between the Jadakiss, The Woss Ness & DJ Squeeky albums, I'd pick Jadakiss based on the album cover alone. Just being honest. High quality album covers help sell records too, regardless of the title. The 2 album covers you have in your sig are low budget as hell and wouldn't stand out on store shelves like that.

You are right. A 15-year-old would be more likely to buy Jada's album since it has more appealing cover from today's point of view. Who ever did WossNess and DJ Squeeky's album covers didn't probably have the same version of Photoshop with same fancy tricks back in 1997 which graphic artist do have now so I don't consider this comparison quite wise.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 03:41:30 PM »
they most definitely did... its just those guys werent talented at all. like pen and pixel

not a knock against the music, just the budget/label

wardy

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »
This is his worst solo album imo, im a fan of jada but i aint gone lie i don't feel half of the album

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »

What's so lame about it?

I never in my life judged a CD off the title.  I judged only by the artist.  When I was 15 and I saw a CD by an artist I liked, I would get it no matter what title.  And seeing how it's obvious that it has to do with his name jadaKISS, I like it.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »
Im surprised by all the coments, its an amazing release to me, dope beat selections and Jada ripped it

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 11:32:22 AM »
What a horrible album. No vibe, no flow, no real concept to it, just a bunch of tracks thrown together. Jada is now officially a terrible songwriter, he's just another rapper/guest apperance artist.

Couple of thoughts:

- tracks I like are Pain And Torture, Can't Stop Me, What If, Things I've Been Through, Smoking Gun, Cartel Gathering, By My Side, Letter To BIG
- it's sad to see him trying so desperate to get some South fans by putting wack ass rapper like Jeezy, Wayne, Blood Raw...
- too many songs for chicks, By My Side is the only enjoyable one
- funny that Jada and Nas did a song What If (check Get Rich OST)
- Swizz Beatz confirmed that he is one of the wackest mainstream producers who makes a decent beat once every 2 years
- Mr.Porter did a great job, so did Red Spyda and Needlz
- why does every rapper except The Clipse turn a Neptunes beat into a chick track ?
- the fuck Jada ?   :'(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:34:14 AM by Meho »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 12:36:24 PM »
Yeah, this was trash. 

He has so much potential but this is shit.

The beats don't match the vocals and they were overproduced

There's no passion.

Cliche content delivered in a cliche approach

Too many features

Such a disappointment.  He needs to go through a boot camp for artists and hook up with one producer who can guide him kind of like what Aftermath attempts to do.   

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »
- why does every rapper except The Clipse turn a Neptunes beat into a chick track ?
I was just thinking today that we really need a good Clipse album or even mixtape soon.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
I was just thinking today that we really need a good Clipse album or even mixtape soon.

cos Pharells a bitch and they're tryna impress him 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 05:58:52 AM »
yep Jadakiss failed for the 3rd time  :whistle:
not to mention that this one is probably the worst of the three.

off course i was prepared for trash, but i was hoping for a certain amount of tracks that would pass the test you know.

Jaydc555

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 06:14:07 AM »
Maybe its just me but I find sheeks solo catalogue to be the best of the three.he doesn't get the love the other two get and skill wise he isn't up there with them though he is underrated but his solo albums are banging.I still bump after taxes all the time.where as the styles and jada albums I almost never listen to.jada is an incredible emcee no doubt but he doesn't know how to make an album.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »
Damn I was excited for this but I dont think I'm going to even download it now

DIP DIP SET SET