Author Topic: Best FREE Anti Virus???  (Read 234 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Best FREE Anti Virus???
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 02:19:51 AM »
its Avira. AVG 8 is horrible. Don't believe me do some googling on it. Avira is easily the best free AV...

cnet rated avg pretty high

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 07:39:16 AM »

Matty

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 07:54:23 AM »
avg 8 is pure bloatware loads of silly processes you dont want or need with an AV. you can tweak and turn them off but its hassle and i really resent overly bloated programs that do way more than you need them to.

avg 7.5 is very lightweight but support is ending in literally a few days now. there's a site somewhere that does independant testing on AV apps and avira is one of the very very best. AVG is pretty average on pickup rates and false positives. i can say for sure that since i switched from AVG to Avira my comp feels much safer and it picked up some shit than AVG never did during its scans.

Money

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 09:37:08 AM »
i know it doesn't count, but i get norton internet security for free since my moms works for them  8)

I rather pay for AVG than get Nortons for free.

i used to hate norton cuz it would lag the shit out of my computer back in the day. now i think it's great. i never get around to scanning my computer but when it gets idle it will perform a system scan in the background. there are it's downfalls just like any other antivirus program. especially the false positive problem.
i use avg, avast nav09 and avira

i like nav09 on my techpc at work. it works great, and deosnt slow the machine down. i replaced avg 8 with nav because we kept getting infected.

i use avast on my other work machine that i do paperwork and post here on. it is light weight and quiet. i really like it alot, so much that i installed it on my macbook.

i use avira on my other pcs at work, its light weight but the free version will pop up every day with an ad for the paid version. it isnt too annoying but it is a bit obtrusive

ive got avg on my tower at home. i want to replace it with nod32 but i havent gotten aound to it.

nod32>>>all

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 12:20:38 PM »
I use Kaspersky and I've never had a problem since I've had it.  It's not free but you just have to look for a key, which isn't too difficult. 

'EclipZe

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 01:57:50 PM »
norman is pretty good.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 02:13:39 PM »
I just had a fun 2 days transferring all my stuff to my other computer then reformatting this one. Just had to fuck with my network settings too cause reformatting fucked something up so my other computer couldn't go online. All thanks to that retarded april fools virus or whatever.

Al Bundy

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 02:23:18 PM »
I just had a fun 2 days transferring all my stuff to my other computer then reformatting this one. Just had to fuck with my network settings too cause reformatting fucked something up so my other computer couldn't go online. All thanks to that retarded april fools virus or whatever.

let me guess.. no antivirus program? you set yourself up for failure with that one

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 02:26:14 PM »
Not the first time