Author Topic: I don't think that there is free will....  (Read 462 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: I don't think that there is free will....
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 08:18:59 AM »
how about coming to dubcnn.com.  Isn't that a freewill?

No, coming to dubcnn.com is like crack.

RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND!

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:43:25 AM »
how about coming to dubcnn.com.  Isn't that a freewill?

No, coming to dubcnn.com is like crack.

yeh and right now I think I am THE resident crack addict...

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 11:52:18 PM »
fa sho!

Eleven2Three

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 05:46:30 AM »
"Isn't that what free will is? The ability of one to choose behaviour and thought within the circumstances one finds themself in?"

Nope, that says nothing about the actual freedom of the will. As Wiki says:
"The question of free will is whether, and in what sense, rational agents exercise control over their actions and decisions. Addressing this question requires understanding the relationship between freedom and cause, and determining whether the laws of nature are causally deterministic."
You cannot have a free will if everything is already determined, even though that does not mean there are no choices to be made.
The determination occurs at a different level; the decisions you make are predetermined without your knowing it.
You're still making decisions, only they are not as free as they seem.

"IMO, we have choices, those choices impact the world around us and effect the karmic chaos/order."
Yes, yes, and yes.
Now let us bring it back to square one: are those choices part of the "karmic chaos" which is already there, and are they thus always influenced by the course of things, or is there some sort of thing beyond the material existence where the will co-exists?

Some of those choices are but they are barely choices, the more important choices are not a result of karma but effect one's own karma or participation in karma, yes our choices are influenced by the course of things, and yes there is a state where will co-exists.

It seems you are opting for both options there. That's typical.