Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Officially Released from Aftermath (Update: fake)  (Read 3061 times)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I'm assuming 3 things:

1 He still cool with Dre. This was likely Iovine's doing, not Dre

2. Dre will still work on his album.

Lol this won't happen

Why not? Ir doesn't sound like anything bad with him and Dre unless they found Friday night. Lol

Dre let BUsta use the beat he was doing for I'm bless. WHy not Bishop?

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/04/04/21323578.aspx

By Remmie Fresh
Bishop Lamont has been released or dropped from Aftermath Records, the label founded by Dr. Dre.

At press time, the reason for the severance was unknown, but the separation occurred Thursday or Friday, according to sources.

While there is significant speculation, insiders said that Lamont did not see the move coming.

There as been no statement or official response from Lamont, Dr. Dre or Aftermath.

Bishop Lamont, real name Phillip Martin, signed to Dre's Aftermath Records in 2005 after meeting the iconic producer in the set of a video shoot. Lamont had been one of Dr. Dre's most ardent supporters and often served as the reclusive producer's mouthpiece.

Lamont does not presently have a recording home, but rumors have already begun to circulate that he has been courted by 50 Cent and his G-Unit Records. There has been nothing to substantiate those rumors at press time.
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

DPG4EVA

Bishop = no talent

Okka

Dre shouldf've signed Ya Boy.

No he should not, Dre should not sign anybody untill Em/50/Dre albums come out, after those he can focus on a new artist.

MisterX

• 'G'
My friend was with Bishop a few weeks ago and he said Bishop was going thru it with Dre and was ready to leave Aftermath, I was surprised when I heard that cuz I see a lot of potential in Bishop, he's one of my favorite rappers. So either he left or he was dropped.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
My friend was with Bishop a few weeks ago and he said Bishop was going thru it with Dre and was ready to leave Aftermath, I was surprised when I heard that cuz I see a lot of potential in Bishop, he's one of my favorite rappers. So either he left or he was dropped.

LOL  @ Bishop wanting to leave Aftermath, not like anyone lined up to sign this wack nigga

so where that Game diss at now Bishop?

GangstaBoogy

Dre shouldf've signed Ya Boy.

I still don't understand why Ya Boy wants to sign to Dre so bad. Does he not see shit like this keeps happening?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
As a fan I'm a bit bitter and never understand why he got so much hate.  The Game is only a better vocalist. 

I still don't get the hate.  With all the antics Game pulls, Bishop's are a brush off the shoulder.  It's disappointing but I hope him the best and I'm a peep whatever he drops.  He's got a lot of talent and untapped potential.  He needs to work on the vocals a little bit, stop sounding so lazy, but aside from that he's a beast on the mic.  Very creative, fresh, and original for a west coast artist.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
"but rumors have already begun to circulate that he has been courted by 50 Cent and his G-Unit Records."

bishop on g-unit lollll
he'll get da beef wit game he wanted tho

NEW WEST 2012

• 'G'
bishop will get a deal, i sure of it, he git fans

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
To be honest this is the best news i've heard in a longgggg time, i'm a big fan of bishop and want him to succeed but let's be honest The Reformation was never gonna drop in the next two years, with 2 eminem albums, 2 50 albums and then Dres joke of an album, Detox supposedly meant to be getting released every year but unsurprisingly pushed back he had no chance of dropping...im just hoping that he doesnt get fucked over and loses 75% of the album because of aftermaths imput through Dre/Focus etc, hopefully hes smart about who he signs with, G-Unit is slowly dying and im praying bishop doesnt go that route, but i hope he doesnt end up like a Crooked or even Stat Quo, dude needs to sort this shit out quickly, i wonder how this effects his involvment with Detox tho, cos isnt he meant to be Dre's 'snoop' of the album ???

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
NO BS, BIshop has dope skilles and is a btter MC, mind you I said MC, tah Game when he's ding generic songs.

Anyway, before this turns into 3 page thread about Game vs Bishop (as Long Beach would like. He puzzles me He don't like Dre but he cares of this news) i thik it's more to the story and we'll hear it. Either way Bishop can getanother major deal. If he goes to G-Unit Spider Loc will surely leave G-Unit. Not a good looke for him to drop before Spider, but Bishop is more marketable than Spider, IMO so 50 would have to drop Bishop first. IMO. Spider is dope tho. Who knows

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
I say go independant and release a full produced Khalil album.

LMAO @ you thinking Khalil wold waste his time with this nigga now that got nothing to do with Dre now

sofdark

atleast Bishop will release stuff on G-Unit.
I'm happy as long as hes cool with Dre

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This just makes that Game diss so much more hilarious now
LOL,word. dude is mad overrated. just cause dude was from the west and dre had a temporary stamp dudes wanted to crown him. put bias aside and realize he simply wasnt THAT nice