Author Topic: Warren Needs a Catchy Radio Track  (Read 637 times)

love33

Warren Needs a Catchy Radio Track
« on: April 04, 2009, 11:13:51 PM »
If Warren is going to be successful and move units like he did with his first three releases (2 multiplatinums and 1 gold), then he is going to need to catch the mainstream fan base which he tried and failed at on his first two albums.

I think he should do a "Crush Remix" and have Warren on there with Fat Joe, The Dream, The Game, and Diddy.  I think this would be perfect because Fat Joe is perfect on a pimp track and then Game drops that heat while Dream could have a brand new killer hook and Diddy adds the VIP flavor to the track.

I hope someone from Warren's camp reads it and takes up the idea.  It would be huge on XM Radio and get him a good quality single in rotation.  When The Game remixed "Game's Pain" that made for a good supplement track when he put all those artists on there and Keisha and got him more airplay.

I would like to see Warren's next effort go at least gold.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Re: Warren Needs a Catchy Radio Track
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 11:24:21 PM »
Who gives a fuck about the sales if that means having crap like Diddy & Fat Joe on there....c'mon now.  :-\

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »
He needs some auto tune, maybe a few "A!!!!!"'s here and there, maybe some talk about spending money on a down ass bitch. I'm a hit producer diamond in the rough.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »
If Warren is going to be successful and move units like he did with his first three releases (2 multiplatinums and 1 gold), then he is going to need to catch the mainstream fan base which he tried and failed at on his first two albums.

I think he should do a "Crush Remix" and have Warren on there with Fat Joe, The Dream, The Game, and Diddy.  I think this would be perfect because Fat Joe is perfect on a pimp track and then Game drops that heat while Dream could have a brand new killer hook and Diddy adds the VIP flavor to the track.

I hope someone from Warren's camp reads it and takes up the idea.  It would be huge on XM Radio and get him a good quality single in rotation.  When The Game remixed "Game's Pain" that made for a good supplement track when he put all those artists on there and Keisha and got him more airplay.

I would like to see Warren's next effort go at least gold.
 Homeboy, you're not an A&R. If you want club music, go listen to club music. Warren G is a unique artist. I don't see how having someone like that make shit that sounds like everyone else is going to be productive to his career. Warren G fans wants Warren G music. He's not going to appeal to a new fan base by doing poor imitations of Lil Wayne records because Lil Wayne fans or Diddy fans already have that. The market is over-saturated with that crap! Warren G sold three million copies of his first album so I don't see why he needs Fat Joe for a "mainstream fan base". I understand that people in Miami seem to think that their club scene is the measuring stick for what is popular in the mainstream but contrary to what you seem to think, neither Fat Joe or Game went multi-platinum on their last album. If your only concern is how many albums Warren sells, may he should try doing a profanity-free album with guest spots from Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers. Perhaps, he'll get a Kids Choice Award.    

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 11:30:57 PM »
Who gives a fuck about the sales if that means having crap like Diddy & Fat Joe on there....c'mon now.  :-\

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 11:33:56 PM »
Warren G has no hope of ever even being within reach of 500K in sales.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 11:36:36 PM »
Oooh ooh ooh here's a better idea! Maybe...just maybe, we should stop hyping up these washed up 40 year olds and start showing more support to G.Malone, Jay Rock, Nipsy Hustle, Problem, and the rest of the new guys that weren't rapping when we were fresh out of pampers. Just a thought.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 11:39:20 PM »
why the fuck should
a vet,
a og,
a legend

have to go the lil wayne route, the tpain or akon route to get heard when he was one of the most heard artists in the game period?
if he did it once, he might be able to do it again. but with albums like in the midnight hour and what hes been releasin lately as muzik, that aint gon do it.
people get it twisted thinkin fans want him to change his style.  nah hes changin his style by recordin wit ray j.  
RETURN OF THE REGULATOR IS A CLASSIC ALBUM THAT WAS BACKED BY A MAJOR.
aite times are different, but if warren got what he once had, then he can make another classic or near that jus as he has done many times before
he might not sell big but is havin a single wit a wack rapper or a rapper/singer wit somewhat talent goin to help him move that much more?
and how or why would he do such a thing when he came into the game on some g-funk muzik?
ray j is in love, not in funk.

tell em ironmike
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 11:41:19 PM »
but the 40 yr olds made the classics we grew up with, so if they're able to make more classics, then i wanna hear that music.
its like tellin the old folks to stop listenin to marvin gaye. it aint goin to happen. that music willl never be old in their ears, and that is the music they like to hear coz they grew up with listening to it. so the same is for us, when it comes to the og's
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:44:15 PM by ironmike »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:43:49 PM »
but the 40 yr olds made the classics we grew up with, so if they're able to make more classics, then i wanna hear that music.
But there not able. The only person left that is able to is Dre. And he needs ghost writers writing his lyrics and producers making his beats in order for that to happen.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 11:45:44 PM »
damn some of the realest shit said str8 up
good lookin iron mike, i knew you would come thru

its like tellin the old folks to stop listenin to marvin gaye. it aint goin to happen. that music willl never be old in their ears, and that is the music they like to hear coz they grew up with listening to it. so the same is for us, when it comes to the og's
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 11:50:20 PM »

But there not able. The only person left that is able to is Dre. And he needs ghost writers writing his lyrics and producers making his beats in order for that to happen.
warren is definately able to make more classic gfunk music if he wants to. its just a matter if he wants to take his music in a different direction or not. the fans love warren gs music from the 90's. thats the sound that we want warren to stick with. if he keeps tryin to change up his style, and will not keep the authentic gfunk sound, then he will lose most of his original fans, who make up most of the people that are still buyin his records.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 11:54:01 PM »
yeah i mean i dont like all of his muzik that he has dropped but he has bangers that i like
and the traxx that i dont like of his, his other fans like
i mean whether its his classic traxx like regulate, which is still amazin to this day or a less known song like
"speed dreamin" wit the george clinton on the hook, i mean thats some insane classic shit right there
and kills anything done by wayne, akon, ray

and at the same time of him droppin his album he brought the dopeness outta cpo boss hogg
damn what a album that is
Cube

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 12:12:08 AM »

Exactly.

And ironmike, the difference is, old folks are listening to old Marvin Gaye songs. It'd be different if they were completely ignoring all new artist / music because they couldn't let go of Marvin. Warren G had 1 hit and that was in 94.

"Muthafucka move on" - Joell Ortiz
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 12:19:40 AM »
^^
dude, thats your opinion, not mine. i'll listen to what i want to listen to.
i aint feelin the new shyt, so if the og's cant give me the music i want, then i'm more or less through with rap.