Author Topic: Warren Needs a Catchy Radio Track  (Read 640 times)

love33

Re: Warren Needs a Catchy Radio Track
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 12:52:55 AM »
why the fuck should
a vet,
a og,
a legend

have to go the lil wayne route, the tpain or akon route to get heard when he was one of the most heard artists in the game period?
if he did it once, he might be able to do it again. but with albums like in the midnight hour and what hes been releasin lately as muzik, that aint gon do it.
people get it twisted thinkin fans want him to change his style.  nah hes changin his style by recordin wit ray j.  
RETURN OF THE REGULATOR IS A CLASSIC ALBUM THAT WAS BACKED BY A MAJOR.
aite times are different, but if warren got what he once had, then he can make another classic or near that jus as he has done many times before
he might not sell big but is havin a single wit a wack rapper or a rapper/singer wit somewhat talent goin to help him move that much more?
and how or why would he do such a thing when he came into the game on some g-funk muzik?
ray j is in love, not in funk.

tell em ironmike

Most of Warren's singles that have been released to the net have been a complete flop (no offense, I'm a big fan, just bein real).  "She Got Her Own Ringtone," "Mr. Disc Jockey," "Mr. President," and all these tracks have not got him any looks.  The only track that raised an eyebrow was "Crush" but that wasn't enough.  And "Crush" was a smart move to put Ray J on there since Ray J is all over television and he's also West Coast.

But you want to criticize Warren and categorize him for working with the wrong artists but wait wasn't it The Game who worked with P. Diddy's crew New Edition on the "Hot 2 Nite Remix."  Wasn't it Warren who worked with Jermaine Dupri on "Havin Thangs"?  It's called selling records and giving the masses what they want to hear.

The "Crush Remix" makes perfect sense since he's already gotten some minor airplay out West with it and it was his best track out of all his new ones.  What's Warren supposed to do keep making these internet tracks that fewer than 2000 people download and then they call them subpar or wack and end up getting deleted?? Or is he supposed to drop some real records that appeal to the masses that he can get his name back out there and work with the top club artists and move some real units and get people saying his name again?? Sell around 500k with a club single like a "Crush Remix" and be all over XM Radio and hip hop sites and sell some ringtones or appeal to a few people on dubcnn who don't want him to make any real money anymore and pretend he's still making tracks for the kids who think it's 1994?  Wasn't it The Game who pushed "The Doctor's Advocate" to platinum status because of his single with Kanye West?  Think about it.

Jaydc555

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 03:26:09 AM »
I wouldn't even bother argueing with ironmike he's one of those people that can't change and are stuck in their ways.that's why he loves daz.every daz album is so generic and boring.everyone in dpg is generic and boring.they haven't been hot in over 10 years.they recycle the same old bullshit.that's what ironmike likes.same old boring crap.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 03:40:51 AM »
He should start wearing black mesh t-shirts. A Mohawk haircut seems to be in now. A Brazilian bikini wax in the same bundle. It's all about the image. If that doesn't generate sales then yer were damned from the beginning.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Elano

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 03:55:38 AM »
If Warren is going to be successful and move units like he did with his first three releases (2 multiplatinums and 1 gold),

with this new album ? are you serious ?  :laugh:

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
nah warren made a album RETURN OF THE REGULATOR which is bangin, his chosen single was "lookin at you" and they even made a video for it. 
now aite it was dre's work, but it aint like warren aint got it in him to make a single by himself
and what game did by recordin wit new edition wasnt right but at least that wasnt on his album
whereas warren is tryna put ray j on his album, thats the difference

noone is stuck in 1994 but the fans that grew up on a rapper that came out durin that era are suggestin that those same rappers make the muzik their known for makin not this new shit jus cuz ray j is hot right now or tpain is hot right now. 
if he wants to record wit ray or whoever jus cuz they hot right now and to try and get their audience rather than make muzik for his audience that he built many years ago, go head. like to see how it turns out
but he or others cant deny that the album is wack when he got them features or them wack songs

why the fuck should
a vet,
a og,
a legend

have to go the lil wayne route, the tpain or akon route to get heard when he was one of the most heard artists in the game period?
if he did it once, he might be able to do it again. but with albums like in the midnight hour and what hes been releasin lately as muzik, that aint gon do it.
people get it twisted thinkin fans want him to change his style.  nah hes changin his style by recordin wit ray j.  
RETURN OF THE REGULATOR IS A CLASSIC ALBUM THAT WAS BACKED BY A MAJOR.
aite times are different, but if warren got what he once had, then he can make another classic or near that jus as he has done many times before
he might not sell big but is havin a single wit a wack rapper or a rapper/singer wit somewhat talent goin to help him move that much more?
and how or why would he do such a thing when he came into the game on some g-funk muzik?
ray j is in love, not in funk.

tell em ironmike

Most of Warren's singles that have been released to the net have been a complete flop (no offense, I'm a big fan, just bein real).  "She Got Her Own Ringtone," "Mr. Disc Jockey," "Mr. President," and all these tracks have not got him any looks.  The only track that raised an eyebrow was "Crush" but that wasn't enough.  And "Crush" was a smart move to put Ray J on there since Ray J is all over television and he's also West Coast.

But you want to criticize Warren and categorize him for working with the wrong artists but wait wasn't it The Game who worked with P. Diddy's crew New Edition on the "Hot 2 Nite Remix."  Wasn't it Warren who worked with Jermaine Dupri on "Havin Thangs"?  It's called selling records and giving the masses what they want to hear.

The "Crush Remix" makes perfect sense since he's already gotten some minor airplay out West with it and it was his best track out of all his new ones.  What's Warren supposed to do keep making these internet tracks that fewer than 2000 people download and then they call them subpar or wack and end up getting deleted?? Or is he supposed to drop some real records that appeal to the masses that he can get his name back out there and work with the top club artists and move some real units and get people saying his name again?? Sell around 500k with a club single like a "Crush Remix" and be all over XM Radio and hip hop sites and sell some ringtones or appeal to a few people on dubcnn who don't want him to make any real money anymore and pretend he's still making tracks for the kids who think it's 1994?  Wasn't it The Game who pushed "The Doctor's Advocate" to platinum status because of his single with Kanye West?  Think about it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:43:49 AM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

G-Funk

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »
I think Warren's aware his chances of goin' gold or platinum are numbered. ::) Let's at least focus on the music rather than who he needs on his record to sell-out. :P

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 12:02:00 PM »
^^
exactly. just keep true to the westcoast sound, and keep the featurings all westcoast, and dont dont try to do any sellout nonsense, and then warren'll sell good independant numbers. stay true to your own sound which is westcoast, people will respect you for that, and when you make a quality album of that rap genre, people will definately buy the album. i think warren has the ability to do up to 300k total sales on indy, if the album is made the right way. he'll do 100k total sales for sure tho.

anyways, i heard a couple new joints that warren was playin in the studio streaming live on ustream, and they sounded dope. despite the horrible "crush single" , and the ok "mr dj single" , i'm still lookin forward to the album. hearin those 2 new dope tracks warren played in the studio has re-inforced that.

love33

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »
and what game did by recordin wit new edition wasnt right but at least that wasnt on his album

But Game put Ne-Yo and Jamie Foxx on his albums and one of the Ne-Yo tracks was a radio single.  The Kanye single "Wouldn't Get Far" pushed his second album to platinum status.  But I guess it's okay for The Game to work with whoever he wants but Warren G can't??? That's don't make no sense to me seems hypocritical.

^^
exactly. just keep true to the westcoast sound, and keep the featurings all westcoast, and dont dont try to do any sellout nonsense, and then warren'll sell good independant numbers. stay true to your own sound which is westcoast, people will respect you for that, and when you make a quality album of that rap genre, people will definately buy the album. i think warren has the ability to do up to 300k total sales on indy, if the album is made the right way. he'll do 100k total sales for sure tho.

But that won't sell any records.  Why would he want to be some basement artist or some crooked i message board artist who doesn't make any money just to stay true to a couple fans from the internet?  If he puts together a single like what Game did with "Game's Pain" or look at how E-40 revitalized his career when he did that "Wake It Up" track and he was allover the clubs with Akon everyone loves that jam.  What about when 40 did "You And Dat Pussy" with t-pain.  That shit was poppin off and had his face back on tv, in the mainstream, selling ringtones, on the radio both xm and mainstream, hosting specials on mtv.  Warren G used to have that crowd back in the day when he was on Def Jam too!

That's what Warren needs to do!  Why not push a nice single with Game, The Dream, and Diddy and call it the "Crush Remix" kind of like what Game did when he did that "Game's Pain Remix" to get more looks??  Then he can follow it with another single.  But I'm telling you this internet rapping for kids in the 90's isn't going to put any food on the table and isn't worth the electric bill at the studio to make those tracks.  Real talk.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 01:50:06 PM »
game is a different rapper than warren and warren is a much better rapper than game will ever be, thats if warren wanted to keep it real and not do this industry shit hes tryna gain fans wit
nah i wasnt feelin that kanye, or neyo but game had to do that to gain those fans cuz those fans want that typa shit.
and e-40, what he did was good for him but again you cant compare 40, warren and game in this case
especially when warren made his name off of what he calls "g-funk"

But Game put Ne-Yo and Jamie Foxx on his albums and one of the Ne-Yo tracks was a radio single.  The Kanye single "Wouldn't Get Far" pushed his second album to platinum status.  But I guess it's okay for The Game to work with whoever he wants but Warren G can't??? That's don't make no sense to me seems hypocritical.

^^

But that won't sell any records.  Why would he want to be some basement artist or some crooked i message board artist who doesn't make any money just to stay true to a couple fans from the internet?  If he puts together a single like what Game did with "Game's Pain" or look at how E-40 revitalized his career when he did that "Wake It Up" track and he was allover the clubs with Akon everyone loves that jam.  What about when 40 did "You And Dat Pussy" with t-pain.  That shit was poppin off and had his face back on tv, in the mainstream, selling ringtones, on the radio both xm and mainstream, hosting specials on mtv.  Warren G used to have that crowd back in the day when he was on Def Jam too!

That's what Warren needs to do!  Why not push a nice single with Game, The Dream, and Diddy and call it the "Crush Remix" kind of like what Game did when he did that "Game's Pain Remix" to get more looks??  Then he can follow it with another single.  But I'm telling you this internet rapping for kids in the 90's isn't going to put any food on the table and isn't worth the electric bill at the studio to make those tracks.  Real talk.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »
I guess my only issue is just because you throw "big name rappers" all on 1 track does not always make it a hit record. So all these this rapper needs ______ insert name here comes off very cookie cutter and forced.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 02:30:05 PM »
How old are you guys? I mean the guy is trying to fit today's music and bring a soul funk to it, its 2009 like it or not G-Funk is dead, there is no way this sound is coming back.. there is something called evolution you guys should try that. About Marvin Gaye, his music is timeless, we still listen to it because thats some stuff thats great music

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 02:40:25 PM »
How old are you guys? I mean the guy is trying to fit today's music and bring a soul funk to it, its 2009 like it or not G-Funk is dead, there is no way this sound is coming back.. there is something called evolution you guys should try that. About Marvin Gaye, his music is timeless, we still listen to it because thats some stuff thats great music

co sign

Jimmy H.

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »
He should start wearing black mesh t-shirts. A Mohawk haircut seems to be in now. A Brazilian bikini wax in the same bundle. It's all about the image. If that doesn't generate sales then yer were damned from the beginning.
+1

Excellent points! Also, he should try coming up with his own dance. Perhaps his song could tell kids to "shake" something. We know the ladies love nicknames for their boobs and ass. Maybe he could start some kind of West Coast super group with Jayo Felony, Yukmouth, and Crooked I where they do some sort of New-Age Doo-Wop concept. The kids will love it and the West Coast will be mainstream again.

G-Funk

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 05:38:02 PM »
But that won't sell any records.

As I said in my previous post, I don't think Warren's lookin for a huge selling single; Just makin' music & makin decent numbers.

^^

anyways, i heard a couple new joints that warren was playin in the studio streaming live on ustream, and they sounded dope. despite the horrible "crush single" , and the ok "mr dj single" , i'm still lookin forward to the album. hearin those 2 new dope tracks warren played in the studio has re-inforced that.

thanks for agreein.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »

G-Funk is timeless too. I still bump my 90s albums, along with newer stuff. How is hip hop supposed to be recognized as a major genre if we don't treasure our classics? There are already enough new rappers doing autotunes and the features and stuff, so I appreciate the older rappers giving us their own style.