Author Topic: EMINEM-WE MADE YOU *VIDEO*  (Read 2928 times)

MediumL

Re: EMINEM-WE MADE YOU *VIDEO*
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 05:32:21 AM »
Typical Em video. Had a few laughs but it's getting really corny. Other than the annoying accent I didn't expect anything different from his first single, I just hope the album tracks are more quality. At least Dre came correct on the beat again.

pretty much summed it up for me but the first single is always made for little kids. Back in the day his videos used to be jokes but when u watch them now theyre kinda corny cause uve matured. Anyways the beats hot and em actually raps well bar the annoying accent... Can see this being top10/number one hit
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Matty

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 05:35:50 AM »
hey meho i don't hear how dre came correct on the beat? sounds more like a corny eminem produced cut. at the very best it sounds like a throwaway dre loop he might have made several years ago. they should have tried a bit harder to make this a good funky track as well as funny. dre failed.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 05:42:13 AM »
I like the beat. It's simplistic yet got that bounce to it. When Dre made this he definetly had Em in mind.

Like compare it to Hey Playa, which has a dope sample and drums but is way too crowded. Sometimes the most simple beats are more effective.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 05:44:43 AM »
great video. eminem uses the same formula again and it worked out great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 05:47:30 AM »
Yeah the video is funny ;D ;D, and the song is decent at best. I hope there wont be more songs on Relapse with that accent, its annoying.
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 05:59:52 AM »
you know what's funny?
i was checking some old topic yesterday and found this quote:

Eminem is more wack for making a career dissing pop artists like Aguilera who actually has more talent than Em, and releasing those songs as first singles to get his 10 million sales than Snoop doing a song with Justin which was a 3rd single and really didin't blow up in the US anyway ot was more of a worldwide hit

i thought that HEC was overreacting.
but when seeing this new video today, the quote came to mind (by coincidence it became relevant, crazy isn't it)

you see, i now partly agree with HEC.
when Eminem was at his best, he had mainstream appealing singles, but he came correct and the videos were funny.
back then he was able to not look liky a hypocrite as he had the talent.

with Encore and this, however he shoots himself in the foot as he's just "one of them"( even though he denies that in his book).
not to mention that he didn't come correct so that's another failure.

the song and the video are so forced, it's unbelievable.
the old stuff (songs + videos) are still better, but you will never get that magic back Eminem.
so why even bother?

my prediction is that the single will do quite well for today's standards, but will fail in a way that it won't come even close to past achievements ( just like 50 had with the Curtis album)

hey meho i don't hear how dre came correct on the beat? sounds more like a corny eminem produced cut. at the very best it sounds like a throwaway dre loop he might have made several years ago. they should have tried a bit harder to make this a good funky track as well as funny. dre failed.

i agree with you, although i have my own arguments for not liking the beat.
Crack a bottle was a much better one

'EclipZe

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 08:39:29 AM »
I like it that he uses his old style of video making again lol, but the song isn't replay value worthy.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 08:48:52 AM »
Same ole bullshit, Same ole em, yet people will hype it and it'll be a hit, at least Dre dropped a hot beat

alcoolholic

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 08:51:06 AM »
after seein the vid the song grew on me.. catchy actually

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 08:54:55 AM »
It's a lot better than Just Lose It but...that's not a difficult feat, I still hope this album is going to be great, When Royce talked up this album, I am still inclined to think he was being genuine but we shall see.

Edit - It is quite catchy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 08:59:11 AM by virtuoso »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 09:12:19 AM »

Really?  What are you expecting?  I ain't trying to be a smart ass either, for this type of lyrical content and feel what kind of beat did you want?

I thought it was dope.  Compared to past material this all sounds like a band got together and recorded each of their instruments.  It sounds tighter and more cohesive then Crack a Bottle.

As for Eminem, he continues his pattern of releasing comical first singles.  Unlike when he first came out, he isn't offensive.  Now this kind of Em track is expected.   I don't really get the feeling he's supposed to be shocking.  If he is then he failed.  I would've preferred him to went at other rappers but when has Em every done this unless he was provoked?

I don't mind his accent.  I actually prefer it to his annoying extremely nasally voice he had when he first blew up.   

Everyone keeps arguing they like the serious Eminem but you have to recognize that the comical aspect is as much a part of his image as is the serious.  I can understand people complaining if Nas dropped a single like this but it's Eminem!

I prefer the beat over the vocals which shows that I won't play the song that much but I don't listen to his comical music too often.  So, I'm not surprised nor am I disappointed.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »

Really?  What are you expecting?  I ain't trying to be a smart ass either, for this type of lyrical content and feel what kind of beat did you want?

I thought it was dope.  Compared to past material this all sounds like a band got together and recorded each of their instruments.  It sounds tighter and more cohesive then Crack a Bottle.

As for Eminem, he continues his pattern of releasing comical first singles.  Unlike when he first came out, he isn't offensive.  Now this kind of Em track is expected.   I don't really get the feeling he's supposed to be shocking.  If he is then he failed.  I would've preferred him to went at other rappers but when has Em every done this unless he was provoked?

I don't mind his accent.  I actually prefer it to his annoying extremely nasally voice he had when he first blew up.   

Everyone keeps arguing they like the serious Eminem but you have to recognize that the comical aspect is as much a part of his image as is the serious.  I can understand people complaining if Nas dropped a single like this but it's Eminem!

I prefer the beat over the vocals which shows that I won't play the song that much but I don't listen to his comical music too often.  So, I'm not surprised nor am I disappointed.

you don't understand; he used to be funny

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 09:31:42 AM »
great beat. dre did his job!
video is funny.. sarah palin looked hot lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 09:32:41 AM »
this is BEYOND disappointing lol.

this is worst than "Just Lose It", i did not think that was possible.

good thing is that this is his single, so maybe the rest will be good? lmao, i dont know anymore.

but i think the beat is AWESOME, Dre fuckin came with it! 8)

LOL @ Dre being Captian Kirk <------CLASSIC! :laugh:

was the asain guy the same one from MADtv?

LMAO, when the video ends they play a commercial & then "Lose Yourself" comes on, what a nice transition. ;) :)

i think Em has to stop dissing celebrities; once i saw him sitting in the chair with the cowboy hat on, i knew it was going to be bad.

Without Me was a great song, imo. this has no feel like that at all, GARBAGE!

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 09:45:05 AM »
It was funny...... but not something I will probably ever listen to again.

His first two singles "My Name Is" and "Real Slim Shady" were funny like that, and had alot of comedy in the video; but they were also good songs had replay value.  This new single is only good for laughs.