Author Topic: EMINEM-WE MADE YOU *VIDEO*  (Read 2901 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: EMINEM-WE MADE YOU *VIDEO*
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:23 PM »
By the way I agree with you on this.

sorry, but i'm not falling for that.
how the fuck can it be dark, if there's nothing hinting to that?

I don't see why he can't have made a "dark" album, I just doubt he has. I expect an album "darker" than Encore but that's not expecting much.

It's disappointing to see the exact same formula rolled for the first single, going after celebrities and having the jokey video. It's something that has decreased in hilarity, or mild amusement if we're being honest, with each album. This time it falls completely flat. It's actually embarrassing that after the critical reception of Encore he thinks something like this is a good idea. But ofcourse sales are valued greater than creativity.

Eminem: Two great albums, one alright album and by the looks of things two albums which even a casual listener should be embarrassed to own.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2009, 01:42:31 PM »

They key is "we were looking for this song for a long time" translation, Jimmy Iovine said the album is not coming out until you find a catchy pop song to sell as the first single. I think it's obvious who calls the shots and seemingly it's obvious that when we are disappointed at many albums, it probably has more to do with the decisions made by the people who own the labels and that if we were to hear the so called leftovers, we would probably be much more impressed with them we were with what made the album.

I think the two obvious contenders for even Encore was We As Americans and Love You More. These were not included on the album and only appeared as bonus tracks on some of the editions of the album. It is obvious that in the case of most album releases, we don't hear the best material, we hear what they deem will sell to a fickle pop oriented consumer base.

That is the reality

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:50 PM »

I don't see why he can't have made a "dark" album, I just doubt he has. I expect an album "darker" than Encore but that's not expecting much.

It's disappointing to see the exact same formula rolled for the first single, going after celebrities and having the jokey video. It's something that has decreased in hilarity, or mild amusement if we're being honest, with each album. This time it falls completely flat. It's actually embarrassing that after the critical reception of Encore he thinks something like this is a good idea. But ofcourse sales are valued greater than creativity.

Eminem: Two great albums, one alright album and by the looks of things two albums which even a casual listener should be embarrassed to own.

Did you think Marshall Mathers LP was gonna sound like "The Real Slim Shady"? or D12 World like "My Band?, your a fool

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2009, 01:55:32 PM »

Did you think Marshall Mathers LP was gonna sound like "The Real Slim Shady"? or D12 World like "My Band?, your a fool

"The Real Slim Shady" is a masterpiece compared to this travesty and D12 World might have well as sounded like "My Band" as it was a horrible album anyway.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2009, 02:11:52 PM »
Well, it's official. I don't hate this song. It's no where fucking near one of my favorites, but it ain't that bad.
My Future Wife:

MediumL

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2009, 03:01:51 PM »
Well, it's official. I don't hate this song. It's no where fucking near one of my favorites, but it ain't that bad.

yer i heard it and then listened to just lose it and we made u is a lot better. Most are sayin the rest of the album wont sound like this and all i can do is hope thats the case. Also that Em loses that stupid accent which annoys me...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

So Much Style

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »
its growing on me...slim has some nice lines for sure, minus the accent...and the accent even lightens up in the 2nd verse...the bridges are tight and so is the beat!! sick beat
So much style back at it again

Rick McCrank

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2009, 04:42:29 PM »
I like the beat...

it's just the same shit he's been doing since after "MMLP"

so that in itself is annoying... he could make a 'serious' track and still do just as well I feel

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »
serious this serious that why so serious cat?

come on, this shit is dope because it's comical and it's still got a SERIOUS message about famous people.  he even pokes fun at himself - he's the idiot savant of rap and without dr.dre as his producer he wouldn't be shit.   the pink alf shirt and the electrocution chair are other examples. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Rick McCrank

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »
I'm not asking for a "Rock Bottom" as a single

just not doing something he's already done before...

it's played out... it's just so obvious he was forced to do this kinda shit

Roccy

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2009, 05:37:45 PM »
Horrible..so sad
how it really goes down..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2009, 07:10:29 PM »
Dope track!
jEM jEM binks is Hip Hop's Elvis.
He hasn't lost a beat,all his shit is classic.
jEM jEM binks is the GOAT!

sarcasm?

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »
looking for the cutest girl and.....charlie horse her, lol.

i like the track and the video is funny,  way better than that crack a bottle song (cough cough trash cough cough).  its good to see better material.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2009, 10:37:04 PM »
it's an okay song.

i like the beat, hate the accent he's using.

i can see what he's trying to say....and i AGREE, but i think em could have done better.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Muhfukka

« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2009, 10:55:48 PM »
this shit sucks