Author Topic: War  (Read 1069 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
War
« on: April 07, 2009, 04:51:31 AM »
What's the fucking point ?

Ii used to think war a necessasity in this world and that if you opposed it you were just a tree hugging liberal cunt.

However my views have changed, War is just a pointless fucking excersise, Its the way the human race is exterminating it self, i mean war under any guise is pointless.

religion
territorial
oil

hunderds of years this earth has been ravaged by war amongst humans, we are killing each other, life means nothing , some times this world actually saddens me.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: War
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
That's some Miss USA talk.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »
Can I recommend to you that you read George Orwell's 1984?

It answers that question, but you are right, it's not intended to be fought for "good" it's purpose is destruction but you need to read that  ;D

What was the catalyst for your change of thinking?

Elano

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 08:53:03 AM »

Eleven2Three

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 05:46:58 AM »

It answers that question, but you are right, it's not intended to be fought for "good" it's purpose is destruction but you need to read that  ;D

Either I never really understood Orwell's point, or I simply disagree.

To me, war seems to be a pretty natural state for all living things (and even the lifeless things are constantly looking for a balance, thus coming to clashes on the way there).
Humans get into wars precisely because they naturally strive for growth. Such growth of one ultimately goes at the cost of the opportunities of others, and the result is a conflict.

There is not much to be done against this, because striving for growth is innate to life, and there's no way to suppress such conflicts because of their size.

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 07:40:40 AM »

To me, war seems to be a pretty natural state for all living things (and even the lifeless things are constantly looking for a balance, thus coming to clashes on the way there).
Humans get into wars precisely because they naturally strive for growth. Such growth of one ultimately goes at the cost of the opportunities of others, and the result is a conflict.

There is not much to be done against this, because striving for growth is innate to life, and there's no way to suppress such conflicts because of their size.

Growth can also be achieved without resolving into violence.

dexter

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »
dimewars eminem

Eleven2Three

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 03:25:35 AM »

Growth can also be achieved without resolving into violence.

Some growth, yes, but ultimately growth comes to (and from) conflicts.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 11:15:23 PM »
Oil is a bitch.

Bananas

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 12:35:14 PM »

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »
Would your views of war change if the leaders of the nations and organizations starting them would man up about why they've started them?

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 08:48:30 PM »
Oil is a bitch.
What oil?  Where's this oil?

ikke

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 04:45:03 AM »
actually everybody really needs the oil.
If the oil is gone, chaos and anarchy will emerge

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:19 AM »
sometimes war is very necessary.  the last few major wars have been bullshit,  but once in a while, war is the only answer.

we dont need oil.  sure we have become dependent on it but only because our dependence makes them billions if not trillions.  i dont even want to look up what their profits for the last quarter were.  i would probably go out and shoot someone if i did.  

there are plenty of other options for us but none make the 'special interest' groups any money.  at least not right now.  theyre milking it for ALL its worth.  shit, the sun alone is our most powerful source of energy...but why has it taken us this long to use it?  and still, not everyone uses it.  

and dont you dare ask about an electric car...all the 'pure blooded americans' will damn near burn you at the stake for even thinking that!!!

we should of had the electric car mass produced in the 50s.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

ikke

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 05:14:02 AM »
sometimes war is very necessary.  the last few major wars have been bullshit,  but once in a while, war is the only answer.

we don't need oil.  sure we have become dependent on it but only because our dependence makes them billions if not trillions.  i don't even want to look up what their profits for the last quarter were.  i would probably go out and shoot someone if i did.  

there are plenty of other options for us but none make the 'special interest' groups any money.  at least not right now.  they're milking it for ALL its worth.  shit, the sun alone is our most powerful source of energy...but why has it taken us this long to use it?  and still, not everyone uses it.  

and don't you dare ask about an electric car...all the 'pure blooded Americans' will damn near burn you at the stake for even thinking that!!!

we should of had the electric car mass produced in the 50s.
we NEED oil, believe me.
'sure we have become dependent on it' you're proving my whole point here...
But really, oil isn't JUST for your car....
We need oil for plastic to keep our food fresh for longer periods.
Without it our food wouldn't even be able to get here.

And 1 glass of oil is equal to about 30.000 hours of human labour
And do some goddamn research...
Do you know where about 80% of the electricity comes from? yes OIL.
Every other options of fuel uses at least a bit of gasoline.
Airplanes can not use any other type of fuel.

Solar power hasn't developed well enough to make it as profitable as oil.

And only recently have people developed hydrogen cars and we can't mass produce those because they cost a million to be .s