Author Topic: War  (Read 1066 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: War
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 05:29:25 AM »
'oil' isnt just for cars, huh?  you dont say.  ::)

when you think of oil, what is the FIRST thing you think of?  you dont think of rubber, you dont think of plastics, you think of GASOLINE.

scientists are researching alternatives to petroleum based plastics.  it wont be long before they figure out something that works.  

"Do you know where about 80% of the electricity comes from? yes OIL."  

and yet, the sun provides more than enough energy for the entire world.  

"Solar power hasn't developed well enough to make it as profitable as oil."

exactly!  it is ALL about profits.  they should of started this in the 40s and 50s, not now.  they turned us into a society that is 100% defendant on petroleum.  but we dont need it.  they forced it on us.  from running cars to the little eraser on your pencil.  but there are many more options available.  do they pursue those options?  yeah, very little.  why? cause theyre milking this thing for all its worth.    why does it feel like i have already said this.   :eh:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:32:04 AM by Da WyKiD Iz Won »

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

ikke

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 05:32:25 AM »
'oil' isnt just for cars, huh?  you dont say.  ::)

when you think of oil, what is the FIRST thing you think of?  you dont think of rubber, you dont think of plastics, you think of GASOLINE.

scientists are researching alternatives to petroleum based plastics.  it wont be long before they figure out something that works. 

and yet, the sun provides more than enough energy for the entire world. 

"Solar power hasn't developed well enough to make it as profitable as oil."

exactly!  it is ALL about profits.  they should of started this in the 40s and 50s, not now.  they turned us into a society that is 100% defendant on petroleum.  but we dont need it.  they forced it on us.  from running cars to the little eraser on your pencil.  but there are many more options available.  do they pursue those options?  yeah, very little.  why? cause theyre milking this thing for all its worth. 
yes but in the 40's/50's nobody knew the oil supply was limited

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 05:38:39 AM »

do you mean energy? 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

ikke

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 05:43:59 AM »

do you mean energy? 

no, energy is too general, energy is everywhere.
I mean electricity

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »
Can I recommend to you that you read George Orwell's 1984?

It answers that question, but you are right, it's not intended to be fought for "good" it's purpose is destruction but you need to read that  ;D

Either I never really understood Orwell's point, or I simply disagree.

To me, war seems to be a pretty natural state for all living things (and even the lifeless things are constantly looking for a balance, thus coming to clashes on the way there).
Humans get into wars precisely because they naturally strive for growth. Such growth of one ultimately goes at the cost of the opportunities of others, and the result is a conflict.

There is not much to be done against this, because striving for growth is innate to life, and there's no way to suppress such conflicts because of their size.

Then you don't understand the significance of Orwell using those words. He wasn't some random individual who decided to convey an opinion, this guy saw both sides of it, from fighting in the spanish civil war to serving in the intelligence services for the west. He said war was essentially driven by the need to suppress and destroy surpluses therefore ensuring that the hierarchy of power was not threatened by creating an order/balance which kept people in their places. You see it everywhere, from the lambs to the slaughter, to the loss of life, to the destruction of a growing economy, to the money seeping out of the national economy and in to fighting the war effort.  Now he wasn't saying that every single war is fought on this basis but major wars are. Now as for this myth that wars are fought to secure oil to the west, no they aren't, as far as natural resources are concerned, it's important to control the oil, therefore controlling the supply of oil and ensuring therefore that the price can be driven as much as possible. Every single war mindless individuals will rationalise it and seek to gain comfort that this war means cheaper oil prices and yet sure enough the turmoil means a rocket in prices, creating further uncertainty in the market causing speculators to further push up the price of oil. There might be a moral basis presented for a war but it isn't the primary motivation and as we have seen, war is not romantic or glorious and anyone morality it's quickly overshadowed by the evils of war. Orwell was basically saying every major war has been a controlled state of affairs driven by underlying motivations to suppress and destroy. Politicians don't control policy, think tanks control the policy, the think tanks are funded by the extremely wealthy and so you have to look past the simplistic reasons presented on television and understand the fundamentals of what is driving this.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 09:42:09 AM »

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 09:43:04 AM »

It answers that question, but you are right, it's not intended to be fought for "good" it's purpose is destruction but you need to read that  ;D

What was the catalyst for your change of thinking?
sick recommendation good book... i heard the audio recording of it... on cd

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »

Either I never really understood Orwell's point, or I simply disagree.

To me, war seems to be a pretty natural state for all living things (and even the lifeless things are constantly looking for a balance, thus coming to clashes on the way there).
Humans get into wars precisely because they naturally strive for growth. Such growth of one ultimately goes at the cost of the opportunities of others, and the result is a conflict.

There is not much to be done against this, because striving for growth is innate to life, and there's no way to suppress such conflicts because of their size.

Growth can also be achieved without resolving into violence.
problem is most people cannot think through to reach that level of wise diplomacy...