Author Topic: Does the Muslim faith believe in an Apocalypse???  (Read 346 times)

Sikotic™

Does the Muslim faith believe in an Apocalypse???
« on: February 13, 2002, 03:03:22 PM »
I'm just curious because I've been reading the book of Revelation in thre Bible alot as of late and I noticed alot of the things mentioned in this book have already taken place and at the path the world is taking right now, it seems that Jesus return is approaching swiftly. Not that I'm right but thats what I've collected from my readings.

I was just wondering if any other religions believe that the world will end and if so could y'all explain what is expected to take place. I know there are alot of Muslim people, like Infinite, in here so I hope I can get an answer.

Peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

Re: Does the Muslim faith believe in an Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 04:22:00 PM »
Good question..... Here's what I do know... Islam spends alot of time talking about "The Last Day".... wich means everyone dead and alive will be judged for their sins on that day.... so according to Islamic theology dead people right now are in a metamorphisis, and they will be resurected on the last day, and judged recieve that wich they have earned on earth, their portion.  Whether that means heaven or hell.

In my studies I have yet to come across anything in Islamic theology similar to Revelations.  Islam believes in the first testament of the Bible.  But we believe that the new testament has been corrupted.  And I have yet to read anything in the Qu'ran about events or indications that we are approaching our last days.

You've got me interested though.  I think I'll start reading some of Revelations in the Bible, interesting subject.

Hope that helped some, I've only been a Muslim for 358 days, I've got a lot to learn.

Holla back.  

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 04:37:30 PM »
"The Last Day" is very similar to the great white throne judgement the Bible talks about where all men will be judged by God and those who are born again will be rewarded. Its very defferent yet similar at the same time.

Thanks for the info, homie

Peace

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2002, 12:09:11 AM »
Infinite; yet ANOTHER parallel between your religion and mine!  We believe that all are resurrected, all will receive their body again, because it was promised by god.  However, only the righteous will go to heaven; the evil will be cast into hell where they will be able to feel physical pain, since they have their body.

P.S., almost every religion has a 'recogning day' in it's philosophy.  It's becoming apparent to me that all religions trace back to the flood, when there was of course only 1 religion.  But that's just me; I could be wrong.

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 04:47:27 AM »
Infinite; yet ANOTHER parallel between your religion and mine!  We believe that all are resurrected, all will receive their body again, because it was promised by god.  However, only the righteous will go to heaven; the evil will be cast into hell where they will be able to feel physical pain, since they have their body.

P.S., almost every religion has a 'recogning day' in it's philosophy.  It's becoming apparent to me that all religions trace back to the flood, when there was of course only 1 religion.  But that's just me; I could be wrong.

The Flood?  Explain.  And yeah, it says several times in the Qu'ran, something to the fact of:

"you were dead, (not born) he gave you life, (birth) then taketh away (death) and he will indeed give you life once more.  (resurected) Will you not then be faithful?"  

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2002, 08:01:29 AM »
Most religions have a story of the earth at one time being completely flooded with water, destroying civilization.  Christians (and the Genesis book of the bible, book 1) believe the Noah's ark story, that god flooded the world because it was evil... the unicorn was destroyed (LOL) and that he promised never to do it again by showing a rainbow everytime it rains.

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2002, 10:32:42 AM »
Most religions have a story of the earth at one time being completely flooded with water, destroying civilization.  Christians (and the Genesis book of the bible, book 1) believe the Noah's ark story, that god flooded the world because it was evil... the unicorn was destroyed (LOL) and that he promised never to do it again by showing a rainbow everytime it rains.

Yeah, there's a chapter in the Qu'ran called, "the flood", I believe it's the same thing your talking about.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2002, 04:08:03 PM »
No fun for us, it looks like he's going to destroy it by fire this time, LOL.  That's why i'm tryna keep it from goin' wicked, at least before i'm dead! lol...

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2002, 06:40:28 PM »
No fun for us, it looks like he's going to destroy it by fire this time, LOL.  That's why i'm tryna keep it from goin' wicked, at least before i'm dead! lol...

I wonder if God's actually going to destroy it with actual fire or if a comet's going to burn it up or somethin'.

Oh well, I won't be here to find out  8)

THA SAUCE HOUSE

techniec

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2002, 08:19:43 AM »
in islam

the anti christ, (devil incarnate) will lead the world into war, wherien jesus christ (peace be upon him) will come down from the heavens to lead the muslims, victory will be guaranteed to the faithful, after which jesus will rule the world for 40 years, after the 40 years, the angel michael will blow into his (whistle?) and the world will end

sort of like the rapture?

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2002, 11:01:14 AM »
Very Similar, and I didn't realize yall believe in Christ.  Peace~

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2002, 02:08:35 PM »
Very Similar, and I didn't realize yall believe in Christ.  Peace~

Muslims put Jesus (peace be unto him) on the same level as Muhammad. (peace be unto him)  The cornerstone of Islam is the belief in all the prophets, (Moses, Noah, Joseph, etc.)and make no destinction between them, except that Muhammad, (peace be unto him) is regarded as the last of the prophets.  

But even this is argued. Black Muslims believe Elijah Muhammad was the last prophet, and Moorish Scientist believe that Noble Drew Ali was the last prophet.  

And prophets are not to be confused with Gods, they are humans who have recieved messages from God, Allah, the creator, the most high.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2002, 04:15:58 PM »
I knew yall thought he was a prophet, but do you believe he was the son of god, like he said?

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2002, 02:59:23 AM »
I knew yall thought he was a prophet, but do you believe he was the son of god, like he said?

In the Qu'ran it says that the prophet Mary (peace be unto her) was a virgin, And that she gave birth to Jesus because God said "BE" and so it was.

But we do not refer to Jesus as the son of God, because God (Allah) has no partners, Allah is everything, and everything is Allah.

techniec

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2002, 06:35:23 AM »
word