Author Topic: Diddy is trying to reacquire one of his most treasured acts: the LOX  (Read 729 times)

Elano

A decade ago, it was “Let the LOX go!” In 2009, it very well could be “Bring the LOX back!”

Jadakiss said Diddy is trying to reacquire one of his most treasured acts: the LOX. “Diddy made us a light offer, all you label heads,” Jadakiss told MTV News. “He made us a nice light one.”

…One of Diddy’s biggest competitors for the LOX might be a mutual friend: Jay-Z. Jada is signed to Roc-A-Fella/ Def Jam for a solo deal, and Hov has been trying to bring the entire group into the fold for years. ‘Kiss said he and his Yonkers brothers are open to hearing all offers.

“If somebody makes an offer first, then the bidding war goes down,” Jada said. “I’m sure some of the big guys will make some offers. If not, Diddy, holla at me.”

Jada is promoting his new LP, The Last Kiss, and a tour is being worked out for a co-headlining outing with Cam’ron.

“Me and Killa supposed to go out, probably do some House of Blues-type of venues,” he said. “Then I’m gonna try and sneak on that Weezy and Hov joint going out after that.”

A tour with Lil Wayne, Jay-Z and Jada? Hmm … sounds like something huge for the fans. “Yeah,” ‘Kiss agreed. Reps for Jay-Z and Lil Wayne said they haven’t heard about a Jay and Wayne tour.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/369931/jadakiss-talks-diddy-and-joining-jay-z-on-tour.jhtml

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Diddy is trying to reacquire one of his most treasured acts: the LOX
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »
Dope   8) 8) 8)

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »
sounds jiggy

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »
"This is our life right here. It's worth dying over, IT'S WORTH KILLING OVER!!" >:(

if these niggas (or anybody for that matter) sign to Badboy...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »
Wow theres no way these niggas are really dumb enough to go back to Diddy after all he's put them through.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:27:24 PM »
I'd Rather They Sign With The Roc. Ca'mon Jay Make a Better Offer.  :P

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:29:34 PM »
I'd Rather They Sign With The Roc. Ca'mon Jay Make a Better Offer.  :P
i agree.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 12:33:25 PM »
as a group they cant get out they contract... so why not..

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »
Puffy is a bitch was a bitch and always will be a bitch.

Elano

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 04:30:45 AM »
Check out Jada discussing Lox re-joining Diddy below:

"It's always possible," Kiss said referring to the label jump. "We've learned anything beneficial to L-O-X or anybody in our camp as long as it's beneficial for us is okay. It's about knowing what you getting involved in before you get involved. That first contract we signed, we ain't really know and a lot of people do that. We learned, we found out quicker that most dudes. Whenever I signed a contract ever in life after that first one going to be beneficial for me more than anybody or it won't have my signature on it....Only thing that separates D-Block or L-O-X is jail or death. No money, people trying to get in your ear trying to divide and conquer, none of that is gonna work."

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »
I can only speak about it as an outsider since I don't know the details but my one question to them would be "Why?". It seemed like even after they were off that label for many years, there was still a contractual conflict in some areas. I recall a radio argument between them and Puff a few years back and this had to have been at least five years since they left. If the business wasn't right the first time, what do you really think has changed? Diddy may be many things but an idiot with his business doesn't seem to be one of them. Obviously, the Lox got more info than me or the average Joe but it just doesn't seem to make sense to go back under that umbrella. From a publicity sense, it would have people talking but once that wears off, you're still bound to the contract.

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 09:06:08 AM »
I co-sign everything Jimmy H says..I don't pretend to be in the industry but really, why would they go back..I think it just goes to how they never have really made the big paper and are still desperate to do so even if it means rolling the dice with Puffy again.....It's to bad that as is the case with Puffy and others, being a good business man means you are good at fucking over people who are just looking for an opportunity...Besides, Puff no longer really cares about Bad Boy anymore anyway and could care less about his artists.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 05:07:00 AM »
Puff no longer really cares about Bad Boy anymore anyway and could care less about his artists.
And another group who has talent nobody hears from again, what happened to B5?  I just remembered them a couple days ago.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
Whatever get's them to do another joint as The L.O.X., I'm down.
(I ain't gonna see no $ So why should I care.. Who they sign to)