Author Topic: You know what really confuses me...  (Read 249 times)

FreeMac

• 'G'
You know what really confuses me...
« on: April 09, 2009, 11:35:06 PM »
First off, I'm drunk i aint gonna lie..and I'm definately not tryin to ramble..but one thing that always had me confused is Tha Realest.

To begin with, everybody knows this guy is a straight Tupac clone. He's done interviews where he's said his swag ain't all that like 'Pac and that he's trying to do his own thing, but damn, everything he's ever done resembles or mimmicks Tupac in some sort of way. He signed to Deathrolaw in '96 and ever since the Gang Related Soundtrack, his whole image has been based on being Tupac. The man went and got like 12 tattoes almost identical (in some cases the exact same tattoo) to Makaveli.

What really confuses me, however, is the fact that he's actually a MOB Piru and was respected by so many people that worked with 'Pac (not to mention OG's like Big Buntry, Neckbone, etc.). Now you can say that Daz dissed him, but they were obviously cool at some point being that they recorded together. He's now a stable in the Regime who works with Nuttso, Yuk, Gonzoe, etc. and so many others that did tracks with 'Pac and it baffles me they don't seem to mind that a 35 year old man still tries to pose like 'Pac in every picture or interview he does. Now don't get me wrong I like his music (as a 2Pac fan I can't help but like it), but this guy has to have the worst case of identity crisis I've ever seen.

What's everybodies opinions on him? Does it bother you that he really thinks he's like some sort of Tupac Part II?

ephayzee

• Lil Geezy
Re: You know what really confuses me...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »
this is always going to be a touchy subject because for a while, a long while i suppose, he was a 2pac clone. deathrow at the time was still trying profit off pac, and were up until a few years ago, so i guess to them it made sense. but over the years if you've been following his music, you can tell he's changed his style and become himself on his music. there are still times when he comes off like pac but so does every other rapper- 2pac was just a big influence on him as he was on people like ja rule, 50, c-murder, eminem, etc. sometimes he'll say some shit like pac and i'll still be trippin off it because of the past but i think musically, he's evolved as an artist.

and yeah, i always trip out when people who knew pac are really cool with realest. i guess he's got that thing that reminds them of pac or maybe he's just a cool dude. i've met realest a few times and not once did he try to come off like pac - he really is a cool, down to earth dude. he's a really smart cat if you ever get the chance to talk to him.

in the end people are always going to hate him for trying to use pac's style so it doesnt really matter what i say other than actually listen to what he's saying and not judge him based off what he did before, but people will always judge him for that.

by the way, look out for his album dropping soon.

peace

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:26:09 AM »
Seriously I have no idea how so many of the people that were cool with Pac can actually accept that dude. This nigga obviously bit Pac's entire style (music, attitude, affiliations). It was always a joke to me how dude screams "Westside" but he's from Texas and didn't even grow up in California. Plus, I remember Nino Brown once revealed that it was actually in his contract with Death Row that he had to do as much as possible to emulate Pac.

As far as him trying to be his own artist - bullshit. Didn't dude steal unreleased Pac songs and rerecord the lyrics? You can just look at his song titles and tell he's trying to say some shit like Pac would say (Out on Bail, Special Kind of Mother, God Bless Your Thugged out Soul, Taking Pictures in the Cemetery). Or how about him having an unexplainable beef with Mobb Deep? Or him calling or Ja Rule for biting Pac - LMAO!!!

ps: Bad Azz owned Tha Realest's entire career with one line "fuck you niggas, hatin lil Pac imitatin wanna be Outlaws..."
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 01:22:56 AM »
im confused as to how anyone even cares about this dude.....outside of this board i dont know one person who even knows or cares who this cat is.......
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 02:32:37 AM »
I'll say like this - people will always trip on Tha Realest because of his Death Row past. I admit he was copy 'Pac style while he was on this label but I also believe it was Suge's influence that thought them to do so.. But after he left Tha Row he created his own style by adding his southern accent. If you hear Tupac style in songs like "Eurry Now And Then" than your seriously trippin' dude.

Tha Realest always said he represents what 'Pac stood for, that's why he dissed cats like Mobb Deep. he felt he was disrespecting 'Pac in certain songs and he striked back at them. As a Tupac fan I can only thank him for doing something no one from 'Pacs people didn't do. In this board we do similar things in some topics, we diss the shit out of some fools dissing 'Pac so what's the difference somebody do this on by recording a track?

if people that were close friends with 'Pac hang out with Tha Realest than he must be a really cool dude to kick with. In other topics your people calling dude's like Spice 1, Jayo Felony or Yukmouth "real niggaz" so what your gonna say when you see them with Tha Realest? Are you gonna call them "fake" then cause they were friends with 'Pac and now freinds with Real? That's some ignorant shit right there..!

I always say it in every Tha Realest topic - if you can past that "Tupac" shit you can actually discover a good artist with a lots of good songs..

Rick McCrank

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 02:48:22 AM »
this is too funny... it's all on point

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »
2 months later, has anyone checked for his single?

I'll speak as someone who's been in the forefront. I was a huge Death Row, Pac, Dogg Pound fan for a long time. I remember when Chronic 2000 dropped and everyone said 2Pac is on there rapping as Tha Realest. I listened to it, and not for one second did I think it was 2Pac rapping, but I did notice the similarities. After awhile, I realized he would go out of his way on tracks to do Pac type things (Westsiiiiide, MOB, etc), so I just wrote it off as "it is what it is." Then in 2001, I met the dude on some non-music shit, and got to know him as a person. I immediately recognized his similar traits to 2Pac, his emotions, image, etc, but not for one second have I ever thought "Damn this dude tries to be like 2Pac." Tattoos, yeah they look similar, but keep in mind dude was 20-21 when he did most of this stuff.

Anyways, back to the story. As time passed on, I started going to the studio with this dude. I realized right off the bat that this dude had a pen game that most don't have...he is consistently the first one done when it comes to tracks, and often times he's even the one helping out the vets (Yuk, C-Bo, etc) with completing their verse.

A couple years later, I ran into Napoleon (Outlawz) in the streets. I thought to myself "Damn I wonder how this dude would react if I brought up that I know Tha Realest." I mentioned it to him, right off the bat, response was "That's the homie right there, hit him up." OK, this appeared odd to me. Here's someone who knew Pac since even before Death Row, owes his whole career to Pac, and he's calling a man who most people automatically refer to as "Copycat of Pac" his homie. That shocked me.

After they got into the studio together, I saw Napoleon's reaction to Realest's work ethic, and he even addressed some of the 2Pac stuff. "Niggas need to move past the Pac stuff, that was Death Row with a building full of niggas in your ear, you doin your thing now homie." I have this on cassette tape, as I always wanted to throw it on the net to show haters.

As time passed, I've seen Realest interact with Nutt-So, Richie Rich, Mopreme, Yukmouth, C-Bo, Killa Tay, Spice 1, EDI, Young Buck, Crooked I, Roscoe, the list goes on of people that were either close to Pac or close to that whole little situation, and they all wholeheartedly respect his pen game and notice his realness off the top. They don't benefit anything from fucking with Tha Realest, if anything they stand a chance to lose respect from people who automatically shut off Realest. But based off their personal encounters with dude, they judge him off that, and not some shit that he did 10-13 years ago to try to get his foot in the door.

The dude sounds like Pac, and talks about similar things on tracks at times. But they are 2 completely different artists, and nothing is gonna show that more than his album that's about to drop next month.

I'm not even saying go buy the album, download it, whatever, but just give it a real LISTEN, and then maybe, just maybe you might warm up to him as an all around artist a little more, and check for his next project/projects. Maybe you will hate it and still percieve him as nothing more than a Pac biter, either way you gave it a shot.

I can understand why people don't check for him, if I was that turned off by his Death Row/Pac stuff, I'd say fuck him too. But the real truth is, dude is a very talented all around artist, represents that old school "hip hop" mentality that most artists don't have these days, is one of the realest (no pun intended) street cats you'll ever run into, and is loyal as a motherfucker.

So, to address the people who wonder why these dudes fuck with him, and even on a non "hip hop/music level" as you stated with him being put on the MOB and rolling with Pac's Compton comrades, they see the same qualities in him that I've stated through out. Dude is a special artist/person, he's just got a very negative stigma attached to him that he will likely never be able to shake.

Blasphemy

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 01:24:01 AM »
I said this in another thread.

Suge knight had signed a bunch of copy cats for the second dynasty.

He had Daz (OG) on production - Replacing Dr. dre

Snoop Dogg - Top dogg
Lady of Rage - Some bitch (Valerie or something)
Makaveli - The Realest

and a couple of others. Realest is just a biter, I know people are going to say "but he reps the west to the fullest" yeah, he is doing that just like Tupac, except tupac had a reason. New York artist feuded with him (Check out, we don't fuck with 2pac fuck you part 2 mixtape.Those same artist today will rip a pac verse, say he was down with em or some other bullshit, but when Tupac was alive he wasn't fucking with em and he wouldn't fuck with The Realest.

The realest former rap name was Tenkamenin. When Tupac died, he changed his name to "The Realest" because 2pac, was considered by many to be the realest rapper.That and tupac called himself The Realest on some songs. Suge Knight had planned on using Top Dogg, The realest and Vali to capitalize off the fans of the originals (1st dynasty). The fans were pissed, because The Realest bite tupac to the extreme. Talking in interviews like tupac (mannerisms, word play), and rapping style.

Do I consider him West Coast??? fuck no, he isn't original, he is a carbon copy of another artist and if I wanted to hear Tupac's style, I'd listen to Tupac. He has to be the worst. Blac Haze is second worse. He sounds less like tupac on his Second album "So Much Drama" but he still making money off Tupac's work. Just like all the faggots who make money off Tupac's work by selling his OGs for money, or cutting and pasting their vocals into em and selling em. Like that 1 guy on YouTube Crystal the faggot. but hey to each his own I suppose.

Also Tenkamenin is a  1th century African Emperor of the Ghana Empire.

Tupac's alternate name was Makaveli which was derived from  Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli (3 May 1469 – 21 June 1527) who was an Italian philosopher, writer, and politician and is considered one of the main founders of modern political science. As a Renaissance Man, he was a diplomat, political philosopher, musician, poet and playwright, but, foremost, he was a Civil Servant of the Florentine Republic.

So he also based his name off someone with great influence, and from the old world Like Tupac.

Also he has multiple times to collaborate with Outlawz/Thug life members.

Tha Realest always said he represents what 'Pac stood for, that's why he dissed cats like Mobb Deep. he felt he was disrespecting 'Pac in certain songs and he striked back at them. As a Tupac fan I can only thank him for doing something no one from 'Pacs people didn't do. In this board we do similar things in some topics, we diss the shit out of some fools dissing 'Pac so what's the difference somebody do this on by recording a track?

LMAO yeah right sad excuse, just because he Felt doesn't mean it happened. Tupac's people respond to Actual disses. As a Tupac fan, I'm saying "Fuck off biter, don't create fake beefs just to get some pac fans on your side."

Edit: Unless the above poster has a video, I can say the following with the same glee "When someone said The Realist, pac didn't act like that, he went home crying like a bitch and slit his wrist cause he failed to keep up the act. So as he was screaming for Suge Knight to come back and train his ass 2 be pac like that 1 old fuck taught Rocky how to fight, He nearly bleed out. He called that shit his 5 shots, and wrote a song "My Death" with a cut interlude from a Death Row OG he got awhile back. It was cool, we smoked bombs."  :laugh:

Edit: Anyone else notice The Realest/Guerrilla Black threads popping out the same time. Guess the clones acting like they originals lol Can't bring 1 up with out the other. :D lol  anyways, yeah. I guess its just depends who you are. Some will look past, others will see it as some weak ass shit. Either way, your confusion is pretty normal.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:36:08 AM by Blasphemy »