Author Topic: Crooked I Calls Out Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre, "None Of Them Dudes Wanna Reach Down"  (Read 3028 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Crooked I recently discussed the lack of West Coast support from rap veterans Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre claiming established artists are not making way for new emcees.

Originally inspired to make a No Country For Old Men project targeting the rappers, Crooked claims his recent near-death experience has altered his plan.

"You've got all these people on the West Coast," he explained. "The 'Men' stands for 'mentality': No country for this old mentality. We don't want to deal with this mentality that says we can't like each other, we can't unify...After this stuff, man, I've been really thinking. That [album is] cool. That's something that needs to be said. But right now ... I've been in these [life-threatening] situations before...My focus now is if Ice Cube, Snoop, Dre, none of them dudes wanna reach down and help the new dudes, that's fine. Maybe I'll call them and have a healthy conversation about it and move on. I'm not in that zone no more. I want to leave a body of work behind that matches a Biggie or Pac." (MTV)

Despite his calling for peace, the rapper challenged incarcerated Mobb Deep member Prodigy to a physical fight after reading an alleged letter questioning his lyrical skills.

"I read your letter and you disrespectfully mentioned my name," Crooked wrote in a blog entry. "If you don't know why Vibe magazine chose to put me in the Best Rapper Alive issue maybe you should have researched me before you wrote what you wrote. Since you have time on your hands, you should check out week 1 thru 52 of my historical Hip Hop Weekly series. Week 33 was a freestyle over your song 'Get Away' (one of my favorite Mobb Deep songs). All things considered, there is a price for speaking on a real n*gga sideways...Fight me 1 on 1. Nobody else, just you and me. I'll wait for your release date since I don't forget about sh*t. P.S. Do some push ups." (Hip Hop DX Blog)

Cooked recently made headlines after rumors spread about him being fatally shot in early March.

"Mentally, I'm kinda in a f*cked up place right now but physically I'm good," Crooked said in an interview. "I just wanna let people know I'm good, man...Some crazy sh*t just went on man and I was at the wrong place at the wrong time type of sh*t, you know what I'm saying. Right now, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it, man...When sh*t like that happens, it's better to just leave it where it happened...I don't want to give nobody fame from bringing negativity towards me...God is good and these haters are gonna find that out." (Vlad TV)

He was, at one time, signed to Death Row Records.

Departed from Death Row by early 2004, Crooked went independent, launching his Dynasty Entertainment label, but legal obstacles prevented him from releasing yet another title of his own. Mixtapes, DVDs, and features continued to pile up, with B.O.S.S. (Beginning of Something Serious) -- at long last, his first official album -- prepared for a 2008 release date. (All Music)

http://www.sohh.com/2009/04/crooked_i_calls_out_snoop.html

this stupid bitch just can't stop crying
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

mixtapeassassin

• Lil Geezy
"My focus now is if Ice Cube, Snoop, Dre, none of them dudes wanna reach down and help the new dudes, that's fine. Maybe I'll call them and have a healthy conversation about it and move on. I'm not in that zone no more. I want to leave a body of work behind that matches a Biggie or Pac."

um explain to me where he is crying? all he is doin is speakin truth about dudes who dont wanna unify the west, if ya'll remember the west wuz at its best when it wuz unified.....also this is just a compilation of old news and the interview he did with mtv for the record, but its okay if you mad, i understand, not only is Crook one of the illest to ever pick up a mic but he makin dudes mad becuz he speaks the real and spits the real.....

keep killin da shit Big Crook 8)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:03:11 PM by mixtapeassassin »

Free mixtapes available at my official site
http://mixtapeassassin.hhboard.com

DTG Entertainment

I'm glad for Crooked I being the bigger man.

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
damn.. Crooked I was the best dude Suge Knight get after 2Pac...

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Soulja Boy > Crooked I
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

SELFMADEANTERAZH

• Lil Geezy
this fool calling crooked i soulja boy? man u str8 got hater across ur big ass forehead ! find something else to do then hate on someone bigger then you will ever be! 8)

Okka

Not hatin' but Crooked ain't a new dude, he been in the fuckin game since what? 1996? And wasn't he workin with Dre at some point?

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Soulja Boy > Crooked I

lyrically no, I'll go with Crooked on that one, but not by much

but in terms of impact you are right

Elano

another topic on this ?

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
quit waitin for a hand ...

get on ya grind...13yrs n u still waitin...

u gone get old doin that shit...

say what u want bout the south.. but our artist never waited for a hand out.. stayed tru to the shit we do..n got on that million dollar grind,

everybody.. u aint see soulja boy askin outkast or tip for a hand

u aint see outkast askin ugk or the geto boys for hands

all these niggas went out n got theirs

regardless of what come out the south u like it or not... the shit is gettin heard n we never had a 13 yr vet cryin about helpin the new...

EFFeX

Not hatin' but Crooked ain't a new dude, he been in the fuckin game since what? 1996? And wasn't he workin with Dre at some point?

He considered an Aftermath deal, but passed it over... at least that's what's rumored.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite

He considered an Aftermath deal, but passed it over... at least that's what's rumored.

Crooked was beggin Snoop to be signed to fucking KOCH West, and you think he'd pass over being signed to Aftermath? LMAO

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I give a fuck is he has a deal or is getting any help as long he keeps releasing more music.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Quadruple OG

*reads article*

*sees who posted topic*

*shakes head at people wasting their time arguing with someone with a '95 state of mind*

DTG Entertainment

Crooked was beggin Snoop to be signed to fucking KOCH West, and you think he'd pass over being signed to Aftermath? LMAO

Aftermath offered him a deal back in 2000 around the time when Death Row did.