Author Topic: [Video] Crooked I pulls plug on No Country For Old Men project  (Read 2159 times)

Okka

Re: [Video] Crooked I pulls plug on No Country For Old Men project
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2009, 05:57:22 AM »
One thing i still don't get it, how Crooked I is featured on "Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told" (i thought he was on Death Row @ that time.)

Elano

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2009, 06:02:15 AM »
crooked i is part of the new generation of the west coast artists ?
LMAO :D

unlike other rappers who's crossed over from the mid 1990s Crooked still brings it 100%
sure wth zero records out  :laugh:

Jaydc555

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2009, 06:14:16 AM »
He wasn't.that was some other rapper with the same name

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2009, 06:23:29 AM »
One thing i still don't get it, how Crooked I is featured on "Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told" (i thought he was on Death Row @ that time.)

That was some other dude called CROOKED EYE or sth like that..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Okka

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2009, 08:39:31 AM »

For real? Y'all sure about that?

Mr. VIP

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2009, 08:41:14 AM »
i smell pussy is that u crooked?

8)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »

I remember i checked the cd and the song, didnt hear Dominic on that at all. Gotta check the cd one more time just to be sure.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Al Bundy

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2009, 08:59:08 AM »

I remember i checked the cd and the song, didnt hear Dominic on that at all. Gotta check the cd one more time just to be sure.

according to discogs, it's him.

Quote from: http://www.discogs.com/Snoop-Dogg-Da-Game-Is-To-Be-Sold-Not-To-Be-Told/release/425818
13       Ain't Nut'in Personal (3:37)
      Additional Vocals - Crooked Eye*
  Featuring - C-Murder , Silkk The Shocker
  Producer - Craig B

EFFeX

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2009, 09:48:25 AM »
Daz was tighter with Crooked I in 98-2000.  Daz did a bunch of production for the "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" and was rolling with him but when Suge Knight cut Daz off he dipped out on Death Row and asked Crooked to dip out too and he said he was staying.  But Daz was originally aligned with Death Row when he recorded those tracks for his second solo which ended up popping up on "R.A.W"  The track "What It Iz" he is talking about Snoop.  Then Daz decides he's not cool with Death Row and Crook didn't follow suit well that's when Daz begged Snoop to rejoin him.  And he was threatening to leak all these tracks like the "Crook N Me" with Nate Dogg and a bunch of other tracks that Daz threatened to leak.  Daz and Crook then became enemies because of Daz's childish behavior thinking Crooked should just follow him to wherever he goes.

Crook then recorded a bunch of tracks and the disses started back and forth.  Crook had a track on his "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" album called "middle finger music" where he disses Snoop but it was never released.  Crook and Snoop exchanged disses on mixtapes ("Welcome to Tha Chuuch" series for Snoop).

To this day, Snoop ain't tight with Crook because they expected him to be like one his DPG groupies and just play follow the leader and Crook wanted to be his own man and they were coming after his career choices to be on Death Row because of their own personal feelings towards the label and just expecting Crook to be their puppet and he wasn't down with that.  I mean, look at all these people who followed Snoop none of them have good careers.  Crook saw that and he knew that he had to make his own choice as a man and he decided to roll with Suge and they all dry hated on him.  Even though he's not with Death Row, they are still dry hating on him because they were afraid he was going to blow up bigger than that whole camp and create a new movement on the West that didn't include him.

Truth... Actually, at that time Daz wanted Crooked to be a VP or Exec for DPG Recordz when it was under Death Row. Crooked was going to be the first release, but when Daz left the label Crooked decided to sign a full contract with Tha Row exclusively.

BTW... I'm almost positive "Middle Finger Music" is from Untouchable, not SHTTBG.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:50:14 AM by EFFeX »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
i was really hoping for this to drop

kinda like BOSS oh snap
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2009, 02:17:19 AM »
I mean, look at all these people who followed Snoop none of them have good careers. 
Kurupt got a good career. Nate got a good career. Daz is doing his thing. Warren G is doing good. Not saying everyone who followed Snoop has the same level of success but there are people who fuck with Snoop that are doing alright.

And Daz was doing songs for "Untouchable", not "Say Hi To The Bad Guy". He wasn't threatning to leak the songs. He was going to put out his own Crooked I album to fuck with Death Row's money when they did their album. The same thing Death Row had done with him in the past. He said if Death Row didn't release theirs, he wouldn't release his. It's actually too bad because as a fan, it would have been cool to get those songs.

love33

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »
I mean, look at all these people who followed Snoop none of them have good careers. 
Kurupt got a good career. Nate got a good career. Daz is doing his thing. Warren G is doing good. Not saying everyone who followed Snoop has the same level of success but there are people who fuck with Snoop that are doing alright.

Those were guys following Suge & Dre, not Snoop.  Suge signed Kurupt when he heard him freestyle at a birthday party.  Nate was down with Dre/Suge for the longest time and he didn't turn against Suge until he scrapped his "G Funk" series and he sued Suge for the album and has tension towards him ever since.  Warren G was down with Tha Row until he got into it with Suge and he went and signed with Russell Simmons and carried Def Jam for 2 years.

Those are all guys that Suge and Dre created, not Snoop.  It was Suge's idea to release "Dogg Food"; Dre wanted to release Lady Of Rage because it was more of his type of artist and Suge interfered and said lets make Daz & Kurupt "Tha Dogg Pound" and cut out Snoop & Nate and drop them because they are hungry and ready to blow.

So those were Suge & Dre's guys, not Snoop's.  Snoop has yet to launch a single artist on Doggystyle Records.  He's more focused on trying to keep his face out there and hasn't put out one artist.  When he dropped that Eastsidaz album in 1999 he said he was going to be releasing solo albums by all these acts and they were going to be a label where the artist got more royalties and he ended up having tension with most of his acts and none of them ever blew up.  Snoop has yet to launch one act as a CEO.