Author Topic: [Video] Crooked I pulls plug on No Country For Old Men project  (Read 2158 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
<a href="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:372742" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:372742</a>

Aaron

• 'G'
  • C.O.B. Circle of Bosses
Re: [Video] Crooked I pulls plug on No Country For Old Men project
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:08:04 AM »
mtv held out on this interview big time!

jaytee

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »
Props for posting this.

First, I get what the "New West" is saying in comparison to the south with helping out their up and coming people.  That's a great thing, and I would love for the West Coast to embrace a unity like that, where differences could be put aside for the overall benefit of the coast.  Here's the thing, if you want to make a name for yourself, make a spot for yourself in Hip-Hop history or life in general, then you have to step up and be your own man.  There's not always going to be hand outstretched and willing to help.  Sometimes it's you against the world, but you have to keep fighting, pushing and grinding.  Dre, Snoop and Ice Cube have all paid their dues (like other west coast legends).  They came out at a time when the was no blueprint for a west coast artist to make it.  There were no guidance counselors or co-signers.  They earned their spots, and they have given back time and time again.  They have all helped put other people on, introduced new artists or helped expose others to a bigger stage.  They have lasted for 20+ years.  These young dudes, need to step their games up and stop looking to be a welfare case looking for handouts.  It might be harder to sell nowadays because all of the downloading and sharing, but it is easier to get your name out there because of all of the different mediums.  The key is to make yourself standout, because you have something that the next artist doesn't.  I would love to see the west take it back to that golden era of west coast hip hop, but guys are going to have to step out of their comfort zones and make a name for themselves rather than just getting a Dre, Snoop or Cube stamp of approval. 

Crooked I is a very talented dude, and even though I like all 3 rappers that were involved in No Country For Old Men, I didn't like what it represented.  I'm glad to see Crooked I have high goals for himself like wanting to have a Big or Pac like impact.  I know a lot of people here feel want that BOSS Music to finally drop.  Some are content with mixtapes and hip hop weeklys.  They may be dope and whatnot, but that's not the reason that Crooked I and every other artist is in this game.  They want success.  Nobody is willing to put hard work into a craft that their life is based upon without want to achieve success and reap the rewards from it.  That is not necessarily just money, but it's classic material, it's reaching a wide audience (not just a couple thousand dudes in one state).  Big and Pac have sold something like 20 million albums a piece, made classics, and are still talked about 10+ years after their deaths.  They have a legacy that lives.  If an artists wants to be mentioned in the same breath then he's gotta think big and step out of the box that some of his "fans" place him in.  Crooked I is striving for that even more so now, and I am rooting for him. 

Elano

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »
crooked i is part of the new generation of the west coast artists ?
LMAO :D

Dubbsider

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »
Ok, Crooked I I understand & support you 110% but please put something out man, and dont stop

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 02:39:10 AM »

from an artist perspective yes, i mean he´s known since 2007 for the commerical scene...but he´s grindin for a decade.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 02:56:15 AM »
so Crooked, how are Ice Cube & Dr.Dre blocking "new west" artists?
please back up your claim before stating anything.

veterans are NOT responsible for other peoples careers; they deserve props for giving handouts, but it's cool if they choose not to.

also, Crooked claims to have matured since he got shot, but he's still wearing blue clothes!
now if it was his favourite colour i wouldn't have knocked him, but this is obviously not the case.
cut that gang shit out, it's silly

Okka

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 04:23:09 AM »
Snoop used to be fuckin with Crooked I, he's talkin to the public like that never happened.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 06:27:14 AM »

unlike other rappers who's crossed over from the mid 1990s Crooked still brings it 100%
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mr. VIP

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 09:26:19 AM »
crooked i is a pussy.

8)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
crooked i is a pussy.

8)

lol this project was on life support anyway you got to pull the plug

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »
Good Stuff! I Wasn't Excited About This Project In The First Place! ::)

afgmafia

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »
yo i cant watch this because i live in T.Dot and mtv dont allow u to watch it outside of the US soo can someone download it and sent it or put it up on youtube like wtf i wanna see dis.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 05:05:12 PM »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »
i knew from the start something was goin to happen to this
but they tryna brush it off
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.