Author Topic: [Video] Crooked I pulls plug on No Country For Old Men project  (Read 2164 times)

The Watcher

Re: [Video] Crooked I pulls plug on No Country For Old Men project
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 01:41:37 AM »
whats happening with crooked releasing one track per week from BOSS? Seems we got the first track and nothing else

another fail
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 01:52:33 AM »
Basically, he says that while the message of No Country For Old Men is true and needs to be said by somebody he doesn't want to waste his time on that message.   He wants to spend his time recording quality, influential music that he hopes is comparable to Tupac's and Biggie's catalog.    Hopefully his plans come to light.
ya right :'(

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 02:57:57 AM »
Dre, Snoop, Quik etc. don't own these so called "never dropping album"-artists shit. You surprised they don't fuck with people that whine always?
Crooked is good but he should shut the fuck up and grow up.
He is always whining and asking for handouts, doesn't sound like the boss of even himself to me.

Jaydc555

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 06:14:42 AM »
I just felt both topics deserved their own post.I like how you avoided the question though.lol.

EFFeX

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 10:25:51 AM »
Dre, Snoop, Quik etc. don't own these so called "never dropping album"-artists shit. You surprised they don't fuck with people that whine always?
He is always whining and asking for handouts, doesn't sound like the boss of even himself to me.

But then again... Crooked has put out more material than Dre has in the last 10 years.  :o

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 11:50:05 AM »

But then again... Crooked has put out more material than Dre has in the last 10 years.  :o
And the point is?

JohnnyL

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 12:05:48 PM »
  Man, we're hearing about all this negative Crooked I news this week.  This was also supposed to be the week that Wideawake was gonna drop that 3 track sampler with "Hoodstar" on it, but that's looking doubtful too.  That Record Store Day is now 3 days away and there hasn't been jack shit mentioned about that sampler.
  Personally, as far as the "No Country For Old Men" news goes, I don't care that much that this project was scrapped.  And really, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone as lately it has really looked like this project was going nowhere.  To me, it would be way more disappointing if the Slaughterhouse project was cancelled.  But Crooked I has enough on his plate with that project to try to manage this one too, not to mention getting a solo album out.
  What I (and I think a lot of others) would like to know is, when is the next B.O.S.S. track dropping?  From the sound of that last interview he did, it sounds like he still plans on releasing it a track at a time.  I would have thought that since that's still the case. he would have dropped the second track by now.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
Bishop Lamont, Crooked I, Glasses Malone vs. Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, & Ice Cube  8)

i wish they woulda battled it out on wax... i can only dream  :-[

Matty

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »
people i know who had never really checked for crooked before are heavily into his stuff now slaughterhouse is making noise. i think crooked could gain much more popularity and recognition in the future. whether he has enough business savvy to turn this new popularity into some kind of deal to put out a lp with strong producers remains to be seen.

hopefully he's not stupid enough to ever sign with aftermath or anyone really big, but his own ventures have been flawed to say the least.

EFFeX

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 02:06:27 PM »

And the point is?

Just bringing up a fact...

You said Crooked is crying for handouts, but he been making a lot of moves on his own.

EFFeX

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 06:09:06 PM »
Man, we're hearing about all this negative Crooked I news this week.  This was also supposed to be the week that Wideawake was gonna drop that 3 track sampler with "Hoodstar" on it, but that's looking doubtful too.  That Record Store Day is now 3 days away and there hasn't been jack shit mentioned about that sampler.

The situation regarding the Death Row Records sampler that will be released on April 18th by WIDEAwake Entertainment has finally been cleared up. The sampler is being released for free in limited quantity to be used as a promotional tool. In case you are not aware, April 18th marks Record Store Day 2009, an event to celebrate independent record stores across the country. WIDEAwake has chosen to include their sampler in this event and because of this fans will only be able to locate the item in participating stores. If you are interested in obtaining this piece of Death Row history, which includes Crooked I's unreleased song "Hood Star", head over to Record Store Day's official website to locate a participating store near you. However, we must point out that not all stores will be carrying the sampler so it is important that you call ahead for confirmation.

Link: http://www.recordstoreday.com

JohnnyL

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »

The situation regarding the Death Row Records sampler that will be released on April 18th by WIDEAwake Entertainment has finally been cleared up. The sampler is being released for free in limited quantity to be used as a promotional tool. In case you are not aware, April 18th marks Record Store Day 2009, an event to celebrate independent record stores across the country. WIDEAwake has chosen to include their sampler in this event and because of this fans will only be able to locate the item in participating stores. If you are interested in obtaining this piece of Death Row history, which includes Crooked I's unreleased song "Hood Star", head over to Record Store Day's official website to locate a participating store near you. However, we must point out that not all stores will be carrying the sampler so it is important that you call ahead for confirmation.

Link: http://www.recordstoreday.com

Good find, Effex.  This is good news.  Unfortunately for me, I'm about a two-hour drive from anywhere that's participating in Record Store Day.  If anyone out there can get their hands on an extra one and wants to sell it, send me a pm.

EFFeX

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 06:57:29 PM »
Yeah there are stores around me participating, but all the ones I contacted won't be carrying it, I'm a little upset about that. I might have to take a long ride, we'll see what happens.

JohnnyL

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
Yeah there are stores around me participating, but all the ones I contacted won't be carrying it, I'm a little upset about that. I might have to take a long ride, we'll see what happens.

Damn. That sucks, man.  I don't understand why the have to make the damn thing so hard to locate.  My thing is, I wouldn't mind driving the 2 hours to St. Louis or wherever to get the damn thing, if I knew it was going to be there.  But the way this thing seems to be a limited release, I'm not making the trip if I run the risk of the store either not carrying it or already having run out of it.

EFFeX

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 08:20:44 PM »

Damn. That sucks, man.  I don't understand why the have to make the damn thing so hard to locate.  My thing is, I wouldn't mind driving the 2 hours to St. Louis or wherever to get the damn thing, if I knew it was going to be there.  But the way this thing seems to be a limited release, I'm not making the trip if I run the risk of the store either not carrying it or already having run out of it.

Yeah, that's kind of my thing too, but who knows... We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll make the trip.

If it's free...   8)