Author Topic: [Video] Crooked I pulls plug on No Country For Old Men project  (Read 2165 times)

JohnnyL

Re: [Video] Crooked I pulls plug on No Country For Old Men project
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »
Yeah there are stores around me participating, but all the ones I contacted won't be carrying it, I'm a little upset about that. I might have to take a long ride, we'll see what happens.

Damn. That sucks, man.  I don't understand why the have to make the damn thing so hard to locate.  My thing is, I wouldn't mind driving the 2 hours to St. Louis or wherever to get the damn thing, if I knew it was going to be there.  But the way this thing seems to be a limited release, I'm not making the trip if I run the risk of the store either not carrying it or already having run out of it.

Yeah, that's kind of my thing too, but who knows... We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll make the trip.

If it's free...   8)

Good luck.

love33

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »
He didn't really say anything off beat.  I give him props for speaking the real.  I do think that Too Short, Ice Cube, Warren G, and E-40 do more for the Westcoast than Dre or Snoop.  However, Dre put The Game on and he put Bishop out there.  And Ice Cube jumped on The Game's latest album.  Also, Snoop worked with Crooked I back in the 90's (Go Listen to that "Feel So Good" track, classic).

Go listen to that last verse on the Slaughterhouse track "Move On" and listen to what Crook says about Dre's album and it's correlation to West Coast artists.  I think he's just fed up that they don't do enough.  When you look at how much energy the OG South artists put into the young dirty south players there's a huge difference.  These guys jump all over each other's records and get at each other musically even if they aren't having dinner together.

I think he is getting at the fact of album guest appearances on solo albums.  He doesn't like the fact Snoop will run to the hot producer or artist for a guest appearance before getting at Crooked I, Glasses Malone, Eastwood, Roscoe, Young Keno, Ya Boy, etc.

He's saying most have helped at a minimal level but could open more doors.  But man when I look at Too Short he will help any cat on the West and jump all over their album and get them going.  I see a little bit of truth but a lot of frustration in his comments.

He should just push that Slaughterhouse hard and hook back up with Jay-Z (Jay-Z wanted to put him on a long time ago and so did Irv Gotti) and see if he can get a major deal and do him.

Crook's biggest flaw right now is he is trying to lift the whole West Coast and lead the way but he isn't even lifting himself.  His intentions are good and he wants to lead, but you gotta lift yourself up before you go trying to lift an entire coast up.  Once he gets himself out there with Slaughterhouse, follow up with a smash solo album and do tons of guest appearances all over, then start lifting up other rappers.  One step at a time Crooked and quit talking about all this dieing shit and comparing yourself to Pac before you have an album out.

Mietek23

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 09:06:20 PM »
Man, we're hearing about all this negative Crooked I news this week.  This was also supposed to be the week that Wideawake was gonna drop that 3 track sampler with "Hoodstar" on it, but that's looking doubtful too.  That Record Store Day is now 3 days away and there hasn't been jack shit mentioned about that sampler.

The situation regarding the Death Row Records sampler that will be released on April 18th by WIDEAwake Entertainment has finally been cleared up. The sampler is being released for free in limited quantity to be used as a promotional tool. In case you are not aware, April 18th marks Record Store Day 2009, an event to celebrate independent record stores across the country. WIDEAwake has chosen to include their sampler in this event and because of this fans will only be able to locate the item in participating stores. If you are interested in obtaining this piece of Death Row history, which includes Crooked I's unreleased song "Hood Star", head over to Record Store Day's official website to locate a participating store near you. However, we must point out that not all stores will be carrying the sampler so it is important that you call ahead for confirmation.

Link: http://www.recordstoreday.com

I was about to ask WTF is going on with this shit... good find homie. So it really drops on April 18 huh?

EFFeX

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 09:10:47 PM »
According to the people that organized Record Store Day it is dropping, I contacted them directly.

Jaydc555

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 09:12:27 PM »
I can't acces the site from my phone is best buy carrying it or hmv?did you just call your local stores and ask if they were carrying the Wideawake deathrow sampler?

BIGWORM

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 09:39:11 PM »
Correct me iff I'm wrong here but Snoop put Crooked I on back in the day hooking him up with C-Style & the LBC crew. Then when the death row boat was sinking Crooked I dissed snoop in a few songs saying shit like he fucked Snoops mother or something like that. Why the fuck should Snoop even think of helping Crooked I out after that bitch move. NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU CAUSE THAT HAND DON'T GOTTA FEED YOU EVER AGAIN. Then Crooked I ghost writes a song for Dr.Dre and leaks it WTF is that.

Snoops a bitch in my opinion for that whole ratting out Tray Deee siruation and should be shot so it ant like im riding with him.

Crooked I is more talented then 95 percent of the rappers out. He needs to get his paper right put together a album and shop it around or even drop it with Kotch. He's got some loyal fans and could do big thangs if he puts something on the shelves. I ain't trying to complain because I got enough Crooked I material to last me but dude doest seem to have any business sense...

Jaydc555

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
You got it twisted crooked I told suge he would never diss snoop and dpg and then suge said you will because they will diss you first and sure enough snoop dissed crooked I first.go listen to welcome 2 da chuuuch vol 1.snoop calls crooked I a white bitch.

EFFeX

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
I can't acces the site from my phone is best buy carrying it or hmv?did you just call your local stores and ask if they were carrying the Wideawake deathrow sampler?

Those stores won't be carrying it, it's mostly independent stores, smaller shops.

When you get a chance check the website for stores that are participating in Record Store Day 2009 and then call the store to see if they will have the sampler.

It's been my luck so far that if the shop doesn't carry Hip Hop, they won't have the sampler.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »
haha but that fit is mad dope

and on the rakim note:
word was that dre wanted 50 to write for rakim and rakim wasnt havent it???

Crooked is just wearing blue he has never claimed to be affiliated with a gang and has openly said he was never a gang member.What's silly is someone like snoop yelling out crip every song when he's a married family man that lives in the burbs and coaches little league.

hahahahah that'll be the day.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »
Correct me iff I'm wrong here but Snoop put Crooked I on back in the day hooking him up with C-Style & the LBC crew. Then when the death row boat was sinking Crooked I dissed snoop in a few songs saying shit like he fucked Snoops mother or something like that. Why the fuck should Snoop even think of helping Crooked I out after that bitch move. NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU CAUSE THAT HAND DON'T GOTTA FEED YOU EVER AGAIN. Then Crooked I ghost writes a song for Dr.Dre and leaks it WTF is that.

Snoops a bitch in my opinion for that whole ratting out Tray Deee siruation and should be shot so it ant like im riding with him.

Crooked I is more talented then 95 percent of the rappers out. He needs to get his paper right put together a album and shop it around or even drop it with Kotch. He's got some loyal fans and could do big thangs if he puts something on the shelves. I ain't trying to complain because I got enough Crooked I material to last me but dude doest seem to have any business sense...

Actually, what Jaydc555 said is the story I've heard of the events that transpired.

I also heard it was Spider Loc who made the comment about fucking Snoop's mom, not Crooked.

As for the Say Dr. Dre track that leaked, that wasn't leaked by Crooked himself. He already cleared that situation up in a video interview awhile back and basically said that some computer nerd that used to roll with him somehow hacked into the computer at the studio and posted it on the internet. Crooked basically said he cut the dude from his circle afterwards.

But I agree with your assessment. His business sense is questionable. Hopefully being around SlaughterHouse will give him some leverage in getting a solo album out.

EFFeX

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2009, 10:29:06 PM »

Actually, what Jaydc555 said is the story I've heard of the events that transpired.

I also heard it was Spider Loc who made the comment about fucking Snoop's mom, not Crooked.

As for the Say Dr. Dre track that leaked, that wasn't leaked by Crooked himself. He already cleared that situation up in a video interview awhile back and basically said that some computer nerd that used to roll with him somehow hacked into the computer at the studio and posted it on the internet. Crooked basically said he cut the dude from his circle afterwards.

But I agree with your assessment. His business sense is questionable. Hopefully being around SlaughterHouse will give him some leverage in getting a solo album out.

That's basically what happened, but on a much less dramatic scale. Apparently, someone close to Crooked was storing the track's on his sites server in an unprotected folder and fans came across that song and several others. Some leaked, some did not...

Thing that's sad about it is that fans thought they were just spreading the good news, but didn't realize that they rendered the track useless.

Shows how harmful leaking can be...

On the other hand, that directory should have really been protected.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2009, 10:40:30 PM »

That's basically what happened, but on a much less dramatic scale. Apparently, someone close to Crooked was storing the track's on his sites server in an unprotected folder and fans came across that song and several others. Some leaked, some did not...

Thing that's sad about it is that fans thought they were just spreading the good news, but didn't realize that they rendered the track useless.

Shows how harmful leaking can be...

On the other hand, that directory should have really been protected.

Ouch! Didn't hear about that.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:25 PM »
Spider was the one who dissed Snoop's mom on "The Row (Y'all Hoes)" and he did a song with Spider after the fact. Crooked and Snoop had their little issues but they talked after Crook left Death Row and seemed to have cleared it up, the issue started back up when Snoop did the little interview where he spoke on Crooked in a way that Crook didn't appreciate.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 11:28:43 PM »
We all know how this beef happened, it was cleared so many times. Crooked rolled with Snoop and DPG camp for some time, then he was od DPG/DEATHROW and when Snoop and Daz left Crooked stayed on Deathrow and when all that Suge Vs Snoop thing started Crooked said he aint gonna diss Snoop and DPG, after that Snoop dissed Crooked on his mixtapes and had that crumbs of my table line etc etc, so Crooked replied with Quit Snitchin and Slap Back (wich was never released at all), after few years Crooked was released from Deathrow and started his own thing and came to Westcoast Unity Peace Conference wich Snoop organized, Crooked even shook hands with Snoop there so it seemed that it was all ok now after few years. Then Dubcc did that infamous interview and asked Snoop about Crooked, dude said Crooked isnt even from Long Beach i dont think that dude can make it blah blah, i dont feel the dude, he aint a good rapper etc etc...thats what caused the "new beef" lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

love33

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2009, 03:34:53 PM »
Daz was tighter with Crooked I in 98-2000.  Daz did a bunch of production for the "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" and was rolling with him but when Suge Knight cut Daz off he dipped out on Death Row and asked Crooked to dip out too and he said he was staying.  But Daz was originally aligned with Death Row when he recorded those tracks for his second solo which ended up popping up on "R.A.W"  The track "What It Iz" he is talking about Snoop.  Then Daz decides he's not cool with Death Row and Crook didn't follow suit well that's when Daz begged Snoop to rejoin him.  And he was threatening to leak all these tracks like the "Crook N Me" with Nate Dogg and a bunch of other tracks that Daz threatened to leak.  Daz and Crook then became enemies because of Daz's childish behavior thinking Crooked should just follow him to wherever he goes.

Crook then recorded a bunch of tracks and the disses started back and forth.  Crook had a track on his "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" album called "middle finger music" where he disses Snoop but it was never released.  Crook and Snoop exchanged disses on mixtapes ("Welcome to Tha Chuuch" series for Snoop).

To this day, Snoop ain't tight with Crook because they expected him to be like one his DPG groupies and just play follow the leader and Crook wanted to be his own man and they were coming after his career choices to be on Death Row because of their own personal feelings towards the label and just expecting Crook to be their puppet and he wasn't down with that.  I mean, look at all these people who followed Snoop none of them have good careers.  Crook saw that and he knew that he had to make his own choice as a man and he decided to roll with Suge and they all dry hated on him.  Even though he's not with Death Row, they are still dry hating on him because they were afraid he was going to blow up bigger than that whole camp and create a new movement on the West that didn't include him.