Author Topic: So I spent the night in Jail for asking cops why my brother was in handcuffs...  (Read 1333 times)

acgrundy

wow man, I command you for standing up for justice.  Unfortunately we live in a very corrupt world, and our government and justice system in this country is very corrupt.  What exactly is the crime that you have been charged with?

Yeah man, public defenders don't give 1 shit about you, or winning your case...never go w/ a public defender.

why are you talking about a jury?  You won't have a jury.  It will just be the judge deciding on the outcome of the trial.  You public defender was just telling you that stuff about jail to try and scare you into admitting guilt because it makes his job much easier.  If you fight the case, that just means more work and time for him...thats why he says that stuff to you.

I don't know what crime you have been charged with, but I can 99% assure you that you won't be going to jail.  Have you been paying attention to the news at all?  They have been letting inmates out of prisons in CA.  CA is broke.  The jails and prisons are both very costly and very overcrowded.  So yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about going to jail.

But if you really believe in justice and want to win this case then my advice would be too spend all night preparing your case.  Research the law.  Create notes, and build a case.  At the very worst it will show the judge something and at least help you out a lil' bit.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
so whats goin on wit this case?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
wow man, I command you for standing up for justice.  Unfortunately we live in a very corrupt world, and our government and justice system in this country is very corrupt.  What exactly is the crime that you have been charged with?

Yeah man, public defenders don't give 1 shit about you, or winning your case...never go w/ a public defender.

why are you talking about a jury?  You won't have a jury.  It will just be the judge deciding on the outcome of the trial.  You public defender was just telling you that stuff about jail to try and scare you into admitting guilt because it makes his job much easier.  If you fight the case, that just means more work and time for him...thats why he says that stuff to you.

I don't know what crime you have been charged with, but I can 99% assure you that you won't be going to jail.  Have you been paying attention to the news at all?  They have been letting inmates out of prisons in CA.  CA is broke.  The jails and prisons are both very costly and very overcrowded.  So yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about going to jail.

But if you really believe in justice and want to win this case then my advice would be too spend all night preparing your case.  Research the law.  Create notes, and build a case.  At the very worst it will show the judge something and at least help you out a lil' bit.

My case is going to trial in front of a Jury. Tomorrow is Jury Selection day. I am charged with allegedly violating California Penal Code 148 (a) (1) –
Willfully Delaying, or otherwise Obstructing an officer or emergency
medical technician.

The judge also said that he would offer a lesser plea and that was it, and he was serious about locking people up who do not win their case.
I did not accept that plea last week.
I've seen him give drunk drivers probation and people committing petty theft a year (I've been going to this damn courtroom for almost a year while my case has been pushed back and back for a whole bunch of reasons, I know this guy's has mood swings basically, I guess it depends the mood he is in that day)

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
so whats goin on wit this case?

I'll update tomorrow.

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
oh yeah, thanks for the feedback!

acgrundy

well, man, couple of things:

1) Too late for this, but don't wait until the night before a trial to prepare your defense
2) The cop who said he wouldn't testify...he has to testify if you summons him as a witness, it is the law.  He may not tell the truth, but he has to testify as a witness.
3)  Be honest with yourself.  You are going up against the DA.  You are going to lose this case if you represent yourself.  Don't be on Obama's Hopium...hope won't help you out.  The DA will embarrass you...especially if  you don't know anything about law and have no preparation.  Now I still don't think you will go to jail over this, but if you think you will...is it really worth it?  Now I'm all for fighting injustice too, but man, this isn't worth going to jail over.

My advice is you need to hire a lawyer if you think you will be going to jail.  This is interesting though...I never knew something like this would have a jury.  Well, so that means that you will be picking 6 members of the jury.  Remember, you are innocent until the DA proves you guilty, so you only have to convince 1 juror that you are innocent.  Be wise in your jury selection.  Look for people who highly believe in the constitution and justice.  Good luck.

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
well, man, couple of things:

1) Too late for this, but don't wait until the night before a trial to prepare your defense
2) The cop who said he wouldn't testify...he has to testify if you summons him as a witness, it is the law.  He may not tell the truth, but he has to testify as a witness.
3)  Be honest with yourself.  You are going up against the DA.  You are going to lose this case if you represent yourself.  Don't be on Obama's Hopium...hope won't help you out.  The DA will embarrass you...especially if  you don't know anything about law and have no preparation.  Now I still don't think you will go to jail over this, but if you think you will...is it really worth it?  Now I'm all for fighting injustice too, but man, this isn't worth going to jail over.

My advice is you need to hire a lawyer if you think you will be going to jail.  This is interesting though...I never knew something like this would have a jury.  Well, so that means that you will be picking 6 members of the jury.  Remember, you are innocent until the DA proves you guilty, so you only have to convince 1 juror that you are innocent.  Be wise in your jury selection.  Look for people who highly believe in the constitution and justice.  Good luck.

My defense has been set since day one, I wrote out a whole 6 page report basically on what happened and different types of defenses I could use and used examples of previous similar cases and their outcomes.

The cop is going to testify, as well as the detective and the officer I was talking to at first. (I was talking to one cop, and the arresting officer heard me yelling at him and went on a power trip and arrested me) - to my knowledge they will all be there.

I honestly do not see what the D.A. has against me other than the officers testimony. there are no special witnesses, if anything I will have more witnesses and character witnesses that she does.
And its a 12 person Jury, this all has been pretty much embedded in my head since June, lol. again i've been in and out of that damn courtroom since then over this bs. 

acgrundy

What the DA has against you is he knows the law inside and out.  That right there is in itself the reason why you will lose the case.  Its not about what is fair or what is justice, it is about knowing the laws and practicing law.  Like I said man, I think the DA is going to embarrass you.  I'm not trying to say that to diss you...there is a reason why lawyers charge so much money.  If regular people could just represent themselves, then lawyers would have to lower their fees...but that is not the case.

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
What the DA has against you is he knows the law inside and out.  That right there is in itself the reason why you will lose the case.  Its not about what is fair or what is justice, it is about knowing the laws and practicing law.  Like I said man, I think the DA is going to embarrass you.  I'm not trying to say that to diss you...there is a reason why lawyers charge so much money.  If regular people could just represent themselves, then lawyers would have to lower their fees...but that is not the case.

I've seen her work too, she's very laid back, but gets respect and attention because she is a very good talker (And Really Hot) - there is law and there is the truth, they can't hide the truth behind all their law jargon . I have video proof and evidence, if they have the video of the event then I am set, but they do not.
 I'm still on the fence about this, I'm hearing from a lot of people on things I should do/not do. I appreciate your feedback

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Shit, what did your brother allegedly do to get himself handcuffed in the middle of the street, with 12 cops at your pad? lol.

Shit, when my lil bro had his case, it seemed like it was him against the cops, the judge and the legal aid who was representing him, not to mention the other random lawyers who were there. They had everything sussed, it was like a drive through.

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
Shit, what did your brother allegedly do to get himself handcuffed in the middle of the street, with 12 cops at your pad? lol.

Shit, when my lil bro had his case, it seemed like it was him against the cops, the judge and the legal aid who was representing him, not to mention the other random lawyers who were there. They had everything sussed, it was like a drive through.

There was a fight down the street with some kid reppin some gang trying to act hard and the neighborhood kids put him in his place. if you check the pic it was near the green truck, my brother was walking to his girls house down the street and was crossing the street when the cops all rolled up, It's a small city, so no matter what the entire force comes down when something goes on, no matter what it is, even if you were getting a speeding ticket, there are usually 3 sheriff cars rolling up.

they just assumed it was him because he was walking down the street and they couldn't find any other neighborhood kid to put it on. the dude and dude's girlfriend even yelled at the cops that it wasn't him (I would have them both as witnesses, but they moved out to Virginia or somewhere out east)

Sikotic™

Look homie, you got fucked plain and simple. And honestly, there ain't shit you can do about it without the proper defense (of course, public pretenders ain't shit).

Present your case the best you possible can. That is all you can do. Like Grundy said, CA is broke. I know a dude that got 1 year for identity theft last month. He only spent 4 days in jail and now he's out on probation and did like 1 week community service.

You're facing half that sentence for a lesser charge. Even IF they convict you and give you 6 months, you're not gonna spend more than a couple of days in jail.

I know its easy for me to say because I'm not facing those charges, but believe me when I tell you that even if you get the worst case scenario, you will not face anywhere near that jail time.

Props for not giving in to the bullshit pleas. Keep your head up and do your best in court tomorrow. It's gonna all work itself out, even if you have a dickhead judge proceeding.

And fuck that bitch ass Gabriel Ingleseas lookin muthafucka in the videos. He's obviously a dick.

Good Luck, man.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
damn police overstepping their mark?? did you know the earth is infact round?

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Damn, thats a pretty fucked up situation... & a prime example why the majority of people dont have faith in the law or justice system.. good luck with the case and hope things work out for you man!!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha sik you a fool
you dont like fat n fluffy?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.