Poll

Should topics be posted in the "Sports" or "Entertainment" section?

Sports
Entertainment

Author Topic: WWE  (Read 901 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

WWE
« on: April 14, 2009, 02:22:20 PM »
After all, it IS Sports Entertainment.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: WWE
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »
110% entertainment; its fixed, lmao.

how does that take skill? :P

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:34:07 PM »

Of course it takes skill

Rudki

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »

it takes more athleticism, strength, power and speed than you can image.

do yourself a favour and search 'rob van dam' on youtube and then ask that same question  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 06:42:15 PM »
LOL what? :D

how does it take skill to win a fixed fight & not even like with the officiating making it fixed, but both fighters in the ring are aware of each others moves & what happens next & who wins the fight before it starts lol.

Big Show = not athletic or fast

Rey Mysterio = not strong & has no power

everybody has there own role & personality for the fans.

i could go to Vince & say look here is my character, here is my finisher, i think i can draw a big fan base & within a year i could convince the writers to give me the WWE belt lmao. :laugh:

westsiderider323

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 07:39:38 PM »

how does it take skill to win a fixed fight & not even like with the officiating making it fixed, but both fighters in the ring are aware of each others moves & what happens next & who wins the fight before it starts lol.

i could go to Vince & say look here is my character, here is my finisher, i think i can draw a big fan base & within a year i could convince the writers to give me the WWE belt lmao. :laugh:

u gotta at least b inshape but yea its more of an entertainment thing

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »

It takes skill to make the fight look as real or good as possible.  There is also competition among the Wrestlers to see who gets more air time, who gets called up.  Not just any random fuck can go to the top, you gotta have something going on.  Not only are Wrestlers actors, but they gotta sell matches and mostly all of them are in top condition. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 07:59:16 PM »

It takes skill to make the fight look as real or good as possible.  There is also competition among the Wrestlers to see who gets more air time, who gets called up.  Not just any random fuck can go to the top, you gotta have something going on.  Not only are Wrestlers actors, but they gotta sell matches and mostly all of them are in top condition. 

thats my point though, they are actors.

it takes skill to do what they do, i was mistaken when i said it didnt; but that still doesnt make it a sport.

its purely entertainment; some are in great shape, but then the best (Cena, HHH, Batista, Orton, etc.) are all on steroids anyway.

but they entertain me, so i guess its still why i tune in every week. :P

herpes

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 08:52:46 PM »
Lawerence Taylor one of the greatest linebackers of all time said his match at wrestlemania was one of the hardest things he has ever done in his life.  The outcome may be fixed but to act like these guys aren't skilled and aren't athletes is ridiculous.  Now back to the topic at hand... this is one of those trick questions isn't it lol.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
Best sig ever ^

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 05:10:42 AM »
Best sig ever ^

dont get pumped Tommy, he is NOT talking about Johan. :P :D

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
It's the storytelling aspect of wrestling that makes it the most difficult. You can get any motherfucker to do a flip or jump through a flaming table, but if it doesn't have any meaning then who gives a shit?

That's the part of wrestling that's a dying art form: most of the "entertainers" couldn't tell a story if their life depended on it.

As for if it's "sports" or "entertainment", that's all subjective. It's definitely not 100% of either.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 09:22:58 AM »
theres no doubt it takes skill, and even athletisism...but does that make it a "sport"?

Like Chamillitary said...the outcome IS fixed.  How can a sport have a script?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 09:24:30 AM »
It's the storytelling aspect of wrestling that makes it the most difficult. You can get any motherfucker to do a flip or jump through a flaming table, but if it doesn't have any meaning then who gives a shit?

That's the part of wrestling that's a dying art form: most of the "entertainers" couldn't tell a story if their life depended on it.

As for if it's "sports" or "entertainment", that's all subjective. It's definitely not 100% of either.

Jeff Hardy...great example.  Great athlete, exciting to watch, great in the ring....shitty on the mic lol

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »

it takes more athleticism, strength, power and speed than you can image.

do yourself a favour and search 'rob van dam' on youtube and then ask that same question  8)

so does Break Dancing.  ;)

btw, isnt RVD a fuckin drug addict...and not just steroids lol