Author Topic: (Audio) Shonie "Can't Let Go" Featuring Fabolous! (Def Jam New Signing)  (Read 62 times)

Lunatic

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1492/56/

New single from the recent Def Jam signing, Shonie...

Raptalk.Net just received this brand new hot track from Def Jam signing, Shonie! The track is titled "Can't Let Go" and features New York heavyweight Fabolous as the guest appearance!

Download "Can't Let Go" Here:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/58745145a6f11969/

Here is some more information on Shonie below...

From South Bronx to Miami, her neighborhood to Slip N’ Slide Records, people have taken note: Shonie can sing. After moving to Miami with her family at age nine, Shonie joined her church’s choir, where here immense vocal talents first became apparent to her and those around her. "My mom was heavily involved in the church, so it was only right that I join the church choir. It was at that time that my mom noticed my ability to carry a note," Shonie explains.  "She had me sing in front of different people to see if they would get the same reaction as she had after listening to me sing at church and around the house, and they all had the same response by saying, "That girl can SING!!!"

I had written my first song when I was 9 years old and finally got the chance to record it when my mom arranged for me to go into a real studio."

Despite her success in the choir, Shonie never set out to become a gospel superstar; instead, she planned on hitting it big as a female rapper.  Shonie has released a nationally distributed mix tape, hosted by DJ Khaled, and collaborated with artists like Flo Rida, B5, Trick Daddy, and Trina, with whom she sang on "Wish I Never Met You."

Since then, Shonie has set her sights on pop and R&B stardom, and plans on "branding herself as one of the greatest female entertainers…in this industry." Shonie’s sound combines disparate influences like Aaliyah, Missy Elliot, Beyoncé, and Betty Wright, with lyrics that show she’s unafraid of being revelatory and raw in the recording studio.  "I want to be known as the popular songstress that is respected for the sincerity that comes through my music," Shonie explains.

Whatever the venue or genre, one thing is certain: Shonie is here to stay.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com