Author Topic: Suge Knight  (Read 3160 times)

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Suge Knight
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
thats the shit im talkin bout... these mothafuckaz plotted 2 take down suge with the help of illumaniti member snoop.. how u think he got off a murder charge? n he say it in MWTC when he say sumthin like he sold his soul 2 the devil... his music went from street shit 2 commercial shit.. but i bet half of u r 2 dumb 2 understand shit like that..

my eyes are hurting
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

slickrik2002

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 12:37:26 PM »
get rid of that annoying ass red font you fag

ha yeah that shit's annoying but aint on a faggish tip....i'm surprised effex dude dont have somethin else to say....usually on these boards all day ready to say somethin. i'm sure he's alright but kinda a crook groupie

I'm a Crooked groupie? What about you, your repping a man that would probably bitch slap you if you asked when the next album was dropping.

Suge don't care about the music anymore, he just wants to run around on some mafia tip.

ha yeah you are and you see him talking to regular people all the time.  crooked i's only real shot at getting big was from suge knight

Jimmy H.

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 12:42:34 PM »
alotta ppl hate Big Suge but they 4get wat he did 4 hip hop n the westcoast.. he put the west on the map!!! alotta these ungreatfull motherfukaz bitin the hand that fed em n havent done shit since they left deathrow..

has snoop released anything like doggystyle ever since???
the dpg r wack as fuck n the only shit that was half decent was on deathow..
suge n deathrow put albums out- real street shit.. with deathrow behind em these artists went all out n repped the west to the fullest, but nowadays snoop dont rep the west! he lives in ny! he aint in longbeach!

suge gave mothafukaz with talent a platform, ppl who wouldnt get anywhere!! he gave ex-cons a means to feed they family coz no 1 gonna give a black ex-con a job no place!

alotta u fuckerz r ungrateful 4 wat suge did for the west coz as i can gather u all dpg fans.. but u need a reality check!!!

deathrow was the label n suge took it n the west to the top.. theres 2 much 2 write in 1 post but its SAD 2 see that such a great empire n dynasty had 2 collapse coz of sellouts n corporate america!! n wat the fuk does wideawake know about deathrow n street music!! they just gonna destroy the catalogue n release some wack shit!! hiphop will never b the same.. 
  Uh, the West Coast was already on the map for years before there was even a Death Row. Suge helped bring it to the next level with Death Row but let's not pretend like he single-handedly reinvented the face of music. The guy got shit done, no question, but the artists, producers, and others involved helped as well.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »
Executive Produced by Suge Knight means in 1992 - 1997 great music!! you cant compare it to aftermath or other shitty label today. Death Row was like a religion for a lot of people. it was like a war symbol against the mainstream in every place in the world...
That's part of the problem. In its most popular stages, Death Row was as mainstream as every other label that other people criticize. People prefer its sound over the stuff that replaced it over the next decade and change but while they were a change from some of the more traditional labels, they were still a mainstream label that was under the umbrella of one of the biggest record companies in the world. As a businessman, Suge was like none other but there was practically a guaranteed shelf life to how long that would last.

When you have Dr. Dre whose name value as a producer is worth millions and you're continuing to roll out platinum releases, people will kind of let you behave in whatever manner you want. Success allows people a kind of freedom. There's too much money involved for the labels to care whether Suge really smacked somebody up or not.

I think the "blackball" situation is a little convient in some cases. I think the Murder Inc / Death Row / Rap-A-Lot deal didn't happen because it was three powerful CEO's who couldn't come to a business agreement. Three labels like that means three egos. Bottom line if the deal was worth money to Def Jam, Interscope, or whoever, they would have taken it. I'm definitely not arguing that labels were weary of doing business with Knight because of how the F.B.I. was fucking with him or his constant legal troubles but there was still a means for Death Row to do business. Suge's name held value. Death Row still had distribution to hit every major retail market out there. They weren't gonna get MTV or national radio love like they use to but even if they got into  a partnership with a major, it still would have been tricky at that point.

MediumL

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2009, 01:06:44 PM »
fuck suge. yer he gave money to help start dr and hooked up pac wit dr but alotta shit that fucked up dr and the west coast was down to him.

a) why the fuck make it an all out west vs east beef
b) guy cant take credit for doggystyle/chronic etc he didnt do shit
c) guy brought a bad rep to the west led to alotta people gettin blackballed
d) put alotta dr projects on hold for other shit like christmas on dr smh (Nates, Dre & Cube, Chronic 2 etc)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2009, 05:17:28 PM »
I think there is too much an emphasis on who or what caused the demise of the label Deathrow.  Just like everything in life and especially music labels or artist, had its peak in the 90s and had no where to go but down.

Motown, Def Jam, were rulers of the respective industries at one point as well.  Every good thing eventually comes to a end.

People want to discredit the man because of what is in the present but he started that shit and was excellent at being the executive and choosing talent.  Deathrow took two or three steps above what previous labels had done and continue to be one of the most copied labels the way business is done today.

Bad Boy, No Limit, Roc-a-fella, Murder Inc...all I'm sure will show props to Suge Knight for a map to success.

You put hip hop artistry strictly in the hands of these big rich executives that don't have any sense of what the true form of our music is and you get the music of today.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »
thats the shit im talkin bout... these mothafuckaz plotted 2 take down suge with the help of illumaniti member snoop.. how u think he got off a murder charge? n he say it in MWTC when he say sumthin like he sold his soul 2 the devil... his music went from street shit 2 commercial shit.. but i bet half of u r 2 dumb 2 understand shit like that..

LOL LOL LOL your a fucking fag

SNOOP A MEMBER OF THE ILLUMINATI HSAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Muhfukka

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2009, 09:42:18 PM »
only bloods post in red

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »
eurowiggers run this board

someone from poland arguing with someone from germany over whos more of a blood gangmember and more GANG$TER

lmfao

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2009, 12:11:49 AM »
I think there is too much an emphasis on who or what caused the demise of the label Deathrow.  Just like everything in life and especially music labels or artist, had its peak in the 90s and had no where to go but down.

Motown, Def Jam, were rulers of the respective industries at one point as well.  Every good thing eventually comes to a end.

People want to discredit the man because of what is in the present but he started that shit and was excellent at being the executive and choosing talent.  Deathrow took two or three steps above what previous labels had done and continue to be one of the most copied labels the way business is done today.

Bad Boy, No Limit, Roc-a-fella, Murder Inc...all I'm sure will show props to Suge Knight for a map to success.

You put hip hop artistry strictly in the hands of these big rich executives that don't have any sense of what the true form of our music is and you get the music of today.

copy a successful formula, really?
so there are other CEO's that chose to wear a red dress, gather a few tough guys & steal contracts?

Jaydc555

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2009, 12:19:05 AM »
And if he didn't do that your bf dre would have been stuck being eazy es bitch and wouldn't have had the chance to steal big hutchs ideas and make the chronic.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2009, 12:28:57 AM »
You really think it was much different back then? The music might have been different but the executives were still calling the shots then.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »
And if he didn't do that your bf dre would have been stuck being eazy es bitch and wouldn't have had the chance to steal big hutchs ideas and make the chronic.
again, i'm not NIK so try again  ;)

all jokes aside, do you really think Dre had more freedom at death row, than he had with ruthless?  :loco: do you use crack?

also, after Dre ran away, Eazy-E actually managed to get 25% off of Dre's sales, after negotiating with interscope.

you don't have to be Einstein to figure out that Dre would have been better off if he had renegotiated with Ruthless Records.

Jaydc555

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2009, 01:16:08 AM »
You really think dre would have been better off staying at ruthless?now who's smoking crack.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2009, 01:31:41 AM »
You really think dre would have been better off staying at ruthless?now who's smoking crack.
hehe, nice try to turn it around but you failed.

first of all, i never stated that the only option is that Dre should have stayed: renegotiating is not equal to staying.
i mean, one of the possibilities is, that they would have parted ways.

2nd, you're assuming that Dre got ripped off at Ruthless, as you have no proper base for it.

Dre felt this way, which is something different.
however, he never told this to Eazy or Jerry, yet he did plan his escape secretly.
so he basically turned his back to the negotiation table.

look you could argue whether Dre got paid for was worth, with the contract he had, but that's subjective & difficult to determine.

but it's a fact that Dre wanted a spot like Eazy's + get paid as much as Eazy-E.
that isn't fair, as Dre didn't run Ruthless.