Author Topic: "WE MADE YOU" = no buzz at all !!!!!  (Read 1870 times)

midwestryder

Re: "WE MADE YOU" = no buzz at all !!!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2009, 07:59:07 AM »
I live in the midwest where it is very hard for an artist to get play out here.  The only rappers that get play out here are the clown ass snappin and poppin, club rappers, Souljah Boy, southern Lil Wayne type artists get play.  Even "Crack A Bottle" received no radio play out here.  And if Eminem came out with a darker single, I know it would have a hard time getting play out here.

But "We Made You" is all over the radio here in the midwest!  Shit is blowin up!   So if it's gettin play in the midwest I know it's getting play all over the country.

And I'm happy for that because at least Eminem understands hip-hop culture and it's history, and gives love to the pioneers.  He's got real skills and talent, and he's paid his dues.  He's trying to be creative and he had to do a song like this to set up his album, just like the other 4 that came before.  He's got to stick to what works. 

So I won't judge Eminem according to the first single.  I will judge him based on his whole album.  If it's even close to the level of his first 3 then that could really bring the whole hip-hop industry back to life.  But if it is another Encore THEN I will be hugely dissapointed.
i also live in midwest aka st louis & they were playing the crap out of Crack A Bottle on the radio. it was all over st louis radio stations . so it was only in your part of the midwest they did not play it . where in the midwest do you live?

Moe

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 08:38:30 AM »
I live in the midwest where it is very hard for an artist to get play out here.  The only rappers that get play out here are the clown ass snappin and poppin, club rappers, Souljah Boy, southern Lil Wayne type artists get play.  Even "Crack A Bottle" received no radio play out here.  And if Eminem came out with a darker single, I know it would have a hard time getting play out here.

But "We Made You" is all over the radio here in the midwest!  Shit is blowin up!   So if it's gettin play in the midwest I know it's getting play all over the country.

And I'm happy for that because at least Eminem understands hip-hop culture and it's history, and gives love to the pioneers.  He's got real skills and talent, and he's paid his dues.  He's trying to be creative and he had to do a song like this to set up his album, just like the other 4 that came before.  He's got to stick to what works. 

So I won't judge Eminem according to the first single.  I will judge him based on his whole album.  If it's even close to the level of his first 3 then that could really bring the whole hip-hop industry back to life.  But if it is another Encore THEN I will be hugely dissapointed.
i also live in midwest aka st louis & they were playing the crap out of Crack A Bottle on the radio. it was all over st louis radio stations . so it was only in your part of the midwest they did not play it . where in the midwest do you live?
maybe st louis is the only place in the midwest playing it.

midwestryder

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2009, 10:10:04 AM »

or maybe his area in the midwest is only place not playing it

Moe

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2009, 10:43:23 AM »

or maybe his area in the midwest is only place not playing it
yeah, thats what i ment