Author Topic: [NEW] Clipse - Kinda Like A Big Deal feat. Kanye West (Produced by DJ Khalil)  (Read 980 times)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Khalil is a monster right now. Love the bass.
I knew he wouldn't disappoint since the moment this song was announced, Clipse are dope, Kanye is meh

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Paul

Khalil is the best producer in the game right now
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
dooopeeeeee shiiiieeeeet  8)

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
Real good joint!! beat is nice and original  8)

The problem ??? Not strong enough to be a single IMO, the hook aint right.

Good album cut though!!

..and I'm feeling Kanye had some touches on the beat
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:12:54 PM by Reventón Bogotá Rolla »

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Paul

After a few spins apart from the beat theres nothin too great about this track
funkyfreshintheflesh

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
vintage khalil sounds on this. very chilled head nodder and kanye was surprisingly good, he just needs to do his own gay fish song now :laugh:

Vintage? This is a real different sound for khalil, sounds like its got a touch of Kanye or Timbo. Tracks ill, Khalil finna take the game

Digital Pimpin'

This is dope 8)...not as good as was hyped but a banger nonetheless.

Still waiting on a full version of Don't Know The Code CDQ...that one's shaping up real niiiice.

Matty

nah there's not really anything new going on here in terms of khalil's sound, not that that's a bad thing in any way at all. the guitar, organ, drums, synth and vocal sounds are very familiar khalil territory - a strong rock influence. you can hear these elements all over his discography.

nice track though! 8)

but i think that defari track really upped the anticipation for what people were expecting from this one. imo its the right vibe for a clipse track and very catchy. good shit.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
 8) Nice Track!!!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nah there's not really anything new going on here in terms of khalil's sound, not that that's a bad thing in any way at all. the guitar, organ, drums, synth and vocal sounds are very familiar khalil territory - a strong rock influence. you can hear these elements all over his discography.

nice track though! 8)

but i think that defari track really upped the anticipation for what people were expecting from this one. imo its the right vibe for a clipse track and very catchy. good shit.

Yeah true, I see what you're saying now, I guess cos its different to what hes been dropping more recently. Yeah that Defari track had me thinking this was gonna be on some super next level shit...

jeromechickenbone

Interesting, i'll have to listen to it a few times and let it marinade.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
Yeah, I'm loving this track right now.
The Clipse will for sure come with another great album.
My Future Wife:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

nice track though! 8)

It's actually more of a throw back Khalil vibe wouldn't you say ? Before he started using Reason and doing beats on some Mars planet shit like I'll Still Kill, Esco What It Is, City Lights, On Top Now.... For example Da Shit from Game sounds simillar.

Matty

definitely, there are plenty of older khalil joints that have a similar vibe to this. the newer, spacier bangers ones are distinctly different. however, the drums and synth sounds on here are more in tune with his recent beats.

Al Bundy

this song kinda sucks