Author Topic: Iranian President accused the West of using the Holocaust as a pretext....  (Read 563 times)

Rprcnt.cold.Nnorth

• Lil Geezy
  • spell Master
I fell a sleep on day on my keyboard, 3 years, long time gone. Any way. Iranian president got some pretty strong words, he made all eu people leave in protest and all. Except one of them. So I look at him as the guy that takes over the show, as he enter the door. lol

BTW: on topic, western leaders who stick their heads in the sand, are the real cowards. "Don't nothing to do with it, never heard of it." Some body got to teach them EU cowards how it's done.

north regards

--->@I to da geezy
"
This is where more democratic states differ from dictatorships. The propaganda in dictatorships is basically used to make public the government line, if you don't follow they'll use force against you. In more democratic states, like the United States, UK, etc propaganda is disseminated and produced in a much more decentralized fashion. Instead of State directed propaganda, we have Media corporations which work under institutional constraints.In their everyday functioning they are directed by profit orientation, which in turn forces them to take into account the views of advertisers and official sources (which are the cheapest ones)  . Despite these institutional differences between dictatorial and democratic countries, the media products are strinkingly similar. Try to find a mainstream media product condemning the use of force in international affairs on principled grounds (as opposed to opposition on grounds of cost-benefit analysis). I did a small study of on the mainstream Israeli media to see whether there's any principled condemnation of the possible use of force against Iran. Even at the dovish extreme, people who were critical of a possible attack on Iran, all there was was a cost benefit analysis, no principled critique.
"
Propaganda does no harm against thir own populaion, in an "open" nation like Iran, aslong as there is an global economy under the hood. Try to spend some time with people in Tehran, and you quickly find out that it's no biggie. It's all on automatic, like home, and you find your way around. The strage part is that, everyone look at you as you are black in a red-neck party in the 50s. lol. No biggie as long as your not Israel, English, American or one of the secret smugle(agents) nations. (Enuff side-track.)

"
So yeah, the decentralized version of propaganda we find in democratic states is probably even more effective than dictatorial propaganda, because we have an illusion of diversity,  whatever's out of the discussion becomes often unimaginable to many people.So the official line becomes like the air you breathe. Though this is not to say people actually buy all of it. In Israel it seems to be the case.In contrast, in the US, the government is typically way to the right of the population, something that shows up on polls.
"
So whats the best nation, the one with the best ballance?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:56:49 AM by Rprcnt.cold.Nnorth »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Well, it depends on the kind of media institutions each country has. But generally, the freer the country the more its media are susceptible to public pressure. It's not that media corporations care about the public interest, but when the corporate world begins to suffer from public discontent, embodied in organization and activism, then the mainstream media shift so as to accomodate the concerns of the corporate community. During the Vietnam war there was no criticism directed at the war untill like the late 60s. The first criticism of the war appeared after the corporate world began to feel the consequences of the war, namely it became costly. The media responded by allowing a limited, highly tactical, form of criticism. So it is certainly easier to influence media content, and public affairs in general, in relative democracies like the ones I mentioned before, where typically the propaganda is much more pervasive.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
iranians are sick of his palestine ass kissin....instead of spending money on his own country, he sends it away to palestinians who dont even back him up
how can a country so rich with oil be running low on it?? its fuckin ridiculous...every young person in iran wants to leave to country to anywhere!

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
iranians are sick of his palestine ass kissin....instead of spending money on his own country, he sends it away to palestinians who dont even back him up
how can a country so rich with oil be running low on it?? its fuckin ridiculous...every young person in iran wants to leave to country to anywhere!

its tru, my parents hate the guy, anyone can agree with what he says, but the bottom line is Iran's economy sucks and it shouldn't....all our money goes into hezbollah etc......when it could go into our economy.