Author Topic: (*UPDATED*) Nas - Hope Original w/ Beat Produced by Wyldfyer CDQ FULL  (Read 1053 times)

Efrain

---**UPDATE**---

First off thanks for the replies, glad people liked it.  

Second, at 2nd glance I really rushed the mix below and had to revisit it to do it justice. Because people are feeling this I went back and gave this a proper mix and mastering, front to back, end to end--PROPER. Sonically, the track sounds much more SOLID now, clear, balanced, rich. The drums are mixed (well!), I custom eq'd nearly every track, adjusted/tightened up the vocals, dropped out the low end, used more focused limiting and punchier compression. Now, you'll actually be able to burn this and play it in your car and it might sound like it came from a store bought CD. Apologies for being indecisive and making you download this again but it IS WORTH IT! Huge difference in quality.

Enjoy (again)  :)

(Nas Hope OG Redux...pt. 3 VOLUME FIX... FINAL!)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/682985256a70cc65/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story with this track is the original was produced by Wyldfyer but DefJam couldn't clear the sample (Friends of Distinction: “And I Love Him”) in time so they just threw the acapella on the album instead. Some time after, Wyldfyer put the original track WITH the beat on his myspace page and it flooded all over the net. He then removed it, presumably to avoid stepping on toes or creating legal problems, so now the track only exists as a lonely, degraded, un-mixed, myspace mp3 rip lurking in the shadows of the internet. So what we’re left with is a fairly unlistenable song, really only suitable for reference…. until now.

Using the sample I recreated the beat using my own interpolation and laid the vocals over it. If you’ve ever heard the version Wyldfyer posted you’ll notice several differences here. 1) the drums are different on this one, 2) there’s additional instrumentation on this one, 3) this is mixed, 4) this is all done by me, 5) this is CDQ  :)

Original Production: Wyldfyer    
Produced by: Me
Mixed by: Me

--old link removed--
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:47:20 PM by Efrain »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas - Hope Original w/ Beat Produced by Wyldfyer CDQ FULL
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
This is nice, props for all the troubles   :bandit:

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:23:17 PM »
this is mad dope.  too bad more of the album didn't have this jazzy-esque production. 

you should do a remix of Hip-Hop is Dead album and Kingdom Come album.  I loved the MIck Boogie American Gangster mix with Marvin Gaye. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 03:28:52 PM »
Lol.   What a coincidence, I just requested the original yesterday.  No doubt you have it, can you post Wyldfyer's verson?

Efrain

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 03:57:19 PM »
I don't have the mp3 anymore and can't find it.

Here's a link to a site that still has it up.
http://www.defsounds.com/singles/Nas_hope_original_version

Al Bundy

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 10:11:12 PM »

Efrain is the homie. Props on this one

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 10:55:46 PM »
better than the original, thanks

mrkmaidog

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »
dope. good lookin with this.

Efrain

Re: (*UPDATED*) Nas - Hope Original w/ Beat Produced by Wyldfyer CDQ FULL
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 05:09:06 AM »
Updated 1st post, improved track, new link.

LONDON!!!

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 01:02:43 PM »
---**UPDATE**---

First off thanks for the replies, glad people liked it. 

Second, at 2nd glance I really rushed the mix below and had to revisit it to do it justice. Because people are feeling this I went back and gave this a proper mix and mastering, front to back, end to end--PROPER. Sonically, the track sounds much more SOLID now, clear, balanced, rich. The drums are mixed (well!), I custom eq'd nearly every track, adjusted/tightened up the vocals, dropped out the low end, used more focused limiting and punchier compression. Now, you'll actually be able to burn this and play it in your car and it might sound like it came from a store bought CD. Apologies for being indecisive and making you download this again but it IS WORTH IT! Huge difference in quality.

Enjoy (again)  :)

(Nas Hope OG Redux...pt. Deux )
http://www.zshare.net/audio/59065994e035c138/     

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story with this track is the original was produced by Wyldfyer but DefJam couldn't clear the sample (Friends of Distinction: “And I Love Him”) in time so they just threw the acapella on the album instead. Some time after, Wyldfyer put the original track WITH the beat on his myspace page and it flooded all over the net. He then removed it, presumably to avoid stepping on toes or creating legal problems, so now the track only exists as a lonely, degraded, un-mixed, myspace mp3 rip lurking in the shadows of the internet. So what we’re left with is a fairly unlistenable song, really only suitable for reference…. until now.

Using the sample I recreated the beat using my own interpolation and laid the vocals over it. If you’ve ever heard the version Wyldfyer posted you’ll notice several differences here. 1) the drums are different on this one, 2) there’s additional instrumentation on this one, 3) this is mixed, 4) this is all done by me, 5) this is CDQ  :)

Original Production: Wyldfyer     
Produced by: Me
Mixed by: Me

--old link removed--

props, this is better than the original, more crisper sounding

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 06:27:23 PM »
Way better than your first posting, and better than the original.  the only gripe I have is you should pitchshift the sample higher then it is.  In the original song the sample gives that old-time high frequency radio feeling with the higher pitched sample....

Ronny

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 06:28:02 PM »
Nas still dat nigga!  8)

Efrain

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 07:57:29 PM »
Way better than your first posting, and better than the original.  the only gripe I have is you should pitchshift the sample higher then it is.  In the original song the sample gives that old-time high frequency radio feeling with the higher pitched sample....

Yeah the beat sounds great now. Deff happy with it. And btw everyone was right the volume was too low before, I uploaded the wrong file. Here is the correct one with the correct vocal volume. Haha, ready for DL # 3?? Last one I promise! (link above updated as well)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/682985256a70cc65/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:47:44 PM by Efrain »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »
doper!

edit:

i really dig this because the various drums get shined and you can hear the difference in them.  too many cats just mix shit and it all sounds butt fucked up.  this is crisp and clear.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 08:16:43 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Tha Crip

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 12:53:32 AM »
Can we get a re-up, i need this  8)