Author Topic: Phiasko Vs Sccit **BeaT BattlE**  (Read 195 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Phiasko Vs Sccit **BeaT BattlE**
« on: July 29, 2002, 10:18:52 AM »
Everyone knows I'm not much of a producer, but I saw Phiasko made a "Challenge" thread to whoever wanted to beat battle him, and I figured I'd battle him, even though i have great odds against me...The rules are:

1.First too 7 voted

2.No KO's

3.The Beat has too be longer than a minute, and shorter than 4...

4.Anyone can vote (as long as it's a fair/honest vote)

The beat's due in a week...I'm already done with mine...Be prepared ya'll...PeAcE!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

+[=PHI@SK0=]+

Re: Phiasko Vs Sccit **BeaT BattlE**
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2002, 01:30:42 PM »
Wadup, that was quick. I made mine as soon as I saw this thread, nothing special, pretty simple beat but dope with a nice hip-hop feel. Anyways, I called out this battle and you made all the rules, lol, nah it's cool tho, I just got one rule: NO SAMPLING FROM DRE BEATS OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. So if you did, go remake it, sorry, but thats my only condition. If you need me to upload your beat let me know, if not then post yours and I'll put up mine. ONE!
Please visit http://www.hubba.com/phiasko to download/listen to quality beats and remixes produced but Phiasko.[/glow]
Naz-T - Frontline LP (Coming Soon)
http://www.nazt-and-phiasko.cjb.net
Produced by: Phiasko
[/glow]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 05:13:33 PM »
+ link=board=audiobattle;num=1027973932;start=0#1 date=07/29/02 at 18:30:42]Wadup, that was quick. I made mine as soon as I saw this thread, nothing special, pretty simple beat but dope with a nice hip-hop feel. Anyways, I called out this battle and you made all the rules, lol, nah it's cool tho, I just got one rule: NO SAMPLING FROM DRE BEATS OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. So if you did, go remake it, sorry, but thats my only condition. If you need me to upload your beat let me know, if not then post yours and I'll put up mine. ONE!

No instrument samples? WTF kind of rule is that? So it's ok for Jsteez/Mind Zen too rip a whole melody and add a drum loop, but it's not ok for me too use the same instruments as Dre? That's straight bullshit if u ask me...It's not like Dre invinted those instruments...Many artists use Dre's instruments(Fredwreck, Meech Well etc)...but whatever...I already made the beat, so if it's like that, than the battles off...

+[=PHI@SK0=]+

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 05:18:43 PM »
okay fine, use ur Dre samples... it's different if your using the same sample CD as dre or if your ripping samples str8 out of his song. First of all you can't compare it to RZA and DJ Premier because their not ripping sounds and samples from modern music. Second of all it's illegal to do what your doing. Third of all, what your ripping is a combination of sounds, even tho it doesn't sound like it, and that combination of sounds is copywrited by Dre so yes they do belong to Dre. For example that piano u sampled from him that you got from FindSounds is a chord that he made not a sound. Im not gonna argue about this, but thats wack to sample from modern day artists, especially from hip-hop! Ask anybody.
Please visit http://www.hubba.com/phiasko to download/listen to quality beats and remixes produced but Phiasko.[/glow]
Naz-T - Frontline LP (Coming Soon)
http://www.nazt-and-phiasko.cjb.net
Produced by: Phiasko
[/glow]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 05:33:58 PM »
+ link=board=audiobattle;num=1027973932;start=0#3 date=07/29/02 at 22:18:43]okay fine, use ur Dre samples... it's different if your using the same sample CD as dre or if your ripping samples str8 out of his song. First of all you can't compare it to RZA and DJ Premier because their not ripping sounds and samples from modern music. Second of all it's illegal to do what your doing. Third of all, what your ripping is a combination of sounds, even tho it doesn't sound like it, and that combination of sounds is copywrited by Dre so yes they do belong to Dre. For example that piano u sampled from him that you got from FindSounds is a chord that he made not a sound. Im not gonna argue about this, but thats wack to sample from modern day artists, especially from hip-hop! Ask anybody.

LoL...I'd get sued? Big Fuckin Whoop, 50% of samples used are sue-able samples...Plus Its not sampling my friend...Its called using the same sounds...I created the melody, and everything, and just used the same instrument as Dre...Wtvr...If you're gunna keep complaining about this, than lets just call the battle off...But if you're not gunna complain anymore, than it's still on...Lets make it Your decision...

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 01:31:07 PM »
LOL:...