Author Topic: ~I-Bo Win!!!~ I-Bo Vs. DJ Jay Deee!! BEAT  Battle!  (Read 244 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

~I-Bo Win!!!~ I-Bo Vs. DJ Jay Deee!! BEAT  Battle!
« on: July 16, 2002, 06:57:43 PM »
aight...

The rules are: First too 5 votes wins, no KO's, and anyone can vote (as long as its an honest vote)!

----------------------------
I-Bo:

http://www.wampuka.com/I-BO_-_Keepin_It_Real.mp3.mp3       
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
DJ Jay Deee:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/djjaydeee_music.htm <<<MP3 perfered
------------------------------       

GET YA VOTES ON!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: ~VOTE NOW!!!~ I-Bo Vs. DJ Jay Deee!! BEAT  Bat
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 07:09:29 PM »
Well heres how I see it...

I-Bo:

Phat beat, the typical I-Bo beat...Nice guitars, I liked the mood to it...sort of like a hardcore going to work type of beat, something I could spit over...

DJ Jay Deee:

This beat was aight, the melody was aight, It had an old school flavor, and it was very simple plus it lacked insturments, but I liked the scratches plus the "Ohh thats phat." Also the beat skipped like every 5 seconds (or some shit)...I think u got the bpm messed up...So you gotta work on that, cuz the beat skips like a muuufucka, I dont think its possible to rap over something that skips like that...

so my vote goes too none other than...I-bo
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 10:55:23 PM »
Hey NIK, you wont believe what happened !!!!!!
I uploaded the wrong beat!!!!!
That was another beat i made a while back(Never finsihed it and it sounds pretty wack).  I had two files named scratch1 and scratch2 and i uploaded the wrong one. Sorry about that.

I UPLOADED THE REAL BEAT TO THE SAME LINK!!!!!

Here it is again:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/djjaydeee_music.htm

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 12:03:09 AM »
mmmmmmmh hard choice, specially since the beats were TOTALLY different, jay deee's was smooth and slow and i-bos was hard..
i gotta go with i-bo coz i liked the hard hittin drums better.

+[=PHI@SK0=]+

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 01:56:54 AM »
I-Bo:

I've heard alot better from you, but I understand you just made this beat real quik for this battle, so it's definatly hot considering the time and effort you prolly put in it. It's got a real nice melody and rhythm, i actually really liked it alot, but it has a slight empty feeling, plus I didn't like all the sounds (instruments/voices/samples) you used in it. But overall I really liked it, especially at this one part i LOVED, but I'm not gonna waste time tryin' to explain what part it was.

DJ Jay Dee:

I don't mean to be an asshole, but i just wasn't feelin' your beat. It didn't really have a melody and the drums just wasn't hittin' hard. I know thats kinda your style, but i just aint feelin' it. Also, i could tell you used fruityloops by the sounds (trust me, i know cuz i used to use fruityloops and thier sounds alot! lol) and that could be your main problem, thats prolly whats setting you back. But nice try.

VOTE: I-BO without a doubt
Please visit http://www.hubba.com/phiasko to download/listen to quality beats and remixes produced but Phiasko.[/glow]
Naz-T - Frontline LP (Coming Soon)
http://www.nazt-and-phiasko.cjb.net
Produced by: Phiasko
[/glow]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 09:08:38 AM »
Yo...DJ Jay Deee...Let me reanalyze your beat...

First off, it was much doper than the other one and it didnt skip which is good...Buuuut, it kinda got repetive after a short while...U need too change up the melody...Plus I think the "Scary Strings" didnt fit in good with the beat...Dont get me wrong, the beat wasnt bad...but I still prefer I-bo's...PeaCe

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 02:04:58 PM »
I'm gonna vote for I-bo, his shit was just straight out a better beat.  Jay dee's was 2 repetative.

Vote= I-Bo

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2002, 03:28:23 PM »
I-Bo's beat waz sicc....wat does it take to get an I-Bo beat? I never got one....Do U sell it or somethin I-Bo? I wont buy it I dun think but I waz wonderin how I can get tha beat?

Oh, Vote = I-Bo

Jay-Dee's waz mellow, coo but I think u have a better chance of winning a beat battle here when comin harder.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

KonSICKwence

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • STRAIGHT PIMP... what else is there to say?
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2002, 03:29:47 PM »
hmm well it seemz to me you all  are fuckin dicks or Jay Dee's first beat was really wakc

cuz his second beat isn't half bad i was flowin to it and its not repetitive he has samples coming in and out so for the people that rated with otu jsut peep once agian cuz he uploaded the worng beat and gave the other link i am also pointing it out becuase most people jsut click the top links and go ahead with it.

i am downlaoding I-BO'S beat rite now but my conneciton keeps gettin fucked so if anyone has the lo fi pleez get at me!!!!

so i will vot eafter i lsiten to both a few times

pz

Ineffable

TEXT KonSICKwence's Ineffable Productionz... http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=24092 ..thanx..pz  .[/glow]

KonSICKwence

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • STRAIGHT PIMP... what else is there to say?
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2002, 04:11:13 PM »
aiiyght i liked botht he ebats heres how i breka it down.

I-BO-the ebat was cool when you started out i was ike wtf is he doing? but then it started andit was nyceyour snare needs alot of work on tho it was too mellow for the rest of the drums. it was really nyce pattern witht he durms tho easy to flwo with. but your strings were too high they periced my ears when the would ocme in and drown outt he durms . but the ebat got me flowin i loved the durms just work ont he snare nad turn it up and the rock guitar was cool. it could be HOT aass beat( htoer thna is) if you turned up the durms and turned down some of musical smaples. so it would hti harder.

DJ Jay Dee's-your shit si definately nto wahck or repetitivei also like this beat. nyce arrangement of the durms and there was amelody i suggest more taking the smales in and out with that piano type one the beat was all good tho i t was really mellow a nyce beat for when you jsut kickin it.( which are the type of ebats i like)

beat battles are really hard to judge even when you are a producer. i am mroe lookin for the skill put into the beats i have heard a better beat from DJ Jay Dee one that he sent me through aim so i know he has skill. and i have also heard a better ebat form I-BO

9suspense0

but my vote goes to Dj jay dee

i liked your drums and yoru mixing was better on it.

it was a close battle tho.

vote=DJ Jay Dee

pz

Ineffable

now some pepes go visit my fuckin site!!! www.liftedindividualz.com
TEXT KonSICKwence's Ineffable Productionz... http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=24092 ..thanx..pz  .[/glow]

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2002, 06:15:18 PM »
I-Bo

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2002, 06:54:46 PM »
hmm well it seemz to me you all  are fuckin dicks or Jay Dee's first beat was really wakc

cuz his second beat isn't half bad i was flowin to it and its not repetitive he has samples coming in and out so for the people that rated with otu jsut peep once agian cuz he uploaded the worng beat and gave the other link i am also pointing it out becuase most people jsut click the top links and go ahead with it.

i am downlaoding I-BO'S beat rite now but my conneciton keeps gettin fucked so if anyone has the lo fi pleez get at me!!!!

so i will vot eafter i lsiten to both a few times

pz

Ineffable

Well, once Jay reuploaded the 2nd beat, he delted the 1st one...So i doubt anyone heard the first one...

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2002, 07:00:05 PM »
I-Bo..

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2002, 10:24:17 PM »
5-0 ... i guess i won.. (7-1 with all votes counted)

good game

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2002, 12:06:39 AM »
Yeah, Well done I-BO.

We will have a rematch sometime in the future??????????