Author Topic: [NEW] Eminem- 3 AM (Produced by Dr. Dre)  (Read 4048 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: [NEW] Eminem- 3 AM (Produced by Dr. Dre)
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2009, 12:29:57 AM »
EM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the song we've been waiting for.  This is NOT another "Crack A Bottle" or "We Made You".. this song is easily better than anything that was on Encore!!!  It really is similar to "The Way I Am".

I KNOW, I DONT KNOW WHY THEY HATING.  This shit is fire, he's like Big L Lyrics and Biggie flow..  Beat is off the chain, how does Dre get that typa piano sound????   This is like 1 bar below Lose Yourself, good joint.  RELAAAAAAAAAPSE.

Again lyrics and flow are dope. But can you honestly tell me the accent doesn't bother you ?

I was jk, I don't fuck with this song.  The album should still be good though... It's only 2/3 songs out yet, don't pass judgement!

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2009, 01:16:24 AM »
Beat is great, same goes for the flow..lyrics are on point, diabolical shit lol...but the accent LOL..just drop that

like 99% in here said..its the voice thats fucking it up!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Sikotic™

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2009, 01:18:43 AM »
Yawn.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2009, 02:27:11 AM »
The voice isn't as bad as we made you.. the song is definately a grower. "swallowin a conolopin while i'm noddin in and out on the autumen" haha that sounded sick. I liked the slow flow and the song had nice lyrics, but yeah he should use his normal voice.

Someone posted on thisis50.com that he heard em say "Kill ross" at the end, and if you listen to the end after he stops going "yai yaoo" hes whispering something, you could force yourself into hearing that  :laugh: anyone else catch it?

I'm still interested in hearing the whole album.
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2009, 02:43:39 AM »
The voice isn't as bad as we made you.. the song is definately a grower. "swallowin a conolopin while i'm noddin in and out on the autumen" haha that sounded sick. I liked the slow flow and the song had nice lyrics, but yeah he should use his normal voice.

Someone posted on thisis50.com that he heard em say "Kill ross" at the end, and if you listen to the end after he stops going "yai yaoo" hes whispering something, you could force yourself into hearing that  :laugh: anyone else catch it?

The whispering at the end is, "Evil thoughts..." Pretty certain of that.

Eminem's writing is incredible here. If "We Made You" sounded unfocused, this sounds deliberately disjointed. It's like he's really attempting to channel the scatterbrained thinking of a serial killer. Although subjects come and go, violence is a recurring theme throughout each verse. Instead of a straight, fine minute lyrical slaughter, the threat bobs in and out of sight.

And Dre... this is just further proof that he is a producer, not a 'beat-maker.' Listen to that distant, strained pleading of, "Help me," during Em's recital of, "She puts the lotion in the bucket..." Or the barely audible, sinister whistle that he introduces during that bridge. Everything seems so well constructed, and complimentary to the lyrical content. People saying 50 could have rocked this production - nah, this was tailor made for Eminem.

And this is, in my opinion, the bravest single selection of his career. Not necessarily his best, but nothing he's offered the wider world has come close to being this inaccessible. The rhyme pattern, instrumental, and lyrics - everything rewards more than a casual listen. It will likely still do well on the charts - because it's Eminem - but that doesn't make the decision to release this to the mainstream public any less impressive.

Can't wait for the video - track is already so visual, so it will be interesting to see the selected directors interpretation.

Anyway, bring on Relapse.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:46:04 AM by Conan »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2009, 03:26:44 AM »
I'm officially not anticipating this album.  It'll be better than Encore, but that's not saying shit. 

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2009, 03:28:38 AM »
EPIC Dre production.  8)

I'm just happy Dre's sound seems to be moving on from the post 2001, piano heavy, 'plinky-plinky' type sound he's had the last 6 years. I'm sure Em's accent will grow on me but I'm happy hes actually trying to do something conceptual and not just burp and make farting noises on tracks like on Encore.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2009, 03:51:14 AM »
Meh, I listened this again. Average.

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2009, 04:24:11 AM »
 :o this is a crazy track
the dre haters should be ashamed right now!

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2009, 04:47:06 AM »
and eminem kills it!

PLANT

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2009, 04:57:11 AM »
the song is like a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me right now mostly cuz of the beat.  The Lyrics are pretty tight be he ruins the potential of this song with that damn accent!  GEEZ!   

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2009, 06:48:27 AM »
I'm diggin' this. Relapse doesn't seem to be any kind of "must-get-the-first-day-out" album, but IMO 2/3 of the tracks so far have been cool. I'm getting it, just not expecting it blow my fuckin' mind.

[EDIT]

OK, after a couple listens with the good headphones, I'm not just diggin' this - this is ill. This is the good old Slim Shady. The dude who whacks off to Hannah Montana, swallows a bunch of drugs, blacks out and commits bloody mass murder. And the rhymes and flows just keep goin' and goin and goin'... The voice Em used was off-putting at first, but now I think it just fits there.

Plus, the beat and lyrics go together pretty much perfectly. They manage to paint a strong image of this sick dude, who seems like a harmless loser but behind the exterior is a psycho killer. This be the shit. Don't write Relapse off as another Encore just yet...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:20:56 AM by T-Dogg »

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2009, 07:00:46 AM »
beat is cool, but feminem is wack as usual.
cant listen to this track with his annoying voice.

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2009, 07:19:30 AM »

The whispering at the end is, "Evil thoughts..." Pretty certain of that.

Haha yeah, it's evil thoughts now that you listen to it carefully.. Kill ross was pretty farfetched lol
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2009, 08:12:31 AM »
negative.

people are just giving him a pass for this shit cause hes eminem

if everyone else starts doin it youll all start realizing how stupid it is
how true....and these clowns on here are so fucking in denail its crazy....shits wack ems done just let go people.

That's just a dumb thing to say, let me tell you I think Jay-Z is one of the best rappers to grace a mic but I had no problem in calling kingdom come crap,  the same goes for Encore to, both were such let downs however just because you aren't feeling this track, don't be pretensious to come up with this bizarre notion that others are simply in denial  ::).