Author Topic: Scott Storch says the cocaine habit cost him 30 million duckets ....  (Read 765 times)

dameons

Reid
Views    4,251

* Favorites
      Comments4
      Rating100%
      Rate this Article
      Flagged... Flag Adult Hate Spam Other

Add to My Profile
    * Print
    * ShareThis

Scott Storch isn't dead. He's not in jail. The famed producer isn't even on the run from the police, as you may have heard through the grapevine over the past year. Storch has been focusing on rebuilding his life, because he did, in fact, hit rock bottom.

Lost in a three-year cocaine-abusing haze, he lost more money than most people reading this story will see in five lifetimes: $30 million. Yes, he blew almost his entire fortune on coke, cars, houses, lavish trips, partying and a series of what he calls "poor judgment decisions." Earlier this month, Storch was arrested for grand theft auto for allegedly failing to return a Bentley he'd leased in 2006. And last year, Storch hit legal trouble after reportedly falling behind on both his child-support payments and his property taxes.

But he has come out of his white-powder fog. The producer says he is in recovery, and, as people who love his music will be elated to hear, he's back making music. On Wednesday night, MTV News caught up with the Grammy winner, who at one time could do no wrong in the studio as he supplied classic beats, not mere hits, for people like Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Fat Joe and Beyoncé.

"I'm taking it back to square one," he said, sitting in a Miami studio. The boards in the factory displayed his name and his publishing company, Tuff Jew.

"I found myself slipping a little bit," he said with a very anxious look on his face. "I got involved in doing drugs. I had to get myself into recovery. Being in the life that I was living — very fast-moving, option to do anything you want, go anywhere you wanna go — it definitely takes its toll on you, and you lose your concept of reality. I had to get it under control. I had to take it back to the beginning and back to the Hit Factory, where I made a lot of my hits."

Storch is currently living in a three-quarter house, where he is supervised by a live-in counselor but allowed to go to work in the studio as long as he's back by curfew.

"Just taking it day by day," the producer said of his life now. "I haven't won the war. It's not like something you can just fix and it's just gone. Addiction is a disease, and I have to constantly battle it. I feel so much better and have more clarity, especially in the studio. It's cool. It's been a really productive period. ... With the help of my publisher TVT, I've had the chance to woodshed and come up with a whole new vibe. I'm very happy right now."

MTV News will have a lot more of our exclusive interview with Scott Storch in the coming days and weeks.

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Scott Storch says the cocaine habit cost him 30 million duckets ....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »
poor guy

hope he's ok
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Moe

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:39:42 PM »
jesus christ almighty

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:49:13 PM »
Scott Storch is like that smarmy Jewish lawyer from Carlito's Way.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
one of the best producers ever.. hope he'll be ok.. if it wasnt for him there wouldnt be no chronic 2001

Matty

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 09:54:18 PM »
good to hear he's getting over shit and getting back into producing again.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »
Cocaine is a hell of a drug  :-*

Ok, all joking aside, I was wondering what happened to that dude... He is, hands down in the top 5 of the best Hip-Hop producers ever..... so I'm glad he got his head back on straight..... cause I'd have hated for him to get completely lost (or worse) before I got a chance to work with him.....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 12:12:45 PM »
i dont feel bad for him. I dont give a fuck, if im a millionaire off my msic im not blowing it on cocaine and shit like that.  Maybe a few hookers here and there but thats it lol

Okka

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 12:13:21 PM »
if it wasnt for him there wouldnt be no chronic 2001

How many songs Scott Storch worked on? Only 6 songs, that's not the whole album.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 04:18:23 PM »
How does anyone feel sorry for him? He lost more money in a few years than any of us will ever make in our lifetime. He got what he deserved.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MediumL

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 04:20:33 PM »
im suprised he has a nose with that kinda money spent on drugs
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Moe

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 06:43:20 PM »
How does anyone feel sorry for him? He lost more money in a few years than any of us will ever make in our lifetime. He got what he deserved.
yes he did. fuck him

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 01:42:30 AM »
A disease is something that happens to someone that's beyond one's control, making the correction on what Storch said.  But I guess he never learned from Rick James.  So that explains how he had problems paying things, blowing it on drugs.  No pun intended. 

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »
yes he did. fuck him
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D