Author Topic: [04-26-2009] Slim Da Mobster Interviewed by Vlad Tv  (Read 1290 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
[04-26-2009] Slim Da Mobster Interviewed by Vlad Tv
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »
Dead lin, user removed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PszFI3mSw2w&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.rapgodfathers.com%2Frap-talk%2F395279-exclusive-slim-da-mobster-talks-about-working-detox.html&feature=player_embedded

This is probably Vlad's source about Bishop Lamont.  It isn't looking good for Bishop.

Decent interview.  I hate Vlad but Mobster seems like a decent human - charity work, admitting he's been changed for the positive and isn't the same person he used to be.  I also think he's smarter then Bishop by staying out of the public eye and saying fuck his album.   But, he's mad stupid for putting the A on his back.

I thought he got signed because D.O.C and him are related, am I accurate?

New link:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:20:04 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

DTG Entertainment

Re: Slim Da Mobster Interviewed by Vlad Tv
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PszFI3mSw2w&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.rapgodfathers.com%2Frap-talk%2F395279-exclusive-slim-da-mobster-talks-about-working-detox.html&feature=player_embedded

This is probably Vlad's source about Bishop Lamont.  It isn't looking good for Bishop.

Decent interview.  I hate Vlad but Mobster seems like a decent human - charity work, admitting he's been changed for the positive and isn't the same person he used to be.  I also think he's smarter then Bishop by staying out of the public eye and saying fuck his album. 

I thought he got signed because D.O.C and him are related, am I accurate?

I believe they are. Mista Choc/Chocolate who ghost wrote Ice Ice Baby is also related to Slim.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
Since when was Slim actaully signed to Aftermath? I thought he was always affiliated and never actually signed, but according to that interview he was just recently signed.

And did anybody hear him call Bishop Lamont waldo? Something's definately going on there.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »
Since when was Slim actaully signed to Aftermath? I thought he was always affiliated and never actually signed, but according to that interview he was just recently signed.

And did anybody hear him call Bishop Lamont waldo? Something's definately going on there.

Yeah man, seems weird.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 10:26:31 AM »

Yeah man, seems weird.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Are there any particular artists and producers that you would like to work with in the future?

Slim da Mobster:
Will.i.am, Kanye, Swizz Beats and T-Pain, The Game, Bishop Lamont and Tyrese.

<---- I guess something has definitely changed from last year. Lol.

http://www.pardonmeduke.com/tag/slim-da-mobsta/

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »
Yh i really do think Bishop is dropped, and from the sounds of it he might not be as involved with Detox as everyones been made to think, it'll probably get announced officially after Em and 50 drop, hopefully Bishop doesnt get fucked over with his album if he has actualy been dropped

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 11:40:53 AM »
haha muffuccaz prayed for bishops downfall for too long
bishop still dope
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 12:01:25 PM »
I've been one of the posters that kept saying Bishop was still aftermath despite all the bullshit and that he'd release an album.  But right now it's looking even worse.

With the verdict not looking in his favor the wost thing he did was going public in all this videos, repping aftermath so hard.   The best thing he did was drop all the street albums.

If this is true that's he off Aftermath and wasn't heavily involved with Detox as he made it seem then he needs to do some quick damage control.  Just admit to the situation (say that I used the opportunity to get my name heard and was able to release 4 albums worth of quality material for free) and then either beef or just move on like Stat Quo did.  The worst thing he could do if he got dropped is to go on pretending he's still part of the Math; being delusional like Rick Ross; or bipolar like Game.

The Math seems to be full of politics and trickery.  For example, an artist is told one thing to keep them working and then the word is never fulfilled.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Bishop's situation went down. 

Whatever, at the end of the day, it's like Joe Budden said take control of your fucking destiny.

Hopefully, a more official word than Slim Da Mobster will be announced.
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 01:46:13 PM »

according to aftermathmusic.com, he's signed to aftermath as a writer

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »
Since the interview got removed, here's a recap:

According to Slim da Mobster:

He is in Detroit working on Detox with Eminem, 50 Cent, and of course Dr.Dre. 

Claims Eminem is a big fan of his work and will vouch for Slim.

The concept of Could've Been You was his idea and he wrote the hook.

He confirmed Bishop's story about the stolen tracks, saying someone hacked Dr.Dre's computer while in Europe.

There is a snide comment made about Bishop and he refuses to state Bishop's name.

He is doing charity work before heading over to the recording studio; cares about helping kids but not so much systematic issues.

Said he got signed by going to Dr.Dre's studio and bugging him.  (No reference to D.O.C as I thought they were relatives and that's how he got connected)

He doesn't care about his album and feels pleased with where he's at.  He's moved on from the ghetto lifestyle as presented in earlier work and will not be spitting about that topic anymore; talks about having a nice home and a nice car due to the money from Dr.Dre.

He was laughing a lot and seemed really happy.  There seemed to be some kind of issue with Lamont because he wouldn't say his name and referred to him as Waldo (as in Where's Waldo).   There was also tension when talking about "Could've Been You," he referred to Lamont as "whatever that guy that was rumored" or something to that degree. 

It was interesting to hear from another insider of Aftermath.

Edit:
I found another link:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:12:49 PM by Action! »
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: [04-26-2009] Slim Da Mobster Interviewed by Vlad Tv
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 12:29:28 AM »
lol, where did the issue with bishop come from  :laugh:

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 12:41:39 AM »

Maybe a new west vs newer west beef?
Bishop didn't wanna work with him or something, wouldn't be a surprise?  ;D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 12:44:09 AM »

well you know, bishop is an honest person, so perhaps he told slim that he sucks?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
haha damn bishop>>>>slim
and dre wants bishop off the math

well you know, bishop is an honest person, so perhaps he told slim that he sucks?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Tha Crip

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 07:48:57 PM »
this sucks  :-\, i heard about both slim and bishop at the same time (back in 05)...bishops put out ashitload more music then slim but there both dope in my eyes, i guess maybe this is why weve never heard these two on a song together.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"