Author Topic: Jerkin: The biggest "movement" L.A. has seen this decade, hands down....  (Read 2300 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thats what im sayin i fuck wit bay area heads and la heads, but i havent heard nuthin bout this movement
and for it to be takin over, i mean thats waz up

that is sad that it is the biggest movement seen this decade considering I live in sacramento and have no clue what you are talking about or who any of those "rappers" are.  Yet I still don't feel like I am missing out...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
i too am from LA, hit up clubs from time to time and have no idea what 'jerkin' is or who any of the aforementioned artists are.....then again, i'm not really up in, ahem, predominantly black type clubs, but still....
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Psychotik

• 'G'
I first heard about this jerkin late last year when I seen kids from Gardena high after school dancing/jerkin with their ipods on in the mcdonald parking lot on artesia/normandie and in the streets on the sidewalk. @ first I was like WTF. But I later found out more about it from a kid at work jerkin, and still I was like WTF. I think its cool. It has that The Pack sound. In general the beats sound simple like somethin I can whip up using my psp traxxpad..lol.

JRiv

• 'G'
I think that L.A.'s "Jerk" movement can kinda restart the "Hyphy" movement and if artists can keep their shit together,  Cali can come back on top.

But that's just me! haha

Psychotik

• 'G'
judging from what i see on youtube...jerkin is spreadin across the nation...ny kids is jerkin too>>
shits big they got crews battling, even college kids jerkin too. i seen it on campus too @ LB State.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
again i dont know
alotta movements have come and gon
aite the hyphy 1 is still here somewhat
but the chicken noodle soup died out
the get silly shit went out
the soulja boy shit went out

again i know this is more of a movement typa deal, so well see and it sounds like k-boys jerk muzik is more of a crip thang-(he was sayin something bout that)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Jynxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Hip Hop Producer/Artist
that jerkin' shit is pretty big out here in the I.E. i thought cats out here started it..lol..although i dont listen or like any of that shit..

Triple OG Rapsodie

that is sad that it is the biggest movement seen this decade considering I live in sacramento and have no clue what you are talking about or who any of those "rappers" are.  Yet I still don't feel like I am missing out...

same here. This shit may be taking off outside of Cali, but it isn't making an impact here.

Triple OG Rapsodie

I just listened to this song on youtube. This shit ain't gonna start no west coast movement. Its just another extension of the hyphy movement. Just another song to put a dance to.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
pretty much, id be suprised if it went mainstream
but i wouldnt want to id myself wit this movement anyway, no offense but do ya thang (mayne fuck what they lookin at)

I just listened to this song on youtube. This shit ain't gonna start no west coast movement. Its just another extension of the hyphy movement. Just another song to put a dance to.
Cube

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite

LOL...doesn't matter, I'm here in L.A. and I didn't know who any of these rappers were, or any of the other ones who've been makin noise with these songs.

As I said, it is a "local" sound...and most cities have a local song that may or may never break out commercially, but in most cases, you'll hear a few major songs from that sound, while locally, the biggest songs remain 100% local.

It's brand new, and it's really being held down by the youngsters...so if you aren't around them, and don't have kids or brothers/sisters/cousins, you may be here in L.A. and still not know about it. But for those that know about it, believe me, it's all they care about.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i too am from LA, hit up clubs from time to time and have no idea what 'jerkin' is or who any of the aforementioned artists are.....then again, i'm not really up in, ahem, predominantly black type clubs, but still....

I definitely believe you, it hasn't made it to the 21+ mixed scene too much, but I did hear it in Hollywood at the Cabana last week, so I can tell it's slowly gettin there.

It is probably still a black thing that's mainly being held down by the L.A. black areas....Long Beach, Watts, Compton, Gardena, Mid City, South Central, Lakewood, Lynwood, Hawthorne, Inglewood, and slowly to the suburbs...so it hasn't completely broke out...but if you see the videos, there are some white dudes at UCLA doin it.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I first heard about this jerkin late last year when I seen kids from Gardena high after school dancing/jerkin with their ipods on in the mcdonald parking lot on artesia/normandie and in the streets on the sidewalk. @ first I was like WTF. But I later found out more about it from a kid at work jerkin, and still I was like WTF. I think its cool. It has that The Pack sound. In general the beats sound simple like somethin I can whip up using my psp traxxpad..lol.

LMAO yeah, it's major all through Gardena. But yeah, it does all sound exactly like The Pack.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
again i dont know
alotta movements have come and gon
aite the hyphy 1 is still here somewhat
but the chicken noodle soup died out
the get silly shit went out
the soulja boy shit went out

again i know this is more of a movement typa deal, so well see and it sounds like k-boys jerk muzik is more of a crip thang-(he was sayin something bout that)

Well the thing is, every city has a local/regional sound that ONLY they know about...and they usually get the main artist to do a few songs that bring it to the forefront, but even if it's not on TV or being done nationwide, it'll still be big in that area.

Chicken noodle soup is a perfect example....if you were in Harlem, you'd see that "Gettin lite" is MAJOR, just as Jerkin is here...and that is basically an offspring of the whole Chicken Noodle Soup style...the main song is from DJ Webstar, Ron Browz, and the Swag Kids called "5000"...cute little song. For New Orleans, we heard "Back dat azz up" and "I need a hot girl" but most people outside of Louisiana don't realize that it's all part of the New Orleans bounce style, which has a million songs that have that same exact bounce and Triggerman sample...and that's been major there for ten years, but nobody really knows about it. "Drop and give me 50" is the last big song that emulated that sound.

DC, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Miami, and most cities have a local club/dance sound that is major there, but rarely breaks through. You'd assume that Pitbull and Rick Ross are the biggest artists to locals in Miami, but nah...Bizzle, Chipman, Grind Mode, Piccalo, and others have the main songs that they love out there, especially for the black crowd.

So yeah....that's partially why I'm "excited" because I have been to a lot of diff. cities and seen how their local sound ran things....and we've never really had that here in L.A. We've been geared to just love whatever is on Radio and TV...so to see somethin jump off with NO radio or TV help, and without any Snoop/DPG/Dre co-sign is amazing.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Personally, it's not about the sound really starting a movement that's gonna have a major impact...as I said, it's the biggest "LOCAL" sound that we've had...I don't think people get that, but I'm not surprised...why? Because we've NEVER had a f'kin local sound!

This is definitely straight Hyphy rip off music wise, and only a few songs really sound different from Hyphy or even Wayne...but it's more about the entire culture behind it, and especially the dancing itself. I think it shows many signs of a fad, and if it doesn't evolve quickly, it'll definitely burn out before it even has a chance to be major...but right now, I think it's wild that the kids don't give a f'k about ANY of the artists or songs that we have talked about here for years, aside from Nipsey Hussle. Lookin at G. Malone, Bishop, Crooked I, and even to Cube, Quik, Kurupt, and the rest of our legends...it's horrible that the kids don't care about them, but it really shows how out of touch the youth is here with the older artists and stereotypical West Coast sound...and it goes vice versa as well.