Author Topic: Jerkin: The biggest "movement" L.A. has seen this decade, hands down....  (Read 2303 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Thanks to Youtube and even Myspace...the Jerkin movement here is easily the biggest local sound and culture that L.A. has seen since Gangsta Rap, and that's without question. Even though it's only in L.A. right now, and may not even blow up nationwide, we've always lacked a regional style of party/club music linked with a dance and fashion style/culture.

The main song that's leadin the movement is "You're a jerk," which is the only song most people outside of L.A. have heard. There are about 20-30 songs that the young crowd here loves, and this is all they listen to and care for right now. While most West Coast rap fans are into the new artists and the ones we've been discussin for 4-5 years, along with the legends, the kids here don't care about any of that...they love these songs that are comin from people that go to their high school, that sound VERY amateurish and unpolished. Although all of the songs they love obviously lack the musicianship and creativity that much of our earlier music had, it has the energy and bounce needed to work for the dances and everything that goes along with it.

At this point, I have very mixed feelings about it....the sound is nothing but an obvious offspring of Hyphy, and it has a slight Tampa Bay, Florida influence to it as well. None of the songs I've heard sound like anything I haven't heard before, and most of the rappers are average and below...but they have that L.A. local flow that I thought had been forgotten about. The fact that these kids have made it big without any radio or TV is amazing to me...and it's funny that these HS kids with NO deal, no mentor, and no major connections or relatives are getting WAY MORE requests and love than the numerous signed/unsigned acts we've spent the last few years talking about. They definitely need to evolve it, because all of the songs sound the exact same, and none of them are as strong as the strongest Hyphy tracks were.

Here are the main songs the 21 and under crowd out here are goin hardest on.......
New Boyz - You're a jerk

Pink Dollaz - Never hungry

Pheo - Hot chick

Cold Flamez - Miss me kiss me

Tay F. 3rd - Conceited

Tay F. 3rd - Eastside step

Vixen Ent - Toot my shit

Vixen Ent. - I need that

D-Lo - No hoe (Bay artist)

- Remix ft. E-40

Videos of the kids dancin to it....

I wonder if Snoop will do a jerkin song...if so, this will probably make some noise, just as Hyphy did when 40 and Short used hyphy tracks for their main singles. I can even predict that Snoop's first single for his next album will be a jerkin type of song...even "Drop it like it's hot" had the same feel/vibe as a lot of these songs do.

Awesome, I love hearing new fads where all the songs sound the same.... ::)

Don't trip, as I said, they NEED to evolve it if they want it to go far. That's no question, but seein how strong the support base is, somebody can easily capitalize off of it.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
kids doin the same shit the lil ones in the south is doin...

they aint worried bout the old heads no more..they aint sittin around complainin..

they goin out n gettin it..

thats how the stanky leg, halle berry, ricky bobby, my dougie n bunch of other shit got play..

lil niggas already had their own fan base at home..n it grew when they network goin to the hang outs..eventually dj's heard it n it got put on..

only a matter time..

for ice t , spice 1 and bunch old disgruntled west coast rapper shit on it..

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
only a matter time..

Add on 90% of the fans, LOL.

But yeah...I definitely admit that this music is not "good" or anything special/groundbreaking, but that's not what it's about. We've been cryin about "Bringin the West back" for f'kin 13 years, when the West was only on top for 4-5 years....and out of nowhere, these kids started somethin that they love way more than anything we loved, but are pushin it 100% without even mentioning "The West coming back." If nothin else, people need to respect that.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks to Youtube and even Myspace...the Jerkin movement here is easily the biggest local sound and culture that L.A. has seen since Gangsta Rap, and that's without question. Even though it's only in L.A. right now, and may not even blow up nationwide, we've always lacked a regional style of party/club music linked with a dance and fashion style/culture.

The main song that's leadin the movement is "You're a jerk," which is the only song most people outside of L.A. have heard. There are about 20-30 songs that the young crowd here loves, and this is all they listen to and care for right now. While most West Coast rap fans are into the new artists and the ones we've been discussin for 4-5 years, along with the legends, the kids here don't care about any of that...they love these songs that are comin from people that go to their high school, that sound VERY amateurish and unpolished. Although all of the songs they love obviously lack the musicianship and creativity that much of our earlier music had, it has the energy and bounce needed to work for the dances and everything that goes along with it.

At this point, I have very mixed feelings about it....the sound is nothing but an obvious offspring of Hyphy, and it has a slight Tampa Bay, Florida influence to it as well. None of the songs I've heard sound like anything I haven't heard before, and most of the rappers are average and below...but they have that L.A. local flow that I thought had been forgotten about. The fact that these kids have made it big without any radio or TV is amazing to me...and it's funny that these HS kids with NO deal, no mentor, and no major connections or relatives are getting WAY MORE requests and love than the numerous signed/unsigned acts we've spent the last few years talking about. They definitely need to evolve it, because all of the songs sound the exact same, and none of them are as strong as the strongest Hyphy tracks were.

Here are the main songs the 21 and under crowd out here are goin hardest on.......
New Boyz - You're a jerk

Pink Dollaz - Never hungry

Pheo - Hot chick

Cold Flamez - Miss me kiss me

Tay F. 3rd - Conceited

Tay F. 3rd - Eastside step

Vixen Ent - Toot my shit

Vixen Ent. - I need that

D-Lo - No hoe (Bay artist)

- Remix ft. E-40

Videos of the kids dancin to it....

I wonder if Snoop will do a jerkin song...if so, this will probably make some noise, just as Hyphy did when 40 and Short used hyphy tracks for their main singles. I can even predict that Snoop's first single for his next album will be a jerkin type of song...even "Drop it like it's hot" had the same feel/vibe as a lot of these songs do.

good shit my equal you spoke the networth yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
only a matter time..

Add on 90% of the fans, LOL.

But yeah...I definitely admit that this music is not "good" or anything special/groundbreaking, but that's not what it's about. We've been cryin about "Bringin the West back" for f'kin 13 years, when the West was only on top for 4-5 years....and out of nowhere, these kids started somethin that they love way more than anything we loved, but are pushin it 100% without even mentioning "The West coming back." If nothin else, people need to respect that.

they doin them thats all that matter...u can only shoot up x amount of niggas until it becomes borin...

that 90% need to be happy that when their kids pick up on it..its somethin their kids should wanna like...they will learn to seperate the bullshit to the real like we did...

i started off with lets get it started by hammer n ego trip by kurtis blow in front of me.. i picked up hammer...down the line..i started jammin kurtis.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
that is sad that it is the biggest movement seen this decade considering I live in sacramento and have no clue what you are talking about or who any of those "rappers" are.  Yet I still don't feel like I am missing out...

:laugh:

dj smeeze

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • inDAstreets BAYMAAC - ORIGINAL D/A RIDA
i think on the westcoast we got to caught up in being hard, gangsta, etc like niggaz don't dance! when this shit first start poppin (hip hop)it was about dancin and  breakin, id rather see youngstaz everywhere emulating some dances and not gang banging, thugging, drug dealing, etc
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJ9LVfNXDj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WJ9LVfNXDj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTUQDASKZZA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LTUQDASKZZA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i think on the westcoast we got to caught up in being hard, gangsta, etc like niggaz don't dance! when this shit first start poppin (hip hop)it was about dancin and  breakin, id rather see youngstaz everywhere emulating some dances and not gang banging, thugging, drug dealing, etc

That's real as hell..that's another reason some of us older cats like it, because kids are more concerned with battlin and Jerkin than gangbangin. We definitely clown their choice of fashion, and we realize that the music isn't nearly as dope...but I'd rather hear kids talkin about Jerkin than "f'k yo hood!!!"

Psychotik

• 'G'

That's real as hell..that's another reason some of us older cats like it, because kids are more concerned with battlin and Jerkin than gangbangin. We definitely clown their choice of fashion, and we realize that the music isn't nearly as dope...but I'd rather hear kids talkin about Jerkin than "f'k yo hood!!!"

exactly what i was gonna say, well at least along those lines. id rather see them kids go @ it jerkin' than some other nonsense.
hey R-Tistic, this is exactly what i was talkin bout what goes down in the town>>>
although, them skinny jeans gotta go and i mean GO...but this jerkin' thing GO!

Jaydc555

Getting excited about local dances = gay and retarded.     That gives me an idea I'm going to give some smack to a retard and watch how he moves then create a new dance around it called the retardin.its going to be huge.

Triple OG Rapsodie

too bad they can't dance to decent music

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!

exactly what i was gonna say, well at least along those lines. id rather see them kids go @ it jerkin' than some other nonsense.
hey R-Tistic, this is exactly what i was talkin bout what goes down in the town>>>
although, them skinny jeans gotta go and i mean GO...but this jerkin' thing GO!

LMAO, yeah all the kids in my neighborhood go to Gardena and a few go to Poly, but that's all they are doin. The one from Poly told me some dudes rolled by lookin like they were about to start shootin, and they hopped out and started Jerkin, and they all started doin it.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ay real talk r-tistic we may not agree or maybe we do, regardless good lookin on havin this debate and and bein able to take both sides good or bad
you got alotta valid points, im jus not feelin this jerk thing, but if others are thats what it is
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The_Offence

that shit only looks kool when women do it i seen niggaz doing that shit is videos and it looks wild homo

no man should ever do that dance

Muhfukka

jerkin off is pretty cool