Author Topic: Jerkin: The biggest "movement" L.A. has seen this decade, hands down....  (Read 2297 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
ay real talk r-tistic we may not agree or maybe we do, regardless good lookin on havin this debate and and bein able to take both sides good or bad
you got alotta valid points, im jus not feelin this jerk thing, but if others are thats what it is

No doubt, yeah I mean it's def not for everybody but what is? I'm more of a supporter of the youth doin somethin without our direction or "approval."

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
^^I have no problem with the kids doing something that's theirs, I mean when people think of the West Coast/LA they think of Snoop & Dre, but there's a lot of different sounds out here. There's nothing wrong with gangsta rap, but it's also good for kids to be exposed to something else besides that all the time. As far as the dances go, it looks like a knockoff of going dumb, and the sound reminds me of a lower quality mix of The Pack and The Cool Kids.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:15:57 PM by Tay »
I got a bird's eye view

Al Bundy

ay real talk r-tistic we may not agree or maybe we do, regardless good lookin on havin this debate and and bein able to take both sides good or bad
you got alotta valid points, im jus not feelin this jerk thing, but if others are thats what it is

No doubt, yeah I mean it's def not for everybody but what is? I'm more of a supporter of the youth doin somethin without our direction or "approval."

it's the same shit that NWA did 20 years ago. i bet there were critics back then that thought NWA was horrible just like we have people thinking jerkin is wack

Jaydc555

Their is a big difference between nwa and another gay ass dance movement that will be forgotten about in less then a year

macadomusic

• 'G'
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oahQLhOaD1M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oahQLhOaD1M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Candy 4 The Kids - Yong 3rd (produced by Macado)

yong 3rd - Candy4thekids _produced by macado_.mp3 - 10.34MB
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:12:58 AM by macadomusic »

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
thats just like 'L.A.' tho they always take all the bay's slang, swag, and whole scheme. this shit isnt original thats why it wont last more than a year. this is basically hyphy with a diffferent name just not as..........hmmm......how do i say...hyphy!

the bay is like the unmentioned trend setter for everything. they started all that bape hoody shit like that whole style. by the time new york and shit was on that shit, it was already old and washed up in the bay. but in the bay we are hella more laid back so we take all the worlds poserisms as compliments.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah i dont remember snoop sayin mayne, then recently hes been talkin like hes from the bay
and other rappers

thats just like 'L.A.' tho they always take all the bay's slang, swag, and whole scheme. this shit isnt original thats why it wont last more than a year. this is basically hyphy with a diffferent name just not as..........hmmm......how do i say...hyphy!

the bay is like the unmentioned trend setter for everything. they started all that bape hoody shit like that whole style. by the time new york and shit was on that shit, it was already old and washed up in the bay. but in the bay we are hella more laid back so we take all the worlds poserisms as compliments.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The_Offence

i still don't understand why the fuck i see niggaz doing that dance that shit is for the ladies if im in a party and a nigga start doing that shit im questioning that mans sexuality and getting the fuck as far away from him as possible .....this is the new Harlem shake you saw how stupid those niggaz looked doing that gay ass dance that's the same way you look doing this jerking nonsense even the name is borderline homo...how you gonna ask another nigga whats jerking ?  :D ;D hey lets do the jerk  :D shit gays and you see so called gangstas doing that shit like come on my G you niggaz look silly let the women do that shit and niggaz kick back i don't got a problem if it was only females doing it but you see more men doing it than women that shit looks gay and only the youngins will follow this thread you ain't getting no OG from anywhere to do this shit..you ain't getting glasses, jay rock, nispey, ice cube. mitchy or even spider to promote this shit....the only niggaz that might do that shit is ya boy and other niggaz on some fruity shit :D cut that shit out you niggaz look silly..whats jerking  ;D ;D if any nigga ask me that im watching him on some batyman type business

hip hop has really gotten gay you got niggaz wearing women pants and tight up shirts, thinking they fly now you got movements called jerking :D isn't LA known for its gangsta rap , gang, ect how you gonna push a gay ass movement called jerking i grantee you the rest of the world will laugh at you niggaz cuz this whole shit looks gay ass hell to me
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:39:39 AM by The_Offence »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Bein that Im a proud representer of Southern Kali.....I pray this shit doesnt blow up. I cant even defend the gayness of it lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i think thats part of the problem to get more fans g malone, jay rock and others will co-sgin on this

i still don't understand why the fuck i see niggaz doing that dance that shit is for the ladies if im in a party and a nigga start doing that shit im questioning that mans sexuality and getting the fuck as far away from him as possible .....this is the new Harlem shake you saw how stupid those niggaz looked doing that gay ass dance that's the same way you look doing this jerking nonsense even the name is borderline homo...how you gonna ask another nigga whats jerking ?  :D ;D hey lets do the jerk  :D shit gays and you see so called gangstas doing that shit like come on my G you niggaz look silly let the women do that shit and niggaz kick back i don't got a problem if it was only females doing it but you see more men doing it than women that shit looks gay and only the youngins will follow this thread you ain't getting no OG from anywhere to do this shit..you ain't getting glasses, jay rock, nispey, ice cube. mitchy or even spider to promote this shit....the only niggaz that might do that shit is ya boy and other niggaz on some fruity shit :D cut that shit out you niggaz look silly..whats jerking  ;D ;D if any nigga ask me that im watching him on some batyman type business

hip hop has really gotten gay you got niggaz wearing women pants and tight up shirts, thinking they fly now you got movements called jerking :D isn't LA known for its gangsta rap , gang, ect how you gonna push a gay ass movement called jerking i grantee you the rest of the world will laugh at you niggaz cuz this whole shit looks gay ass hell to me
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
this shit is spreading because they play this shit non stop out here in Virginia...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah but they played soulja boy, chicken noodle soup, and other movements and then what happened?
are they here today? 
Cube

MediumL

i thought this was a late april fools joke. dam is the west getting that desperate...

EDIT: sorry Cool Kids already played out this style. NEXTTT
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 03:15:07 PM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LMAO, the word "Jerkin" does sound funny as hell. Some of it does look questionable, but most dances never look "masculine" or gangsta aside from the old school Crip Walk.

The thing about gettin G. Malone/Jay Rock/Nipsey/Cube/etc. etc. is that there's no need for them to...but ALL of these artist's nephews, cousins, and kids are into the whole shit, even if they hate it. I have never said I loved or hated it, I just had to let everybody here know about it because it's really what's big here in the city...but the kids have made this blow up without needing ANYONE'S approval, and the companies and kids across the nation are more interested in this than anything else we have goin here, which is good and bad to me. It's DEFINITELY NOT for gangstas...and to say "L.A. is known for gangsta rap" shows that we NEED somethin else, because that is NOT gonna work 15-20 years after "Gangsta rap" lost it's flame.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah but they played soulja boy, chicken noodle soup, and other movements and then what happened?
are they here today? 

(Crank dat) Soulja Boy was just one song, and it created a few spin off songs, but of course that's gone. Chicken noodle soup was just a song/dance, but "Get lite" is the whole movement in NY and it's definitely not dead...it's just very regional. With "Crunk", we saw different phases of it and different sounds came from it that you still hear in the South...none of it is labeled as "Crunk" but you can tell what came from where.

I have never said this WILL bring the West back, or that it is supposed to be anything more than a typical phase...but fact is, it's big enough to where something could happen from it, and it's at least worth looking at in my opinion. There hasn't been anything that the youngsters here have loved, even for a 5 minute phase, that came from L.A. since I was in High School in 2001 when we had Eastsidaz/DPG/Bad Azz/E-40/Snoop/Xzibit out....everybody was clown dancin, but there was no music with it.