Author Topic: Jerkin: The biggest "movement" L.A. has seen this decade, hands down....  (Read 2359 times)

2euce 7even

Re: Jerkin: The stupidest "movement" L.A. has seen this decade, hands down....

GoldyLoc

• Muthafuckin' OG
Thanks to Youtube and even Myspace...the Jerkin movement here is easily the biggest local sound and culture that L.A. has seen since Gangsta Rap, and that's without question. Even though it's only in L.A. right now, and may not even blow up nationwide, we've always lacked a regional style of party/club music linked with a dance and fashion style/culture.

The main song that's leadin the movement is "You're a jerk," which is the only song most people outside of L.A. have heard. There are about 20-30 songs that the young crowd here loves, and this is all they listen to and care for right now. While most West Coast rap fans are into the new artists and the ones we've been discussin for 4-5 years, along with the legends, the kids here don't care about any of that...they love these songs that are comin from people that go to their high school, that sound VERY amateurish and unpolished. Although all of the songs they love obviously lack the musicianship and creativity that much of our earlier music had, it has the energy and bounce needed to work for the dances and everything that goes along with it.

At this point, I have very mixed feelings about it....the sound is nothing but an obvious offspring of Hyphy, and it has a slight Tampa Bay, Florida influence to it as well. None of the songs I've heard sound like anything I haven't heard before, and most of the rappers are average and below...but they have that L.A. local flow that I thought had been forgotten about. The fact that these kids have made it big without any radio or TV is amazing to me...and it's funny that these HS kids with NO deal, no mentor, and no major connections or relatives are getting WAY MORE requests and love than the numerous signed/unsigned acts we've spent the last few years talking about. They definitely need to evolve it, because all of the songs sound the exact same, and none of them are as strong as the strongest Hyphy tracks were.

Here are the main songs the 21 and under crowd out here are goin hardest on.......
New Boyz - You're a jerk

Pink Dollaz - Never hungry

Pheo - Hot chick

Cold Flamez - Miss me kiss me

Tay F. 3rd - Conceited

Tay F. 3rd - Eastside step

Vixen Ent - Toot my shit

Vixen Ent. - I need that

D-Lo - No hoe (Bay artist)

- Remix ft. E-40

Videos of the kids dancin to it....

I wonder if Snoop will do a jerkin song...if so, this will probably make some noise, just as Hyphy did when 40 and Short used hyphy tracks for their main singles. I can even predict that Snoop's first single for his next album will be a jerkin type of song...even "Drop it like it's hot" had the same feel/vibe as a lot of these songs do.

:o horrible..real horrible music !!!IMO !!! :-X

Al Bundy

Re: Jerkin: The stupidest "movement" L.A. has seen this decade, hands down....

according to blood bangin pussy bomba clott nazi rider westsydeee

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Here's the official video for "You're a jerk"....

I'm sure most people here hate it, but I'm puttin everything out there just to let y'all know what it is out here.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

I'm sure most people here hate it, but I'm puttin everything out there just to let y'all know what it is out here.

You must be quarantined, and destroyed...you are only spreading the disease.  You are a danger to the rest of the population. Not to mention the reputation of the great state of California.  :baseballbat:

lol Cmon man...u gonna make this shit spread like gay marriage if u keep this up
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
i cant stand that song.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite

You must be quarantined, and destroyed...you are only spreading the disease.  You are a danger to the rest of the population. Not to mention the reputation of the great state of California.  :baseballbat:

lol Cmon man...u gonna make this shit spread like gay marriage if u keep this up

LMAO...I'm just lettin y'all know what's out there, and what people are reactin to out here. We've been waitin for Detox 8 years and talkin about 25 artists who never came out...I'm just happy to see youngsters breakin out with NO help from the elders, and no complaining about it. It's a whole new era.

J Bananas

I'm just happy to see youngsters breakin out with NO help from the elders, and no complaining about it. It's a whole new era.

exactly. If this were 1992, some of you guys would be the ones bitching and moaning about how these young idiots were stealing leon haywood and such. You're setting yourselves up for alzheimers with this shit.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
lmao @ their video. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.