Author Topic: Soundscan Numbers (Rick Ross)  (Read 881 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Soundscan Numbers (Rick Ross)
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »
Have a Party is a dope track.

He seriously does need to give up creating an in da club part 2.

Have A Party off the underrated (but awesome & dope imo) Get Rich or Die Tryin' Soundtrack?

great song off a great album/soundtrack. 8)

but yeah, Outta Control OG is the closest thing he will ever make to In Da Club part 2, but that wasnt even big in the clubs because of the remix (which i didnt think was a club banger track, but just a smooth, dope as fuck track; with a clubbish twist to it 8)) & Candy Shop which BLEW up.

so yeah, 50 needs to give up on In Da Club part 2.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 07:32:03 PM »

Have A Party off the underrated (but awesome & dope imo) Get Rich or Die Tryin' Soundtrack?

but yeah, Outta Control OG is the closest thing he will ever make to In Da Club part 2, but that wasnt even big in the clubs because of the remix (which i didnt think was a club banger track, but just a smooth, dope as fuck track; with a clubbish twist to it 8)) & Candy Shop which BLEW up.

Have A Party was also on Mobb Deep's album Blood Money.

Yeah 50 just needs to get back to making dope music again and stop following formulas he THINKS people want him to do to sell. I was bumping Patiently Waiting with Eminem today. He needs to get back to music like that. Not so much sound wise as much as dropping some music with some substance to it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »

Yeah 50 just needs to get back to making dope music again and stop following formulas he THINKS people want him to do to sell. I was bumping Patiently Waiting with Eminem today. He needs to get back to music like that. Not so much sound wise as much as dropping some music with some substance to it.

exactly, he became way too mainstream though; so i think he just got too focused on selling & probably still is.

he tries to reach the ladies & the clubs & it affects all his music & the album.

co-sign what you said though, he just needs to go back to the good shit. ;) 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »

exactly, he became way too mainstream though; so i think he just got too focused on selling & probably still is.

he tries to reach the ladies & the clubs & it affects all his music & the album.

He is a smart guy, not as smart or on it as he thinks at times when it comes to what his fans want or the public. Curtis was just a very cookie cutter album from him that in alot of ways is laid out like Ross' new album. Heavy on R&B hooks, etc. He needs a nice balance on his albums, that was what the 1st 2 had. Even the songs more for the ladies like 21 Questions had a edge to them.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 07:43:59 PM »

He is a smart guy, not as smart or on it as he thinks at times when it comes to what his fans want or the public. Curtis was just a very cookie cutter album from him that in alot of ways is laid out like Ross' new album. Heavy on R&B hooks, etc. He needs a nice balance on his albums, that was what the 1st 2 had. Even the songs more for the ladies like 21 Questions had a edge to them.

21 Questions was so ill & it was reaching to the ladies; one of his best songs. 8)

after T.O.S. flopped ridiculously, i wonder if he wants to step it up just because he wants to prove G-Unit isnt completely dead.

also, he may try & step it up because Em & Dre are supposedly dropping with him & they are building it up as the 3 of them showing that they still run shit; so 50 might try extra hard just to put his shit on the same level as Em & Dre. 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 07:46:24 PM »

21 Questions was so ill & it was reaching to the ladies; one of his best songs. 8)

after T.O.S. flopped ridiculously, i wonder if he wants to step it up just because he wants to prove G-Unit isnt completely dead.

also, he may try & step it up because Em & Dre are supposedly dropping with him & they are building it up as the 3 of them showing that they still run shit; so 50 might try extra hard just to put his shit on the same level as Em & Dre. 8)

He should be doing that all the time lol. Yeah I agree with you. That T.O.S. album was a complete mess.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »

The difference is GRODT had 21 Questions for the ladies, and then that was it. 1 real party track (in da club) and then the rest was pretty much gangsta. Now he has to have at least half his album for the ladies. And I'm not really a fan of love songs so I'm not gonna buy the album when half of it is that. Not saying it has to be all gangsta, but do something else besides songs for the ladies.

eNgIeS

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »
As Ross says. He had kids to feed. "yeah I C.O, yeah a shovel shit" & from what we're now hearing he may have been a corrupt one. Thats working against the system. That dont make you no cop! Its possible he may be a fraud but i like his music & to be honest, most rappers aint done no real work on the streets maybe sold some drugs but i bet 99% of these rappers saying they kill aint never killed (not that killings a good thing just saying). The musics more important than the reality, though I do appreciate reality and reflection of wrong doings in some rappers music

I can understand all that, but if he was a crooked C.O. why deny everything? It just made him look real stupid

I can definately agree with that. Stupid move on his part, unless he scared of being busted perhaps i dont know