Author Topic: Raekwon Talks Aftermath Deal, Busta Rhymes’ Decision To Leave Label  (Read 318 times)

Elano

In an interview with XXLMag.com, Wu-Tang rapper Raekwon spoke about his relationship with legendary West Coast producer Dr. Dre, and the near deal with his label, Aftermath Records.

While the partnership fell through, with Rae eventually signing to EMI to release his highly-anticipated follow up to 1995’s classic disc, Only Built For Cuban Linx, the Staten Island rapper said he is unsure if longtime associate Busta Rhymes’ decision to leave Aftermath was affected by his contract never materializing. Bussa Bus was originally slated to executive produce the project, although he no longer holds the position.

“Busta left after our situation was already not gonna happen,” he told XXL. “Busta might have felt like he was’ getting the proper energy he needed to get, so really one ain’t have nothing to do with two, but you never know at the end of the day, you know what I mean. I don’t know, I can’t call that.”

Despite never inking with Dre’s imprint, Rae managed to secure some heat from the Doc for OB4CL 2, along with a slew of other super producers including Pete Rock, J Dilla, Marley Marl, The Alchemist, Eric Sermon and Wu maestro The Rza.

OB4CL 2 is currently scheduled for August 11 release date

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Raekwon Talks Aftermath Deal, Busta Rhymes’ Decision To Leave Label
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 03:01:42 AM »
I hope that for once this date sticks... Feels like theres too much time for things to change!

RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND!

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:27:19 AM »
August 11!!!!?? Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnn.....  :-\>:(

Matty

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 04:46:13 AM »
the album was obviously too hip-hop for aftermath. hopefully the finished project is as dope as it was back then, there was a time when the whole thing was gonna be produced by rza and dre.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:48:16 AM by Matty »

Invincible

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:39:27 AM »
the album was obviously too hip-hop for aftermath. hopefully the finished project is as dope as it was back then, there was a time when the whole thing was gonna be produced by rza and dre.

NNothing wrong with them other producers who will be contributing. Should still be a dope album. I don't wanna wait till August 11th, If its done he should just release it now otherwise it will just get pushed back again. How long have we been waiting for this now?