Author Topic: Re: 2Pacforum hidden projects info!  (Read 67590 times)

JohnnyL

Re: 2Pacforum hidden projects info!
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2009, 09:41:53 AM »
I guess i don't understand the extreme hate for these people.  As you can tell by the leaked forum posts, they are putting in work by going to Sam Sneed and Big D and Nuttso and other people and prying the songs from them and paying them a lot to get them.  With the songs in Amaru's hands, they'll never see the light of day.

The way I looked at it, I thought it was good to have these guys around selling their projects to people, because i knew full well one day they'd all leak, and we'd get them eventually.  The more people who had them, the bigger the chance of a leak. 

I know this ain't a popular viewpoint, but let's face it, if it wasn't for Dante and these guys, "Immortal" would probably still be sitting in Sam Sneed's storage somewhere and probably would have never been heard.  Amaru wasn't ever going to release it, not in OG anyway, so at least they put it some work to get that song out there.  And they are taking extreme legal risks by doing this, as now they got busted.  I know i'd never try it.  I'm kind of indifferent towards these people, if they want to go through all the trouble and do this stuff for new 2pac stuff, then so be it.  I never bought it, never would, but if some people want to, that's cool too.

Same with the Crooked I project.  People should have just kept their mouths shut, paid up if they wanted it, if not, moved on.  The more people that would have got that Crooked I album, the better chance it would have had of leaking.  Instead of 20 or 30 people having it, we're back to 2 or 3 people having it, a lot less of a chance it's going to leak that way.  If many people had it, all it would take is for one of them to get mad at the other and then 'leak' it as retaliation, which as we've seen, has happened quite a bit over the years. 

I understand what you're saying.  But at the same time, nothing had leaked since "Paper and Pen."  It seems as though Dante's level system had worked well enough that hardly anyone was even aware that these tracks they had obtained were even in their hands.  And being that most of this stuff was only being traded back and forth to a handful of people, it's unlikely that it would have leaked.  At least, not for a very long time.  Personally, I don't really have anything against bootlegging, per se.  It's more the secrecy and misdirection.  Plus, it's pretty shading to sell downgraded versions of some tracks to certain people, and then sell the "real" versions of the tracks to others, for the same price.  Maybe they felt this level of secrecy was necessary to avoid leaks.  But I think at the amount they were charging and the limited number of people that had access to actually buy it, this operation would have eventually imploded anyway.  Not to mention the bazillion copywrite laws flagrantly being broken.

JohnnyL

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2009, 09:44:02 AM »
Deon Evans (BIG D) early tupac producer - he sold out to dante with a load of tracks and they put it out as project

Oh, okay.  Thanks for the clarification.  Interesting.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2009, 09:50:49 AM »
thats alot of music
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
That Too Gangsta 4 Radio looks sick...

For real.  Did you notice all those Crooked I track names on there?  There are some Crooked I tracks on there that I've never heard of.  Possibly some stuff from "Untouchable," ?

I believe "Live At The Row" and "Who Wants To Fuck (OG)" were meant for one of the versions of Say Hi To The Bad Guy...

I've never even heard of "It's Personal", "Catchin' Feelings", but I have heard of "West Coast", but it was called "West Coast '95"... Same track, not sure?

You're right. "Live at the Row" was listed on the tracklist for Los Skanless's version of "Say Hi to the Bad Guy."  And "Who Wants to Fuck (OG)" was almost certainly the same as the one that DeathrowsFinest leaked on here.  But the others, I've never heard of.  It's possible they're just the same tracks as the ones on the unreleased bootleg "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" projects, but with different names.  But more than likely, I bet they're other tracks either recorded during the "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" sessions or the "Untouchable" sessions. JMO.

It'd be nice to have everything and just burn your own copy of SHTTBG with your favorite tracks...

JohnnyL

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »

For real.  Did you notice all those Crooked I track names on there?  There are some Crooked I tracks on there that I've never heard of.  Possibly some stuff from "Untouchable," ?

I believe "Live At The Row" and "Who Wants To Fuck (OG)" were meant for one of the versions of Say Hi To The Bad Guy...

I've never even heard of "It's Personal", "Catchin' Feelings", but I have heard of "West Coast", but it was called "West Coast '95"... Same track, not sure?

You're right. "Live at the Row" was listed on the tracklist for Los Skanless's version of "Say Hi to the Bad Guy."  And "Who Wants to Fuck (OG)" was almost certainly the same as the one that DeathrowsFinest leaked on here.  But the others, I've never heard of.  It's possible they're just the same tracks as the ones on the unreleased bootleg "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" projects, but with different names.  But more than likely, I bet they're other tracks either recorded during the "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" sessions or the "Untouchable" sessions. JMO.

It'd be nice to have everything and just burn your own copy of SHTTBG with your favorite tracks...

Yeah.  Still haven't seen any tracks listed with Scarface or Jadakiss.  And wasn't there supposed to be a second track with Ja Rule as well?

davidr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »
Waits patiently for Mikes thread  8)  :)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »
I guess i don't understand the extreme hate for these people.  As you can tell by the leaked forum posts, they are putting in work by going to Sam Sneed and Big D and Nuttso and other people and prying the songs from them and paying them a lot to get them.  With the songs in Amaru's hands, they'll never see the light of day.

The way I looked at it, I thought it was good to have these guys around selling their projects to people, because i knew full well one day they'd all leak, and we'd get them eventually.  The more people who had them, the bigger the chance of a leak. 

I know this ain't a popular viewpoint, but let's face it, if it wasn't for Dante and these guys, "Immortal" would probably still be sitting in Sam Sneed's storage somewhere and probably would have never been heard.  Amaru wasn't ever going to release it, not in OG anyway, so at least they put it some work to get that song out there.  And they are taking extreme legal risks by doing this, as now they got busted.  I know i'd never try it.  I'm kind of indifferent towards these people, if they want to go through all the trouble and do this stuff for new 2pac stuff, then so be it.  I never bought it, never would, but if some people want to, that's cool too.

Same with the Crooked I project.  People should have just kept their mouths shut, paid up if they wanted it, if not, moved on.  The more people that would have got that Crooked I album, the better chance it would have had of leaking.  Instead of 20 or 30 people having it, we're back to 2 or 3 people having it, a lot less of a chance it's going to leak that way.  If many people had it, all it would take is for one of them to get mad at the other and then 'leak' it as retaliation, which as we've seen, has happened quite a bit over the years. 

I understand what you're saying.  But at the same time, nothing had leaked since "Paper and Pen."  It seems as though Dante's level system had worked well enough that hardly anyone was even aware that these tracks they had obtained were even in their hands.  And being that most of this stuff was only being traded back and forth to a handful of people, it's unlikely that it would have leaked.  At least, not for a very long time.  Personally, I don't really have anything against bootlegging, per se.  It's more the secrecy and misdirection.  Plus, it's pretty shading to sell downgraded versions of some tracks to certain people, and then sell the "real" versions of the tracks to others, for the same price.  Maybe they felt this level of secrecy was necessary to avoid leaks.  But I think at the amount they were charging and the limited number of people that had access to actually buy it, this operation would have eventually imploded anyway.  Not to mention the bazillion copywrite laws flagrantly being broken.

Yeah, the level thing seemed to work pretty well for them, but really, if you bought their projects, in 15 years say, i bet someone would be willing to resell/leak them.  We all move on and get involved in different things.  I think that these rare pac songs might not mean as much to some people 15 years from now as they do now, they might be on to other things and could care less if they piss off the "2pac scene".  Granted, it might take a long time, but you know, at least the way things stood, there was a chance songs would leak.  I knew stuff was happening on the underground over the years, so I always have held out hope eventually we'd get more pac songs.  Which we seem to do, we usually get around 5 new Pac joints every year from different places.  Now if these guys are all done, that puts the songs 100% in control of Amaru, no chance of them evey leaking now.  Now the copyright thing is a whole other issue, but really, if you've downloaded any song off these forums, other than promotional stuff, you're just as guilty as them as far as copyrights go.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:41:15 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

EFFeX

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »

Yeah.  Still haven't seen any tracks listed with Scarface or Jadakiss.  And wasn't there supposed to be a second track with Ja Rule as well?

Some people say yes and others say no, I guess only those who have these songs know for sure... I've heard that there are other songs with different Murder Inc artists, but who knows if people are confusing them with "Showdown" and "Nexx Niggaz".

kuruptlon

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2009, 10:40:19 AM »

whats that gonna be about?

Klue

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »
want really badly this nuttso album  :o

davidr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2009, 10:43:24 AM »

he's going to reveal everything in detail and expose these bootleggers  ;D

kuruptlon

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
From the looks of it I'd say a good amount of it is already out in the open what else could he say?

EFFeX

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »
Unless he's leaking music, I really don't care about the bootleggers background information...

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »

kilo is taking credit for something he had nothing to do with..... :nawty:

kuruptlon

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2009, 10:54:15 AM »

kilo is taking credit for something he had nothing to do with..... :nawty:

This shit is like a soap opera