Author Topic: Deathrow owner Lara Lavi Talks 1st release (Chronic), fans leaking Tupac songs..  (Read 3023 times)

OG Hack Wilson

after listening to this interview, it definitely sounds like this Lara Lavi bitch knows what she's talking about and she's passionate about putting out the music the right way.  but the other part of me is thinkin fuck her just for the hell of it and my loyalty to the original deathrow

with that being said, i doubt i'll buy any of their releases and download everything! 

THE ORIGINAL DEATH ROW ARE THE ONES WHO SLEPT ON THIS MATERIAL THE LAST 12 YEARS WHILE THEIR LABEL WAS DEAD

*except for releasing the yearly "best of" or "greatest hits" compilations
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc555

Can someone put up a link I can't see this from my phone

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
shit sounds dope cant wait :o

EFFeX

AT LEAST there is some new songs on this edition of The Chronic otherwise I would have been so disappointed. I might cop just because my copy of The Chronic is scratched to shit.

Hope they add the new songs at the end as bonuses though, I don't want them to break up the natural flow of the original album.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's a business and she knows what's up.  I hope she stays true to her word and releases the majority of it - remastered but not altered from it's original creation. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

woof

hope she does the same with doggystyle and add next episode and the leftover title track doggystyle with george clinton, the funkadelic sample was off the hook on it

F-cisco

The two new songs on the Chronic might be "Ho Hopper" and "Mr. Officer" . This woman sounds very articulate and knowledgeable, no wonder why she hired the former DR engineers. She held her own with the interviewer. The 2pac thing is a mess. However you want to look it; missing masters, needing Afenis approval etc.. Doubt another 2pac album see the light of day under the Deathrow/Wideawake umbrella.

Efrain

Honestly, I don't expect much from the Chronic. I get it that they're rebooting the catalog so it's the obvious choice but those pickings are going to be slim. Dre either 1) trashes his unreleased stuff right then and there, 2) gives it away to other people to use or 3) it gets tangled in some legal problem and can't be released. Not only that But back in the Chronic days I get the impression Dre was running the studio and Suge the office. I don't think Suge was bothered with cataloging the recordings and keeping track of everything on the music end at that point, deathrow wasn't even legitimate then... it seems like that didn't happen until they started recording DPG and Snoop.  

I bet it will only be two songs like she said, probably the two Suge was going to put on the og Chronic 2000, Hoe hopper and Rat Tat Tat alt version. Not complaining I just don't expect much.

Now Doggystyle, yeaaah that's going to be a fucking goldmine. From those pdf's Lora could put out a fucking Doggystyle pt.2 and it might even be just as good.  

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:40:58 PM by Efrain »

BiggBoogaBiff

Someone wake me up from this wet dream, im soaked the fuck up... Maybe we'll hear an unreleased Dr. Dre/Snoop Doggy Dogg album after Detox drops... it is possible now and Dre wont have to back up his DeathRow shit with his newer shit.... just a thought

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Email them with your concerns and encourage them not to alter the original product created by the artists and the producers:  info@wideawakehc.com

I don't know if it'll do much but what's the worst that'll happen.

Make sure your grammar and spelling is correct so they take it serious.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

Honestly, I don't expect much from the Chronic. I get it that they're rebooting the catalog so it's the obvious choice but those pickings are going to be slim. Dre either 1) trashes his unreleased stuff right then and there, 2) gives it away to other people to use or 3) it gets tangled in some legal problem and can't be released. Not only that But back in the Chronic days I get the impression Dre was running the studio and Suge the office. I don't think Suge was bothered with cataloging the recordings and keeping track of everything on the music end at that point, deathrow wasn't even legitimate then... it seems like that didn't happen until they started recording DPG and Snoop.  

I bet it will only be two songs like she said, probably the two Suge was going to put on the og Chronic 2000, Hoe hopper and Rat Tat Tat alt version. Not complaining I just don't expect much.

Now Doggystyle, yeaaah that's going to be a fucking goldmine. From those pdf's Lora could put out a fucking Doggystyle pt.2 and it might even be just as good.  

she said "a hand full" of Dre songs

but lots of 2pac/DPG/Snoop
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

Yeah, I hope they do stuff like that and get creative. With a little imagination they have the ability to put out some sick projects.

JohnnyL

Yeah, I hope they do stuff like that and get creative. With a little imagination they have the ability to put out some sick projects.

Yeah.  Still waiting on that website though.  I can't believe that no interviewer has asked her about that yet.  It's a simple question.  "When will the website be up?"  It shouldn't be difficult.  Actually, I thought that overall the interviewer did very well, but still....website....ask damn it.
 I rechecked that trysomethingnew.tv website and so far there's no update.  Still haven't received any e-mails either.  You'd think if they were thinking about putting out this Chronic cd next month, they would start notifying people who signed up for the newsletter.  Ah well.  The website is really my only gripe.  Other than that, I think it seems like they are handling things pretty well so far.

EFFeX

By the way I disagree with her...

7 Day Theory >> All Eyez On Me

That's personal opinion though...  8)

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
looks promising, I wonder if they got that LBC crew album? what about the Sam Sneed album?