Author Topic: Deathrow owner Lara Lavi Talks 1st release (Chronic), fans leaking Tupac songs..  (Read 2985 times)

Jaydc555

Fact
 is if suge was in control still we would never see any of these releases.If some other company would have gotten the deal we would not see this.We should all be very thankful at who bought the label.As long as they follow through on their word that is.I've never been this excited before about death row.As should anyone who claims to be a death row fan.They won't do it if nobody supports the releases so shake your head if you don't plan on showing support this is what everyone always wanted

Blasphemy

after listening to this interview, it definitely sounds like this Lara Lavi bitch knows what she's talking about and she's passionate about putting out the music the right way.  but the other part of me is thinkin fuck her just for the hell of it and my loyalty to the original deathrow

with that being said, i doubt i'll buy any of their releases and download everything! 

She ain't no bitch, SHE IS THE FUCKING QUEEN!!! lol Finally the original G-Funk tunes will be released!!! Can't wait!!1 Glad we finally got someone who knows how to handle the Makaveli stuff.I'm hoping she releases all the OGs in a collectors set. I'd buy that shit lol so damn hard to find all his true OGs, faggots have to remix em and call em OGs.So much distortion.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
cool i'll probably buy that Chronic release  8)

i like the fact that the money is not going to suge knight

2euce 7even

dats all cool and dope but...
even if there were no pac/dre/snoop/dpg material left im still interested in things like: redrum,bloody mary,oftb,murder IV hire,swoop g,sam sneed,j-flexx,young soldierz,paradise,b-rezell,k-solo,jewell,michel´le,6 feet deep,BGOTI,guess,mc hammer,mark morrison,rhythm & knowledge,cpo the boss hogg,lbc crew,prince ital joe,etc.

Matty

sounds good. that rereleased chronic album probably won't tie in with the 'toxic' lp in any way though 8)

they need to get at quik to work on some more unreleased 2pac material. imagine an unreleased pac album with all new quik production.

she indirectly points to this idea by saying how 'all eyez on me' is the best sounding 2pac album production and mixing wise and they want to get back to this. well....maybe get at the man (quik) who was most responsible for this album!!! he's stilll out there...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:12:37 AM by Matty »

Mista Rosa

hope they will release some nate dogg too
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

skriLL

looks promising, I wonder if they got that LBC crew album? what about the Sam Sneed album?

they definitely got the lbc crew album

OG Hack Wilson

By the way I disagree with her...

7 Day Theory >> All Eyez On Me

That's personal opinion though...  8)

I think she just meant that the production on "All Eyez on Me" sounded a bit more polished than on "7 Day Theory."  At least, I think that's what she meant.  If I interpreted what she said correctly, I kind of agree with her on that.  "7 Day Theory" is an excellent album, but it did have more or a raw sound, imo.

My only problem with her argument concerning mastering is that the polish sound is necessary better.  It's supposed to sound raw for a reason unless it was poorly executed during mastering.  Not everything is meant to be polished.

That's a good point... I can point out non-2 Pac releases.

People always say acts like Wu-Tang need to remaster their classic albums like "36 Chambers", well to be honest, no that wouldn't sound right. An album like that is supposed to be raw. Even the Biggie re-release of "Ready To Die". I thought there was something lost when they remastered it. Some of that 90s Hip Hop sounds "better" in the old format, more in the cassette form. Again, that's personal opinion though. I have to admit though, I really did like some of those remasters such as "Dogg Food".

Remastering is really to be considered on an album-to-album basis instead of a must do for EVERY project.

i LOVE hearing a 2009-master of a song from 1993.....it sounds so much better
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MarshColin

When she starts dropping these releases, assuming she does them right, go out and fucking buy them! This forum has been 50% posts about unreleased Death Row since the forum's inception. We've all bitched about this for years, and now our patience has paid off. So just go out and buy the shit, there's no excuse not to especially since they're doing everything the LEGAL way and compensating the original artists.

Don Seer

This may not be as easy as it sounds as some artists like Dr Dre had their own publishing, which means they also retain creative control. this stopped death row putting parts of its catalogue dre was involved with before... there was a lawsuit about some kind of burn on demand system a few years ago. dre won by saying that putting it out in another form was breaking his creative vision or something along those lines..

however. snoop was under suge publishing which is why they were able to do things like dead man walking

remember even after he left for no limit, he dropped 2 albums which suge got loot from.. last meal was the last album that put money into suges pockets.

the lbc crew might well not have been (as snoop did it all on doggystyle/death row).. suge wasnt keen on putting artists who werent on his publishing out.

in short. just because you own the master tape, doesnt mean you own the right to publish it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:08:04 AM by Don Seer »

Mista Rosa

hope they will release some nate dogg too
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

OG Hack Wilson

When she starts dropping these releases, assuming she does them right, go out and fucking buy them! This forum has been 50% posts about unreleased Death Row since the forum's inception. We've all bitched about this for years, and now our patience has paid off. So just go out and buy the shit, there's no excuse not to especially since they're doing everything the LEGAL way and compensating the original artists.

+1
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
This may not be as easy as it sounds as some artists like Dr Dre had their own publishing, which means they also retain creative control. this stopped death row putting parts of its catalogue dre was involved with before... there was a lawsuit about some kind of burn on demand system a few years ago. dre won by saying that putting it out in another form was breaking his creative vision or something along those lines..

however. snoop was under suge publishing which is why they were able to do things like dead man walking

remember even after he left for no limit, he dropped 2 albums which suge got loot from.. last meal was the last album that put money into suges pockets.

the lbc crew might well not have been (as snoop did it all on doggystyle/death row).. suge wasnt keen on putting artists who werent on his publishing out.

in short. just because you own the master tape, doesnt mean you own the right to publish it.
yeah she also mentioned that in the video.

i don't see why Dre wouldn't cooperate though; he wants to get paid right?

love33

It's a shame Johnny J passed away -- she could have hollered at him to make some new beats or touch up some of the beats that were on the classic unreleased death row material since he would have known best what to put on them.  I miss that classic "Run Tha Streetz" laid back west coast production he brought to the table which imo is better than 90% of the production post 2000.  Johnny J brought the west coast hypnotic laid back pacific ocean beats to life on his shit but he did it in a way with hard base and laid back melodies that you could play in your ride or at the club.  RIP Johnny J

Don Seer

Does Dre need to get paid? i think he's ok for cash...

I certainly think that if they can get past Dre's protective shield of Yes-men that Dre would be happier now that its not really the original Death Row or Suge putting it out or profitting from it.

btw The Chronic and Doggystyle, and more already got 'remastered' only a couple of years ago, with bonus video content. I bought those. I've got 3 copies of The Chronic in various forms, plus all the 12"s, and 4 versions of Doggystyle, with all the 12"s and CD's's again.

The only thing 'extra' these releases are promising to offer are some extra pictures and a DVD.

Tell you what, a non-fucked up video compilation would go down a treat. The death row video release cut stuff short didnt it...