Author Topic: Deathrow owner Lara Lavi Talks 1st release (Chronic), fans leaking Tupac songs..  (Read 2995 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Tell you what, a non-fucked up video compilation would go down a treat. The death row video release cut stuff short didnt it...

The "15 Years on Death Row" compliation has a bonus disc with about 20-25 music videos in full. Shame they were all the censored versions...but hey, it's a start.

kuruptDPG

it seems like they re-release all the albums and will add in extra traks/videos, that isnt so bad, least we will be getting new music out of it.

cant wait to hear the dr.dre/snoop/tha dogg pound material, lets just hope they cooperate with wideawake so that they can put it out.

OG Hack Wilson

Tell you what, a non-fucked up video compilation would go down a treat. The death row video release cut stuff short didnt it...

The "15 Years on Death Row" compliation has a bonus disc with about 20-25 music videos in full. Shame they were all the censored versions...but hey, it's a start.

the videos were made that way....shame they had gin and juice remix instead of OG 

but the gin and juice remix is FIRE
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Does Dre need to get paid? i think he's ok for cash...

I certainly think that if they can get past Dre's protective shield of Yes-men that Dre would be happier now that its not really the original Death Row or Suge putting it out or profitting from it.

btw The Chronic and Doggystyle, and more already got 'remastered' only a couple of years ago, with bonus video content. I bought those. I've got 3 copies of The Chronic in various forms, plus all the 12"s, and 4 versions of Doggystyle, with all the 12"s and CD's's again.

The only thing 'extra' these releases are promising to offer are some extra pictures and a DVD.

i know, Dre is very rich, but i meant was, i think Dre doesn't mind that an other company is putting out a product with his name on it, as long as he gets a piece of the pie.

anyway, yeah you're right, those releases were remastered before.
but she's also talking about adding previously unreleased songs.

whether she's able to pull that off is another story though

Don Seer

the videos were made that way....shame they had gin and juice remix instead of OG 

not true. i've got mtv rips of the full versions of some of the videos that were cut short.

Digital Pimpin'

not true. i've got mtv rips of the full versions of some of the videos that were cut short.

Unless Hack Wilson's talking about titties being blurred out and the like?

Don Seer

i've also got rips with those logos.. and even the gun visible.. :)  but you can kinda understand why that happened..

what do you guys reckon about the possibiiliy of dvd's.. would be sick if The Chronic came with all the videos from that on a DVD.. same for Doggystyle..

btw.. What about the Deep Cover soundtrack?... kind of the row's 'real' first release..
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:37:08 AM by Don Seer »

Digital Pimpin'

I think some DualDisc versions of Chronic & Doggystyle were released back in 05, which had the CD on one side and a DVD on the other with all the videos. Never seen them on sale outside of the internet tho.

JohnnyL

My only problem with the videos they included on that collection was that the picture quality for most of them was crap.  I thought the video selection was pretty good, but the quality on most of them was god awful.  If memory serves me, there were maybe only a couple that were passable.  I don't know what source they used for the video, but it's evident they did nothing to them to clean them up.  From the way they talk, I don't think Wideawake will make the same mistake.

OG Hack Wilson

eh i know Dante sold a DVD of 2pac video's for like 299 or some shit with the dirty cuts of death row vids like natural born killers
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

JohnnyL

eh i know Dante sold a DVD of 2pac video's for like 299 or some shit with the dirty cuts of death row vids like natural born killers

Yeah.  He had a Tupac video collection for sale that actually looked pretty nice.  I was thinkin' it was actually only about 80 bucks.  Because I remember thinking that was one project I was giving some thought to supporting.  I actually thought that seemed like a fairly reasonable price at the time, because it had pretty much every video, and most of them were supposed to be in dvd quality.

Don Seer

I think some DualDisc versions of Chronic & Doggystyle were released back in 05, which had the CD on one side and a DVD on the other with all the videos. Never seen them on sale outside of the internet tho.

thats what i've got.. its an enchanced CD

OG Hack Wilson

Yeah.  He had a Tupac video collection for sale that actually looked pretty nice.  I was thinkin' it was actually only about 80 bucks.  Because I remember thinking that was one project I was giving some thought to supporting.  I actually thought that seemed like a fairly reasonable price at the time, because it had pretty much every video, and most of them were supposed to be in dvd quality.

lol

Jimmy H.

btw.. What about the Deep Cover soundtrack?... kind of the row's 'real' first release..
I don't think Death Row ever had the rights to it. It's never been on any of their releases and even though, Death Row prohibited use of their music for the documentary, "Welcome To Death Row" in 2001, the song and sections of the video appeared. I think Death Row did that song under another deal (possibly with Solar) and didn't maintain the same control of it as the rest of their library. Could be wrong though but it is weird that it never appeared on any of their compilations like the Greatest Hits of Dre (both import and domestic) or the two recent compilations but they did include the 187Um remix. 

OG Hack Wilson

Death Row tried to and were not able to get Deep Cover on the Chronic album due to it not being a Death row song