Author Topic: Deathrow owner Lara Lavi Talks 1st release (Chronic), fans leaking Tupac songs..  (Read 2984 times)

OG Hack Wilson

so yeah, that sampler (sans the two Crooked I tracks) sucked balls
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Seer

yeah its likely a solar.. sony thing (would have to check my copy)

but its funny that like 187um (which i know isnt quite the same as the song deep cover) werent on death row releases, appeared on some pretty odd compilations over the years

OG Hack Wilson

187um was released on the Dre Day single so they owned the rights to that track

but the Deep Cover "tongihts the night i get in some shit" is only on the Deep Cover cd or the Death row Europe release which sells in the states for like a few bucks more than a regular cd  (say a regular CD is 14 bucks, it sells for 17 or 18)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Seer

187um was released on the Dre Day single so they owned the rights to that track
ah hah!

i cant wait to get all my shit in itunes properly so its can what tracks were where easily.. forget so much!

Don Seer

actually you just made me realise something....

its highly likely the company will release

the chronic + puffin on blunts+ 187um as both were chronic single b-sides..

and the fans are expecting.. mr officer and ho hopper

EFFeX

I have been suspecting the same thing...

Don Seer

since i realised it. i'm pretty much sure of it.  :-\

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

i'm not so sure of that; if they want people to buy their releases, starting off with a lie would be a bad move.

i'm not saying it won't happen, it's just that i'm not sure if the company is that stupid
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:14:25 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

JohnnyL

i'm not so sure of that; if they want people to buy their releases, starting off with a lie is a very bad move.

i'm not saying it won't happen, it's just that i'm not sure if the company is that stupid

I don't think that will happen either, unless Wideawake is actually unaware that these tracks have been released before.  I think they're up on their Row knowledge to know that both of those tracks have already been released in various forms, on other releases (Including the recent "15 Years On Death Row" compilation).  I think more than likely we'll get at least two actual unreleased tracks from that era (keep that in mind too-she said "at least two" previously unreleased tracks).  I'm guessing "Mr. Officer," "Rat-ta-Tat-Tat (OG)," and/or "Ho Hopper."  But time will tell.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

i'm not so sure of that; if they want people to buy their releases, starting off with a lie is a very bad move.

I don't think that will happen either, unless Wideawake is actually unaware that these tracks have been released before.  I think they're up on their Row knowledge to know that both of those tracks have already been released in various forms, on other releases (Including the recent "15 Years On Death Row" compilation).  I think more than likely we'll get at least two actual unreleased tracks from that era (keep that in mind too-she said "at least two" previously unreleased tracks).  I'm guessing "Mr. Officer," "Rat-ta-Tat-Tat (OG)," and/or "Ho Hopper."  But time will tell.

yeah i'm giving the company the benefit of the doubt, we'll see

OG Hack Wilson

I have been suspecting the same thing...

i'll buy it if NEXT EPISODE is on there lol

Don Seer

should it be on doggystyle?

Efrain

Does Dre need to get paid? i think he's ok for cash...

I certainly think that if they can get past Dre's protective shield of Yes-men that Dre would be happier now that its not really the original Death Row or Suge putting it out or profitting from it.

I honestly don't think either of them (Snoop or Dre) would object to old unreleased stuff being released purely on principal. My guess is any objections are going to come more in the way of release logistics and potentially threatening sales on their current albums. Like Interscope wouldn't want WideAwake dropping a Chronic re-issue on the same month as Detox or something like that.

Snoop and co seems to get motivated by listening to their old stuff so maybe they're all for it.

JohnnyL

Does Dre need to get paid? i think he's ok for cash...

I certainly think that if they can get past Dre's protective shield of Yes-men that Dre would be happier now that its not really the original Death Row or Suge putting it out or profitting from it.

I honestly don't think either of them (Snoop or Dre) would object to old unreleased stuff being released purely on principal. My guess is any objections are going to come more in the way of release logistics and potentially threatening sales on their current albums. Like Interscope wouldn't want WideAwake dropping a Chronic re-issue on the same month as Detox or something like that.

Snoop and co seems to get motivated by listening to their old stuff so maybe they're all for it.

I don't think so either.  I think their main issue in the past was Suge making money off of them.  The situation now is different, and it would be an opportunity for them to make some more money off their old unreleased work.  I realize they don't need the money, but it's money that I bet they wouldn't turn down.  I think things will work out okay in this instance.

kuruptDPG

it seems like they re-release all the albums and will add in extra traks/videos, that isnt so bad, least we will be getting new music out of it.

cant wait to hear the dr.dre/snoop/tha dogg pound material, lets just hope they cooperate with wideawake so that they can put it out.