Author Topic: Deathrow owner Lara Lavi Talks 1st release (Chronic), fans leaking Tupac songs..  (Read 2991 times)

Muhfukka

i'll believe it when i see it

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Email them with your concerns and encourage them not to alter the original product created by the artists and the producers:  info@wideawakehc.com

I don't know if it'll do much but what's the worst that'll happen.

Make sure your grammar and spelling is correct so they take it serious.

Good post.  The only they'll treat the music seriously is if they sense that we are as well.  That means supporting the releases financially and being mature about understanding how the business works.  If the re-release of The Chronic flops and we all just illegally download the two unreleased songs, we won't hear any of the other stuff.  There seems to be a real cause and effect this time.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
looks promising, I wonder if they got that LBC crew album?

LBC Crew in CD quality > 2pac originals in CDQ

Just imo.  I pray they have the masters and Snoop was just b.s.ing about Style trashing them.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

woof

looks promising, I wonder if they got that LBC crew album? what about the Sam Sneed album?

they definitely got the lbc crew album

Propz for the list  8)

you got a list of snoop unreleased??

OG Hack Wilson

looks promising, I wonder if they got that LBC crew album?

LBC Crew in CD quality > 2pac originals in CDQ

Just imo.

i respect your opinion but think its silly

LBC Crew's best song ever?  Out the moon.  why? 2pac verse lol.

AND THEY DID SOME CLASSIC SONGS WITH MY BOY CROOKED
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

acgrundy

I'll take the lbc crew album over anything

OG Hack Wilson

ill take the 50 2pac tracks over any music evre made anywhere else other than 2pac from 1991-1995
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

ill take the 50 2pac tracks over any music evre made anywhere else other than 2pac from 1991-1995

I guess it's all opinion... I mean, Pac was dope, but he's not the beginning and ending of all music for me. I haven't bumped a Pac album in ages believe it or not.

Don Seer

indeed fuck 2pac.

anyways the lbc crew version of out the moon was the original, without pac.

btw if you got this far the pac comment in the first line was a test.. if it riled you.. you need to get off his dick.
the second biggest thing thats ruined pacs legacy after the dodgy remix albums are his fan boys

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
indeed fuck 2pac.

anyways the lbc crew version of out the moon was the original, without pac.

btw if you got this far the pac comment in the first line was a test.. if it riled you.. you need to get off his dick.
the second biggest thing thats ruined pacs legacy after the dodgy remix albums are his fan boys
lol, you've hit the nail on the head

kuruptlon

I think you guys are wrong or just wishful thinking that Dre is gonna want to see his unreleased Death Row material released. The guy is a perfectionist to a fault, the stuff at Death Row is old and from another time period that he obviously doesn't want to be associated with anymore.

Dre's not the kinda guy to just release stuff to release it. Before he puts anything out he obviously puts a lot of thought into it so to think he's just gonna be like sure release my old shit is kinda going against everything we've known about the man for the last decade or so. The truth is he probably feels that alot of the stuff that didnt see the light of day from him (and this only pertains to dre) didn't see the light of day because it wasn't good enough.

regarding the other matter at hand I would love to see that LBC album released

The original version of out the moon is booty compared to the pac version

and no need for anti pac animosity we're all friends here

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
oh shit so those LBC crew tracks were in the Vault all this time, freakin SUGE, Fat A$$ held on to this like it sucked. Hopefully the new Deathrow puts this album out, such great music

I wonder if the Sam Sneed Album was included in the catalog sold to the new owners, i'd love to see that to. anyone seen anything about sam sneed when the auction was up?

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Regarding the dre tracks, in the interview she mentioned that they have talked to dre or his people about not interfering with the "detox" release. she mentioned nothing about getting approval to release tracks. Maybe they already have a understanding? And why would this release interfere with Dre's Detox release if it will only have old tracks that have been released.

Hopefully Dre has already given his Go-Ahead to release old material and its a non-issue.

JohnnyL

I don't see how a Chronic re-release would have any impact (good or bad) on a potential "Detox" release, provided they release it in a time-frame reasonably close to what they stated in the interview.  If the album really does drop in June (or thereabouts), there is no way that will come even close to the time-frame that Dre is looking at for dropping "Detox."  While I don't believe anyone knows for sure when Dr. Dre is going to release "Detox,"  I think we can all be reasonably certain that it will not come out in the next month or two.  As far as the inclusion of the unreleased material, I don't think Lara Lavi would have mentioned it if she wasn't fairly certain that it could be included.
 I know that Dre is reputed to be a perfectionist, but we don't even know for sure what these previously unreleased tracks are.  We don't necessarily know that these tracks were cut from "The Chronic" because Dre didn't like them.  I think there has already been one interview with Lara Lavi and John Payne where one of them mentioned that some of the material cut from "The Chronic" was cut, not for being sub-par material, but merely because they already had enough at that point, for a full-length album.   
 I really do think that Dre's objections to this sort of stuff in the past had more to do with the poor relationship between himself and Suge.  Not to mention that in the past when it was an issue, Suge wanted to remix Dre's old songs and add artists from the then-current Death Row roster to the tracks.  And to add insult to injury, it was for inclusion on an album that was basically stealing the title from Dre's then-upcoming album.

kuruptlon

I don't see how a Chronic re-release would have any impact (good or bad) on a potential "Detox" release, provided they release it in a time-frame reasonably close to what they stated in the interview.  If the album really does drop in June (or thereabouts), there is no way that will come even close to the time-frame that Dre is looking at for dropping "Detox."  While I don't believe anyone knows for sure when Dr. Dre is going to release "Detox,"  I think we can all be reasonably certain that it will not come out in the next month or two.  As far as the inclusion of the unreleased material, I don't think Lara Lavi would have mentioned it if she wasn't fairly certain that it could be included.
 I know that Dre is reputed to be a perfectionist, but we don't even know for sure what these previously unreleased tracks are.  We don't necessarily know that these tracks were cut from "The Chronic" because Dre didn't like them.  I think there has already been one interview with Lara Lavi and John Payne where one of them mentioned that some of the material cut from "The Chronic" was cut, not for being sub-par material, but merely because they already had enough at that point, for a full-length album.   
 I really do think that Dre's objections to this sort of stuff in the past had more to do with the poor relationship between himself and Suge.  Not to mention that in the past when it was an issue, Suge wanted to remix Dre's old songs and add artists from the then-current Death Row roster to the tracks.  And to add insult to injury, it was for inclusion on an album that was basically stealing the title from Dre's then-upcoming album.

haha that was kind of funny but at the same time Suge was just acting like a child, The fact that he spent most of the rows later days trying to mess with the sales of former artist was pretty pathetic and childish. I mean I got a lot of respect for Suge and just about anything Death Row but I just can't wrap my head around why he thought releasing things like the Chronic 2000 (which for the record did not need to be a double album with all that trash maybe there was enough good tracks on there for one album), Dead Man Walking, and Dogg Pound 2002. From outside perspective he was really just saying he wasn't shit without those guys because all he could do was put out their unreleased shit when they left. Just a bad look.