Author Topic: Is it just me or does def jam suck now?  (Read 849 times)

Jaydc555

Is it just me or does def jam suck now?
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:35:18 AM »
After just forcing myself through jadakiss and Rick Ross albums I have to say I'm not interested in anything with the def jam logo on it.All their albums are so formulaic.The first time I really noticed it was the last fabolous album.here's a typical def jam rap song boring 16 chorus by popular r and n singer rinse and repeat 12 to 13 times on the album.I don't know what anyone sees in this Ross album I think its fucking terrible.I'd give it a 1 out of 5 at best.Ross can barely keep my attention for one song.He never says anything remotely interesting and has the same flow on every track.And the production isn't even that good.If this is what you people think is good beats what the fuck has happened to hip hop?As for jadakiss well Its pretty much exactly what I expected.Dumbed down lyrics over bland production with lame r and b hooks.god this shit is garbage.

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Is it just me or does def jam suck now?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:00:36 AM »
After just forcing myself through jadakiss and Rick Ross albums I have to say I'm not interested in anything with the def jam logo on it.All their albums are so formulaic.The first time I really noticed it was the last fabolous album.here's a typical def jam rap song boring 16 chorus by popular r and n singer rinse and repeat 12 to 13 times on the album.I don't know what anyone sees in this Ross album I think its ####### terrible.I'd give it a 1 out of 5 at best.Ross can barely keep my attention for one song.He never says anything remotely interesting and has the same flow on every track.And the production isn't even that good.If this is what you people think is good beats what the #### has happened to hip hop?As for jadakiss well Its pretty much exactly what I expected.Dumbed down lyrics over bland production with lame r and b hooks.god this #### is garbage.

I have a burned copy of Rick Ross's album and I'm keep asking myself, what is the big deal?!? None of that stuff is memorable. Jada should stick with the Lox. As far as the beats, on Rick Ross's some of it is aiiiigghhht...but damn diddy does better beats then that. Someone said Rick Ross's album was the "Biggie of Miami" wtf...!! Biggie had way better production, sound, hooks, and of course lyrics, no comparison.

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 07:02:36 AM »
Yeah I went back couple months back and listened to his first two albums and thought they were terrible.I can understand people liking lil Wayne and ti.but I don't get why anyone would like Rick Ross.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 07:21:00 AM »
After just forcing myself through jadakiss and Rick Ross albums I have to say I'm not interested in anything with the def jam logo on it.All their albums are so formulaic.The first time I really noticed it was the last fabolous album.here's a typical def jam rap song boring 16 chorus by popular r and n singer rinse and repeat 12 to 13 times on the album.I don't know what anyone sees in this Ross album I think its fucking terrible.I'd give it a 1 out of 5 at best.Ross can barely keep my attention for one song.He never says anything remotely interesting and has the same flow on every track.And the production isn't even that good.If this is what you people think is good beats what the fuck has happened to hip hop?As for jadakiss well Its pretty much exactly what I expected.Dumbed down lyrics over bland production with lame r and b hooks.god this shit is garbage.

Completely agree, but a paragraph or two and some space between sentences would make this easier to read..  ;)

Def Jam is like the EA Games of music, it's so formulaic, you know what the albums sound like before you listen, you even know 70% of the tracklist before it's announced.
Jadakiss would have been considered top 5 if it wasn't for his garbage albums.
If you take his 3 albums and collect the best tracks of each, you get a half decent album, but not much more.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
Agreed. You also forgot about Luda & Friends latest album. Seems like Kanye is the only one doing something in a different direction (808's excluded)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 04:06:51 PM »
def jam sucked when rocafella.. and def jam south split..

they was runnin shit then..

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »
Well there's always this...  http://rapidshare.com/files/86574068/Fiend-The_Addiction-2006-RAGEMP3.rar

but Ross' album was the shit besides that track with Trina... maybe y'all r just getting too old.... ALL Music of ALL genres has always been forumulatic or whatever.  how many times did producers on all coasts (hip hop) use that MK Rhodes Piano?  Answer:  More times than Jeezy & Lil' Jon has said "Yeah" combined
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:10:29 PM by RadioTube!_301 »

Invincible

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 04:22:15 PM »
Well there's always this...  http://rapidshare.com/files/86574068/Fiend-The_Addiction-2006-RAGEMP3.rar

but Ross' album was the shit besides that track with Trina... maybe y'all r just getting too old.... ALL Music of ALL genres has always been forumulatic or whatever.  how many times did producers on all coasts (hip hop) use that MK Rhodes Piano?  Answer:  More times than Jeezy & Lil' Jon has said "Yeah" combined

Your opinion is worthless.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 04:27:36 PM »

Kinda like how your mother sucks dick homey

http://www.zshare.net/audio/59427881bfe26c59/  (track off Fiend's "The Addiction")

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 04:29:18 PM »
Total releases since 2007:  33 or so

Quality Def Jam releases since 2007: 6

Chrisette Michele - I Am
Jay-Z - American Gangster
Kanye West - Graduation
Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak
The Roots - Rising Down
Young Jeezy - The Recession

I don't bump most R&B.

As of 2009 I did not like either of the two major rappers released (Ross or Jada).  Ross's most redeemable feature was the beat selection.  I did not listen to Ross before the beef and have grown disdain for him since the beef.  Jada's cd was wack.  Not feeling it at all.

Expected quality future releases:
Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3
Fabulous Loso's Way
Method Man & Red Man Blackout 2
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Invincible

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »

Kinda like how your mother sucks dick homey

Why would I give a shit about that?  ???  ::)

Invincible

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 04:33:59 PM »
Total releases since 2007:  33 or so

Quality Def Jam releases since 2007: 6

Chrisette Michele - I Am
Jay-Z - American Gangster
Kanye West - Graduation
Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak
The Roots - Rising Down
Young Jeezy - The Recession

I don't bump most R&B.

As of 2009 I did not like either of the two major rappers released (Ross or Jada).  Ross's most redeemable feature was the beat selection.  I did not listen to Ross before the beef and have grown disdain for him since the beef.  Jada's cd was wack.  Not feeling it at all.

Expected quality future releases:
Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3
Fabulous Loso's Way
Method Man & Red Man Blackout 2

Only maybe 2 of them albums belong in that list of quality releases. 808's is horrible, Jeezy's album was avaerage, same with Jigga's. Although I can't say anything about Chriisettes album as I haven't heard it.

I'm expecting nothing from that Fabolous album, the same old shit from him.

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »
Nas' "Untitled" was on Def Jam and dope as fuck.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 04:37:32 PM »
why does everybody think that their opinion is better than everybody else's opinion.  "this album was hot... no that album was average" talk... i mean who named y'all the Grand Wizard Opinion Masters?

Invincible

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
why does everybody think that their opinion is better than everybody else's opinion.  "this album was hot... no that album was average" talk... i mean who named y'all the Grand Wizard Opinion Masters?

So since when was your opinion of Jeezy being better than Chamillionaire better. You were insisting you were right the whole way through.